jock strap

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jelizondo12

jock strap

Postby jelizondo12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:08 pm

I was just on the AMS website and as their instructions when you go home with your new implant you are suppose to wear loose fitting clothing to prevent penis curvature while healing. My doctor who happens to be a high volume installer of implants told me to bring a jack strap to the hospital so I could wear going home. I assume I was to wear the jock the whole time I was healing. Has anybody else been wearing a jock strap? I would appreciate and help

FlaDon

Re: jock strap

Postby FlaDon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:13 pm

It was never recommended to me to wear a jock strap, but I've read about many doctors who do recommend it. The way I was bandaged post surgery plus the pain at the tip of the penis would have made wearing one impossible. I tried one after a few days of healing to try to conceal the partially pumped erection, but I couldn't stand the pressure it caused. I had to wear very loose clothing until about week 8, when I was able to start wearing briefs again. But your personal experience may be different, so I would follow your doctor's instructions unless you find it more uncomfortable than not wearing one.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:44 pm

jelizondo12 wrote:I was just on the AMS website and as their instructions when you go home with your new implant you are suppose to wear loose fitting clothing to prevent penis curvature while healing. My doctor who happens to be a high volume installer of implants told me to bring a jack strap to the hospital so I could wear going home. I assume I was to wear the jock the whole time I was healing. Has anybody else been wearing a jock strap? I would appreciate and help

Dr Kramer sent me home from hospital with one and advised that or supportive underwear til healed. I found the jock strap good for a week or so then switched to boxer briefs I heard about here on this website which I wore before and after the surgery they are so comfortable. Laying around for 2 weeks and support to keep the swelling down worked for me. Once you get the swelling it is hard to imagine anything being comfortable. Dr Kramer did not leave me inflated so my experience will be different than those that were. Maybe related to the upright positioning post op but maybe not but when I inflate now i stick up like before the implant instead of out straight or down like some I have seen. Your doc will know what has worked for them in the past. Find one you trust with a good reputation and high volume and then follow their directions is the best way. Best of luck.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

p1s8d2

Postby p1s8d2 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:20 pm

i wore boxer briefs with a jock strap over top for several weeks. very comfortable, all things considered.
40 years old from the East Coast
ED since my 20's and have no idea what caused it
Implanted on 11/19/13 with the AMS 700 LGX via John Hopkins Urology

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:25 pm

When I woke up from surgery one of the first things I noticed is that they had put a jock strap on me before I woke up
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

saytar

Postby saytar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm curious about this also..................as I have gone "commando" since my mid twenty's (45 yrs ago) would I need some support? I never used support after my vasectumy and didn't notice any problems with the normal swelling and brusing, but will this be a problem with the implant??

Edit: answered own question. Yes, with hole cut out for penis. The support helps keep swelling and dull ache pain down. Other than that a pain.

Return to “Implants”