Thinking about it and thinking about it some more

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
edqueries

Thinking about it and thinking about it some more

Postby edqueries » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:53 pm

I am 62...no health problems at all but have been afflicted with ED for many years. I can masturbate and get hard, but the erection lasts only a very short time. I self diagnosed myself with venous leak. The pills never works and the couple of times I had injections, there was little difference. I don't know if I am premature in thinking about an implant, but I really don't see anything else actually working. I don't have much of a support network and though technically married and with three grown children, I am also quite isolated so I will have to go through this thing pretty much alone. I have been reading about this for years and have been peering in on the conversations on this excellent site for a very long time. I have a few questions and frankly, though I more than welcome input from people who are happy with the results, it is those who are unhappy with the procedure that I would equally welcome as my fears over this are rather overwhelming. The first of many concerns I have is that masturbating is extremely pleasurable for me now though, of course, feeds my isolation. I can literally masturbate (usually most successfully while in the seated position, incidentally) to orgasm several times a day, each very satisfying. I don't want to lost the sensation and the ability to masturbate, which is currently my only form of sexual release. The rest of my questions are rather obvious but no less important to me: does it feel natural, is oral sex as excellent as it was before I had ED, are my fears unsubstantiated or quite realistic? I am in NYC and would probably go to Dr Eid should I ever actually make the move the do this which in some ways I desperately desire and in others, truly dread. Please...all you men who have gone through this...help me understand the pros and cons. I am fully educated in the procedure but needs a lot of real world advise from those who have gone through it all. Thanks to every who responds.

jelizondo12

Re: Thinking about it and thinking about it some more

Postby jelizondo12 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Why go thru all that trouble and pain for what. Implants are for men that want to return to having sex with the wife, girl friend, boy friend. it appears that even if you get a implant you still don't have a wife to play with. Unless you get some one to use it on besides yourself forget it

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:05 am

Sounds like you are going through quite a struggle. I think seeing a sexual health expert to help you sort out what is causing your ED and and make sure you dont have any metabolic or chemical issues would be a good start. They can also make sure you know what all your choices are to help not only with the ED but isolation. And finally if the experts say an implant is aa reasonable choice after causes figured out an implant wont usually affect anything except make sure you have a predictable erection. Best of luck.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:45 pm

If you come to the conclusion that an implant is what you need, go ahead and get it. I thought about it, and then thought some more, and finally thought so long (for years) that it became too late. Don't delay - time is not your friend.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 pm

You have many issues going on here, not the least of which is your ED. To be blunt, nobody here or your doctor can guarantee that you will retain the same level of satisfaction that you do now, or that oral sex will be fantastic. There is every liklihood that that will be the case. Things might even be better but there are no guarantees. There is a satifaction rate in the mid to high ninety percents from both implantee and their partners so that should tell you something. Personally, my implant has resulted in the same or greater satisfaction, but that doesn't help you.

I think your biggest issue, in my opinion, is the state of your marriage. I'm not sure what "technically married" really means but I'm guessing you are living with your wife but are in a sexless marriage. If this is the case, an implant will not solve your problems. IMHO, if you are planning on staying in your marriage, extramarital affairs and prostitutes are out of the question, and you are getting enough satisfaction from masturbation I would say there is little to be gained from an implant.

If, however, you are seriously considering ending your marriage, or having an affair, an implant could give you the confidence you need to get back in the game. As I see it, given the information you have supplied, your biggest decision is not whether to get an implant or not, but what you want to do in terms of your relationships. Once you have figured that out, then the issue of how to fix your ED, implant or not, might just become a lot clearer. FWIW.

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Bottom line, you are going to get a better erection that won't ever go down until you want it to and if you want to get a lady in the mix then you have no concerns. It might even open you up to more relationships. Get it. You will be dead in 30 years anyway so who cares. Enjoy those last 30 years to the max. If anyone here says it isn't worth it based on what you told us they are writing you off as a human being. I preface all this by telling you to go to an elite guy, a guy who will give you the highest odds of success.

pockie

Postby pockie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:19 pm

edqueries wrote:I am 62...no health problems at all but have been afflicted with ED for many years. I can masturbate and get hard, but the erection lasts only a very short time. I self diagnosed myself with venous leak. The pills never works and the couple of times I had injections, there was little difference. I don't know if I am premature in thinking about an implant, but I really don't see anything else actually working. I don't have much of a support network and though technically married and with three grown children, I am also quite isolated so I will have to go through this thing pretty much alone. I have been reading about this for years and have been peering in on the conversations on this excellent site for a very long time. I have a few questions and frankly, though I more than welcome input from people who are happy with the results, it is those who are unhappy with the procedure that I would equally welcome as my fears over this are rather overwhelming. The first of many concerns I have is that masturbating is extremely pleasurable for me now though, of course, feeds my isolation. I can literally masturbate (usually most successfully while in the seated position, incidentally) to orgasm several times a day, each very satisfying. I don't want to lost the sensation and the ability to masturbate, which is currently my only form of sexual release. The rest of my questions are rather obvious but no less important to me: does it feel natural, is oral sex as excellent as it was before I had ED, are my fears unsubstantiated or quite realistic? I am in NYC and would probably go to Dr Eid should I ever actually make the move the do this which in some ways I desperately desire and in others, truly dread. Please...all you men who have gone through this...help me understand the pros and cons. I am fully educated in the procedure but needs a lot of real world advise from those who have gone through it all. Thanks to every who responds.

Dr. Eid did my surgery a few months ago, and I'm very happy.

I'm only 29, and I feel as if I made one of the best decisions in my life. And I was in a better spot than you as far as erectile function, I could get a partial or a short-lasting erection with pills which was very unstable.
Now I can have sex as long as I want and it's not going down.

Sensation wise - it might feel a bit different, but the general consensus among implantees on sensitivity is that it should be pretty much the same as before.

The best thing about it is not the fact that I can now perform well in the bedroom from a physical standpoint, but the confidence that it gives me. I'm much happier in life and much more confident around girls, the depression and anxiety related to the ED issues are gone.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:34 am

chiali09 wrote:Bottom line, you are going to get a better erection that won't ever go down until you want it to and if you want to get a lady in the mix then you have no concerns. It might even open you up to more relationships. Get it. You will be dead in 30 years anyway so who cares. Enjoy those last 30 years to the max. If anyone here says it isn't worth it based on what you told us they are writing you off as a human being. I preface all this by telling you to go to an elite guy, a guy who will give you the highest odds of success.

I am most certainly not writing him off as a human being, far from it. How can you possibly know what this gentleman wants to do in terms of his relationships? Perhaps his idea of living life to the max does not include cheating on his wife or whatever else you might be advising him to do. We have nothing else to go on when giving solicited advice except what the poster provides. I did not say don't do it, I said sort out the relationship thing before making a decision, I actually asked myself the same question before deciding on an implant, If my wife had no longer been interested in penetrative sex I am not sure I would have undergone the procedure. It is no small surgery. I asked my wife several times if she really intended to make use of the new equipment and if the answer had been no I wouldn't have done it.

jerrywayne

Postby jerrywayne » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:09 am

do it my friend , I to have wife that doesn't like sex very much but I love sex and jack off often ,I had ed for 20yrs then got an implant best thing I ever done ,and yes oral sex still feels very good ,there are other ways ,don't wait you will be happy with and it is not that bad to go thru ,have ahd mine for three yrs now and is well worth it .Don't know how long it will last doc said rest of my life I am 70 aaand I would not hesitate to do it again. if you want to talk to me will tell l you any thing I can to help

kidder

Postby kidder » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:11 pm

I agree with the others, that, before anyone could give you concrete advice, we'd have to know more (maybe not even then). But from what I'm getting, I really can't imagine why you wouldn't get it done. Possible reasons 1) Surgery is not all that big of a deal, but there will be a little pain and inconvenience for a few weeks. 2)Any possible financial factors might be a problem. 3)Not willing to accept loss of size, post op. I know there are some on this site who had no loss, but I'd guess 75% do lose something. I lost 11/4 in (altho I'm only 6 weeks out, and some might return when fully healed). Otherwise, I don't see any way that you could be worse off after having the procedure.

Return to “Implants”