Update on my 700LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dave48003

Update on my 700LGX

Postby Dave48003 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:28 am

First, thanks to several friends from FT that have encouraged me to get back active on here. I'll try to do that, I certainly miss my friends on here.

As some of you know and others have read about in my posts, I received a 700 LGX on St. Patricks day of 2011. There is detailed info about all of that readily available in this forum. Search "LGX Log". I get a lot of questions about how it is now, over 4 years later. The short answer, fantastic. Now, that doesn't mean without issues! LOL. In March of 2014 I had to undergo a revision surgery to move the reservoir. Looking back on the whole process, a lot of the issues I had now make sense. My reservoir had never been positioned where it should have been. It was actually sliding back down the canal my right testicle called home and was causing a lot of discomfort and eventually became infected. After some antibiotics cleared up the infection, my doctor removed the reservoir through the scrotum (which is how it was originally put in) and made an incision below my navel and placed it behind the abdominal muscles. Now, since the healing has happened, I cannot detect where it is, before it was always easily found.

Apparently, the canal that I have is unusually large and allowed the reservoir slide down. It also did not allow me to fully deflate my penis, which was the source of some discomfort for the 3 years it was in that position. Now I can squeeze my penis and deflate it to the point it is almost normal. This is really nice as I'm not constantly adjusting myself to try to get comfortable. I am a patient advocate for AMS and demonstrate the device for prospective patients and their partners when requested. Most cannot detect the presence of the implant until I explain what to feel for to uncover the secret. It is still somewhat larger when flaccid, but not so much that it causes undue attention.

So, would I do it again? Absolutely. The issues I've had are insignificant compared to the benefit of the device. The ability to have a great erection is obvious. The confidence it has given me in my "manhood" psychologically is amazing. I no longer feel less of a man than every other man I come face to face with as I used to. Remember, I was a young adult who was unable to perform sexually like my friends could. Not a good thing for your feeling of masculinity.

As always, anything I can do to help anyone with ED, I will jump at the chance. Just give me a shout!
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

PCHelp76180

Re: Update on my 700LGX

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 am

Thank you for sharing this with us Dave48003. I am also having the same symptoms as you described with the reservoir. I have the Titian Coloplast and got an infection 6 weeks post-op, I can tell its the reservoir because that is the only area that is sore. I have been on the antiboitcs now for 3 weeks and return to the Dr's on Sep 21st to see if it's savable. If they have to pull it all out I'm going to ask the Dr if he can place my receiver under the abdominal muscles. I can not deflate completely and nice a lot of discomfort when wearing a belt.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

PCHelp76180

Re: Update on my 700LGX

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Hey Dave, I sent you an PM
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Return to “Implants”