New Member 5 1/2 weeks post op AMS LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Anonymous 3

New Member 5 1/2 weeks post op AMS LGX

Postby Anonymous 3 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Hello all,

I have been lurking on the board for the past year or so and I must say it has been, still is, the goto place for information. It is especially useful as it comes from real users.
A bit of backgrount. Age is 67 and I've had developing ED for probably the last 15 years with the last 2 or three completely impotent. My story is similar to many others here; tried all the pills and the injections slowly stopped working. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 4 years ago and had radiation treatment 2 years ago. Since then my penis has shrunk considerably and became virtually hidden. I never was well endowed so I basically had nothing going into the surgery. I do not live in the US so none of the big name surgeons was an option so I went with the local guy. The medical coverage here paid 100% of the costs, including one night in the hospital. At 5 1/2 weeks my incision has not completely healed, especially on the penile shaft. The scrotal skin is still tender, particularly where the hard edges of the pump push against the inside of the scrotum. But there are now times when I don't really feel that there are any additions. Sitting is bit of a challenge still but improving a lot. My penis is no longer hidden, just sort of points straight out so that's a good thing.

I cannot believe how hard it is to inflate the device. I was successful only once so far and could not deflate it. I ended up having to meed the surgeon at the hospital where he deflated it, but I was astonished at how hard he had to squeeze the deflate button and the penis. It hurt like ... well, you know. I haven't tried again as the incision is not completely healed but soon. Others have posted that it gets a lot easier with time. I sure hope so, because it is ridiculous right now.

All in all, though, I am pleased. I have not started cycling the implant so am looking forward to getting a bit of length back. Considering what I had before, which was basically nothing, already it's an improvement! As others have said, I wish I had had it done when I was younger and maybe faster healing, but it is what it is.

jelizondo12

Re: New Member 5 1/2 weeks post op AMS LGX

Postby jelizondo12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:08 pm

I know how you feel, there are some guys on here that had their procedure, took a aspirin and went home the same day. I was not one of them, I had severe pain and swallowed all my pain pills the first two weeks. Then all of a sudden I woke up on the third week and the pain was completely gone except when I sit down on my balls lol. My doctor pretty much did the procedure and said he would see me in thirty days which is 7/1/15. I also have experienced a very hard pump which I could not compress with one hand so I am waiting to see my doctor and have him inflate me, I didn't want to pop the pump and then get my ass chewed out for not having the doctor do my first inflation. The only thing I can tell you is to be patient and things will start to fall in order.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:45 pm

jelizondo12 wrote:I know how you feel, there are some guys on here that had their procedure, took a aspirin and went home the same day. I was not one of them, I had severe pain and swallowed all my pain pills the first two weeks. Then all of a sudden I woke up on the third week and the pain was completely gone except when I sit down on my balls lol. My doctor pretty much did the procedure and said he would see me in thirty days which is 7/1/15. I also have experienced a very hard pump which I could not compress with one hand so I am waiting to see my doctor and have him inflate me, I didn't want to pop the pump and then get my ass chewed out for not having the doctor do my first inflation. The only thing I can tell you is to be patient and things will start to fall in order.

I see that Gareth mentioned he had the AMS, jelizondo12 which model did you get?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I have the AMS 700 also

Return to “Implants”