pump hard as a rock

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jelizondo12

pump hard as a rock

Postby jelizondo12 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi guys I have a question for those of you that have been implanted with AMS 700. I was implanted 6/1/15 with a AMS 700 and am now in my third week of recovery. I don't see my uro till 7/1/15 but I have one concern before he shows me how to inflate and deflate my implant. while laying in the tub I started feeling around to get the lay of the land. found the pump and explored the pump. Just out of curiosity I put a little squeeze on the bulb and it felt like I was squeezing a rock. I squeezed a little harder and the bulb would not move at all. The day after my operation 6/2/15 the surgeon came into my room and pumped me up 100% and then deflated me to 50% which is where I am now. I know the pump worked for the surgeon, just wondering if any of you guys have experience this problem and have some advice

ED2013

Re: pump hard as a rock

Postby ED2013 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:18 pm

It's normal. You'll be fine.

Slayer1962

Postby Slayer1962 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:31 pm

I am curious myself on this one I have same implant and have been 5 weeks (no go until 7 weeks with me doctor)
I was messing around there and tried the pump and think you might need two hands

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:51 pm

thanks guys I appreciate your comments

pockie

Postby pockie » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Slayer1962 wrote:I am curious myself on this one I have same implant and have been 5 weeks (no go until 7 weeks with me doctor)
I was messing around there and tried the pump and think you might need two hands

From the comments I've seen on this forum, it's perfectly normal for it to be this way at the beginning.

As you keep pumping, with time the pump will get softer and you'd be able to pump with one hand.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:19 pm

I got my Titan in 2008, and couldn't believe how hard it was to operate. As mentioned above, it turns out that this is common and it will loosen up over time. Not to worry - you're fine.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Neilbb

Postby Neilbb » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:23 pm

I find the pumping hard also on the AMS 700 and I do use two hands to pump the ball. But I got some hand exercise that will bring more strength in my hands and I think that will solve the problem. But where my pump is is over the stitches and that area sensitive also so i when I pump ouch pump ouch. But after the pumping then there sex and it is great
Neil, 70, Palm Springs CA USA, AMS 700CL Implant, Mar. 26, 2015

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:52 pm

I am still having a very hard time with the pump and have not been able to put enough pressure to pump it up. Part of the problem is that its in an area where its hard to get a good grip with my hand instead of just the finger tips. Why doesn't AMS make a device that fits over the pump and has a handle a person can just squeeze like channel lock pliers but configured to fit the pump

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 pm

jelizondo12 wrote:I am still having a very hard time with the pump and have not been able to put enough pressure to pump it up. Part of the problem is that its in an area where its hard to get a good grip with my hand instead of just the finger tips. Why doesn't AMS make a device that fits over the pump and has a handle a person can just squeeze like channel lock pliers but configured to fit the pump

I know the feeling. My incision hasn't quite healed so I am reluctant to try too hard, I managed it but only once. The deflate button seemed to very hard to find and seemed to need a huge amount of pressure by the doc!! Coming up to 6 weeks. Some docs don't even activate until 6 weeks so I figure I've done no harm by waiting.

I think I'll pass on your channel lock design. Handles, grippy things...inside the scrotum,........nestled amongst testicles.....doesn't bear thinking about. :o :lol:

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:36 am

After a while, you can inflate and deflate with only one hand, and even do it through your jeans.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

Return to “Implants”