Just got my Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Brad89

Re: Just got my Implant

Postby Brad89 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:53 pm

Hey Senatephoto, i saw your thread you started, i was his third of the day, i sent you a PM yesterday asking you what your thoughts were on the whole process.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Congratulations Brad89, welcome to club bionic! Yes the pain in the abdomen is normal, it will get better after about 3 weeks. No lifting or bending. I was told to wait 48 hours to shower, and 10 days for a bath.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

padreest

Postby padreest » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:11 pm

hey guys,
goig on 80 and just had 4th major spinal surgery one of the amazing benefits of it is the ability to orgasm.
not been able to do for some time. sufficient hard for solo but not marital. ron

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:08 pm

Brad89 wrote:So I have been on FrankTalk off and on for almost two years talking to guys in the chatroom and reading these posts. After talking with many in the chatroom I decided to get an implant. It was a very tough decision for me, as I am only 25 years old and currently single,. I had my surgery done yesterday the 29th, this is the first surgery I have ever had so i was not sure what to expect, but so far so good, I have to say the catheter may have been the worst part. It kept me up all night and it was very unpleasant to take it out this morning. the area is of course still very sore but I'm sure that is expected. I decided to go with AMS LGX, the doctor said he cut the cylinders to 21cm, which seems very long to me but I trust he knows what he's doing. I do have a question for anyone who may know though. My lower abdomen is very sore and sensitive, I cannot clear my throat, cough, or even talk loudly without a shooting pain down my lower abdomen where the reservoir is located. Is this normal? it is to the point where i get a deep pain in my abdomen if I even move.

Congrats on taking the plunge. Take to pain meds, dude. That's what they're for.

KMeister

Brad89

Postby Brad89 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:05 pm

So I took the jock strap off this morning as it was becoming unbearable. Since then I have just been wearing loose boxers. My question is are loose boxers OK to wear or do i need something tight to support my scrotum? A lot of the posts i have read on here most guys are wearing something for support. My doc told me is was OK to let everything hang freely. I'm hanging at about 5 inches right now and wearing the jock strap or briefs is very uncomfortable. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 pm

First congrats on joining our ever growing club! Hope it keeps going really great for you.
Im guessing it must be different for an AMS implant than a Coloplast Titan. Im 4 weeks out from surgery and have a Titan. I still have to wear something for support - either snug briefs or a jock strap. But it isnt just for my scrotum. If i let it hang i get an aching at the base of my penis where it attaches to my body. Feels like a fold in the implant tubes or something and it kinda hurts. Im mostly deflated and it feels a lot better pointed up. Im about 6.5 inches.
Regardless it is all about what your doctor tells you. Since yours says let it hang then boxers it is. I would rather wear those myself if i could.
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 am

Guys, Kramer alum here myself. 6.17.15. Guy is the real deal. Do exactly what he says (I didn't). I honestly would not touch a thing until Day 28 or later when it isn't tender at all down there any more. I will give u more later. At the 6 week mark I got to my original size. The first month I didn't think that was possible and thought to myself "not everyone hits a home run, I just hit a triple." Boy was I wrong. One word for you. Look at yourself everyday and say it. "patience!" I had sex for the first time since surgery yesterday (Day 45)! Well worth the wait.

Congrats! I'll keep checking back in.

Brad89

Postby Brad89 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:26 am

Thank you Mick, I suppose as long as I'm comfortable. Best of luck with your recovery

Thank you to everyone who has posted I really appreciate the help.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:02 pm

I agree with Mick, just wear whatever is comfortable for you. It was never suggested that I wear a jock strap after surgery, and I found anything constricting in any way was painful. I wore very loose clothing for as long as I could, and was finally able to comfortably wear briefs after about 8 weeks. That "fold pain" does disappear...just give it time. Mine was gone by week 10.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:14 am

Congratulations Brad - like everyone else says, give it time. I had similar pain to start but it soon goes.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

Return to “Implants”