Just got my Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Brad89

Just got my Implant

Postby Brad89 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:17 pm

So I have been on FrankTalk off and on for almost two years talking to guys in the chatroom and reading these posts. After talking with many in the chatroom I decided to get an implant. It was a very tough decision for me, as I am only 25 years old and currently single,. I had my surgery done yesterday the 29th, this is the first surgery I have ever had so i was not sure what to expect, but so far so good, I have to say the catheter may have been the worst part. It kept me up all night and it was very unpleasant to take it out this morning. the area is of course still very sore but I'm sure that is expected. I decided to go with AMS LGX, the doctor said he cut the cylinders to 21cm, which seems very long to me but I trust he knows what he's doing. I do have a question for anyone who may know though. My lower abdomen is very sore and sensitive, I cannot clear my throat, cough, or even talk loudly without a shooting pain down my lower abdomen where the reservoir is located. Is this normal? it is to the point where i get a deep pain in my abdomen if I even move.

Brad89

Re: Just got my Implant

Postby Brad89 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:20 pm

Also how long did you guys wait to shower? I was told I'm free to shower whenever I like, just to lightly towel dry the area. I am a bit nervous to do so though as my stitches are still very raw.

Anonymous5

Postby Anonymous5 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:22 pm

congrats on the surgery. It is hard to jump into that decision but "most" are happy they did it.
My abs hurt for about 8 days, and i washed off for the first 48 hours then showered. I did not "soak" until about 3 weeks after.
56 yr old-pc 2010 robotically removed mayo phoenix. Peyronie's with over 90 degree curve with mild ED. Trial and error until becoming bionic June 8, 2015 @University of Washington Med. Grafting to correct Peyronie's and implant done in one surgery.

senatephoto

Postby senatephoto » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Yes, the abdomen hurts for a bit...i'd imagine from the placement of the reservoir. Everything is sore, but it gets better every day, so hang in there. Just take is slow and allow your body to heal. I'm only two days out, so I feel your moderate pain. Congrats and best of luck!
RP March 2010
Salvage radiation and Lupron treatment March 2011. Implanted with AMS 700cx, 18cm with 2cm rear extenders by Dr. Kramer

username_taken29

Postby username_taken29 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Congrats on the implant Brad....please keep up posted on how things are in the days to come. ..I'm a young guy like you as well and seriously considering an implant

If you don't mind me asking...what drove your decision and did you have a very severe case of ED prior to this? Thanks

Brad89

Postby Brad89 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:51 pm

I've had ED for 4 years which has progressively gotten worse. Mine is due to type 1 diabetes which i have had for 22 years, around 4 years ago it started causing me some nerve damage and poor blood flow. I started with pills which would only work for about 3-4 minutes, then i went to injections which did not get me as hard as i would like and also made me very uncomfortable, I am not married so its hard to be spontaneous with injections. I had been thinking about an implant for almost a year prior to yesterday.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:43 am

Brad, I'm glad to hear you went ahead with the implant. You should be able to shower any time now, but no baths until later. The discomfort you're feeling will go away quickly (if it hasn't already). Congratulations!

Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:03 am

Brad,
Congrats! the lower abdomen pain is just from the reservoir. That's amazing that you followed through with it. Did Kramer in Baltimore do yours? I think he's amazing- wonder what your thoughts were. SB

Brad89

Postby Brad89 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks guys, and yes SB Dr.Kramer did mine, he said everything went perfect and basically to not look at it or play with it for 4 weeks. So that's what I'm gonna try and do. He made the experience as pleasant as it could be, i saw him twice before the surgery and then for about a half hour after, he seems very confident in his work, I'm glad i went with him.

senatephoto

Postby senatephoto » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi Brad,
I think you and I are in the same graduating class! I had mine done the 29th, first operation of the day. I'm feeling the same way, add constipation to that from the pain meds. Yeah, the catheter really sucked and I took it out early. I'm trying not to look at the results, but things look a little shorter when I sneak a glance, but as Doctor Kramer said, 4 weeks until we look. He said, like yours, the procedure was perfect.

anyway, best of luck to you with your recovery. All should be easier every day.
bests,
Mark
RP March 2010
Salvage radiation and Lupron treatment March 2011. Implanted with AMS 700cx, 18cm with 2cm rear extenders by Dr. Kramer

Return to “Implants”