Post Op Day 11

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tampagay

Post Op Day 11

Postby tampagay » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Except for some minor soreness at the base of the shaft, my pain is gone and has been for several days. Right now it's looking like a tad over five inches. I have an 18cm/7 inch Titan Touch implant that is not currently inflated. Most of my swelling is gone except for a small amount in the scrotum and maybe a bit still in my pubic area above the shaft. I have gained some girth but I can't tell you how much as I never measured it when I was functional. Pre ED I was 6.75 inches. So needless to say I am not pleased with the length but as there isn't much I can do until I start cycling, I reached a decision to not worry about things I can't affect. I doubt I will ever get back to pre-ED length, but who knows? I am sure going to try. I did have a ventral phalloplasty to try to improve the appearance of length, So in a flaccid state I definitely we present better than pre ED. I was always a grower, growing over 3 times my flaccid length. My stitches are to come out on Wednesday.

One question I have concerns the way my penis points straight out from my pelvis. When can I expect it to point at the floor? I can't wear underwear (briefs) yet as it causes pain if I bend it up or if I let it stick out, the briefs jam it back in causing pain. I must say the illusion of waking up with a stiffie is pleasant as I haven't had one in almost 6 years. I can't wear sweat pants or untucked shirts to work. I am starting to be a tad concerned when I return to the office that I am still going to have a tent in my trousers. Any suggestions? Also being celibate sucks.

Also I have been insuring the pump is free to move around in my scrotum, but it's seems to prefer to rest between my testicles and behind them. still trying to get a feel for the release valve. I can feel it but haven't quit found the button. I tried squeezing the pump once a couple of days ago and the thing is like squeezing a marble inside a plastic bag, I was exerting what I thought was a lot of pressure but it wasn't compressing. Not sure what the deal is there. Again your experiences are appreciated.

Lastly, thanks to all of you for being here.

p1s8d2

Re: Post Op Day 11

Postby p1s8d2 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:19 pm

congrats on your surgery and I hope things work out in the long run. i appreciate your mental approach to the length issue. I adamantly advise those on this forum not to measure unless fully pumped and aroused. It makes a huge difference, all puns intended, lol.

As far as the angle, mine points out vs. up and I have had no issues with sex. Once you are cycling and inflating and deflating, you will tailor your ipp to suit you and your underwear. it just takes some getting used to. Talk to your doctor about deflating the unit a bit so you are more presentable wearing what every you want. in fact, my doctor does not inflate at all until 6 weeks post op, no kidding.

My pump sits between my balls and toward the back. This makes it more natural and less noticable. don't worry, you will get used to it.

The pump and release valve have angles that work better than others. for instance, i pump more easily with my left hand vs. my right because of the angle when pumping. Remember that your doctor actually pumped you at the time of surgery, so it works, you just have to get used to it. My doctor again did not allow me to pump until 6 weeks post op. My results have been awesome and I followed his directions to a T.

Good luck. PM me with any questions. P1
40 years old from the East Coast
ED since my 20's and have no idea what caused it
Implanted on 11/19/13 with the AMS 700 LGX via John Hopkins Urology

tampagay

Postby tampagay » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:08 am

Today is two weeks post op.
I figured out the deflate valve yesterday and actually wore briefs for a couple of hours before inflating back to where I was. I am not supposed to cycle either until he OKs it but in spite of what his nurse said, I was inflated. She's quite condescending and has disagreed with me on every issue since meeting her. Example, I was attempting to pay for something not covered by insurance and I made mention of my surgery date. Without looking up from her screen she said "You are not scheduled for the 2nd!" I calmly opened my folder and handed her the sheet with her signature and she got an annoyed look and said she was on the wrong screen. Another time she insisted I had not left a urine specimen on a previous visit. No one asked for one and she was annoyed with me. She's a real charmer but I digress.
I too find inflating and deflating easier with the left hand even though I am severely right handed. The pump sits behind my testicles and floats around I guess I'm getting the hang of it. I've not experienced the pop, more of a I squeeze as hard as I can and the ball slowly deflates and inflates when I release. I've read on here the materials like the pump and cylinders become more flexible with use. Right now inflated I am that railroad spike mentioned in other posts. With the exception of the single deflation so I could go to the pharmacy without presenting I have followed his instructions to the letter, and then some.
I have been on a disinfecting mission through all of this. Periodically I get staph and fungal infections that present themselves as boils (staph) in the armpits the size of a pecan, and jock itch off and on since puberty. Keeping myself trimmed up keeps the moisture at bay and soaked up by my briefs. What can I say Florida's humid. So the week prior to surgery not only did I wash with antibacterial deodorant soap, I followed that with Hibiclens, and then 2% ketoconazole shampoo. Then there was the hospital mandated procedure the night before. Also in the week preceding I did the Bactroban ointment up the nose thing for staph too. They started me on a 10 day round of Bactrim DS 3 days prior to surgery. I have continued the Hibiclens and will keep using it until the stitches are out tomorrow. I haven't even had and serious redness since about day 3. The nurses who change my now not needed bandages have remarked at the rapid progress compared to their other patients. Oh and the tub/shower and toilet get disinfected 3-4 times per week instead of 2. Yes I am a clean freak. I also have not had a cold in 5 years.
I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I don't hear a train. It has been a nearly six year journey where I went 5 years without any intimacy, had my 20 year relationship with my former partner end, and even had me check myself in to the psych ward on a suicide watch due to the nasty depressive episode all of the aforementioned triggered. I have weathered the storm and am in the best frame of mind I have been in in many years. You have the strength to change, you just have to realize you have it. If you're reading this and you have ED, don't wait. Forget about the pills, pumps, and injections. They either don't work at all, work inconsistently, or work for a while and quit. Get an implant. Make yourself whole again.
Last edited by tampagay on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:30 pm

tampagay: The nurse who set up the appointment for my third implant was just as bad. The chair for patients to sit in was directly behind her and she was very abrupt during the entire time. I never did see her face. When I expressed concern about AMS sending the right implant she told me to stop worrying, that everything would be fine. Well, it wasn't. After being prepped and a half-hour or so wondering why I hadn't yet been wheeled into the operating room, a nurse walked in and told me I could go home. When I asked why, she said that AMS had sent the wrong implant. You can imagine my disappointment.

Young folks have all the confidence in the world with the medical profession, but many of we older ones have seen those people make many mistakes and frequently take whatever they say with a grain of salt. This isn't comforting, to say the least.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

saytar

Postby saytar » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:36 am

JerGeezer wrote:tampagay: The nurse who set up the appointment for my third implant was just as bad. The chair for patients to sit in was directly behind her and she was very abrupt during the entire time. I never did see her face. When I expressed concern about AMS sending the right implant she told me to stop worrying, that everything would be fine. Well, it wasn't. After being prepped and a half-hour or so wondering why I hadn't yet been wheeled into the operating room, a nurse walked in and told me I could go home. When I asked why, she said that AMS had sent the wrong implant. You can imagine my disappointment.

Young folks have all the confidence in the world with the medical profession, but many of we older ones have seen those people make many mistakes and frequently take whatever they say with a grain of salt. This isn't comforting, to say the least.

That's called "the arrogance and Invincibility of youth".......I kinda remember thinking I knew more than ....oooohhh them old Farts! Always wondered why they always were giving me an almost imperceptible "smile" when I rambled on. Unfortunately I now know...................................sometimes I wish I didn't, the view from "UP There" sure is more comforting.

Return to “Implants”