4 days after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tampagay

4 days after surgery

Postby tampagay » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Well the pain is gone. I've lost 40% or more in length. My new shrunken penis sticks straight out and is obvious in normal work clothes. Starting to think removal is an option.

pockie

Re: 4 days after surgery

Postby pockie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Could you provide more info - Who did you surgery, and what were your pre surgery and post surgery measurements? Also the type of implant you're using and how much are you inflated.

From the feedback I've gotten on this forum it seems as it takes around 6 months or even more to gain the maximum size that your implant has.

Check on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5504

This person grew almost 2" inches in a time period a few days after the surgery and 6 months later.

Thus, it is too early to get concerned. You should have a realistic idea of what your size will be in about 4 weeks. Your penis currently
is way too bruised and battered.

jelizondo12

blue balls and pain

Postby jelizondo12 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:42 pm

I got my implant 6/1/2015 so expected some swelling and blue balls but my balls are so hard that I can't touch them or my penis. I have been sucking down the pain pills. when will I lose the color and begin enjoying my penis. I have put ice packs every day and use Epsom salt which helps but the pain returns. how many more weeks before I am on the down side.
67 yrs old AMS 700

tampagay

Postby tampagay » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:15 am

Before the prostatectomy in Sept 2009, I was 6.75 inches. I tried all the treatments pills, injections, vacuum devices, etc. My implant is a 18 cm Coloplast Titan Touch. Sometimes I can locate the pump others I can't. The nurse at the doctor's office insists I am not inflated. I'm pretty sure I'm maxed out by how hard the cylinders feel. The doc is keeping me bandaged up with daily changes by home health nurses for the first 12 days, so other than during my morning shower I don't have a lot of access. Two to three times a day I take 800 mg of ibuprofen but that is more for the degenerative joint disease in my neck than what's going on with my penis. The periumbilical hernia surgery I had a couple of months ago hurt MUCH more than this. I also had a ventral phalloplasty performed at the same time as the implant. I think what disturbs me the most is the skin is bunched up behind my glans making it look like I have a botched circumcision. The practice and surgeon I went to perform some 300 implant operations per year. My surgeon is often speaking at conferences, has authored numerous papers, etc and is supposed to be one of the best. Just a few weeks ago he was in the Middle East where he did six implants while he was there. So I don't feel anything was done incorrectly, and perhaps this I have to wait for that ugly duckling to become a swan. Today is the first day I am allowed to drive so perhaps yesterday was just cabin fever. One thing to note is while I think all men obsess about size to some extent, in the gay world it's much more pronounced. I was never particularly well endowed to begin with and the thought of a four inch erect penis is disturbing. Yes I am fully capable of rationalizing the situation, but I am after all a human. Maybe it's just after nearly 6 years of total ED my patience has reached its limit and I just want this to be over.

pockie

Postby pockie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:21 pm

I think the best bet would be to talk with your surgeon about this.

You said that they stated that you're not inflated, so there should be a substantial difference once you're fully inflated.

From what I've read and seen on this forum, if your surgeon sized you correctly you should be as big as your flaccid stretched size (length-wise, girth should be bigger).
You're only a few days post-op and not inflated, so it's too early to jump to conclusions. Give it a few weeks at least.

As far as not being able to reach the pump - you need to talk to your surgeon about this as well. Usually, you have to pull on the pump for a certain period of time as instructed
by your surgeon, until it gets to the sweet spot where you'll be able to reach it every time. Your surgeon should tell you when you should start the pulling "exercises" and how often to do them.

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Your still WAY to swollen to try to even predict size at this point. I just got implanted on May 20 so I'm almost three weeks post-op and my penis is way bigger now than it was after surgery cause I was VERY swollen. Also the Titan implant does not have the ability to expand in length like the AMS implants, so if you have a Titan you will be known as a shower and prolly why you believe you maybe inflated when you're not. I don't believe one implant to be better than the other, the Titan has some good features but from what I gathered from others with the Titan tend to never feel natural and will always show.

jerseyhulk

Re: blue balls and pain

Postby jerseyhulk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:58 pm

jelizondo12 wrote:I got my implant 6/1/2015 so expected some swelling and blue balls but my balls are so hard that I can't touch them or my penis. I have been sucking down the pain pills. when will I lose the color and begin enjoying my penis. I have put ice packs every day and use Epsom salt which helps but the pain returns. how many more weeks before I am on the down side.
67 yrs old AMS 700

Give it around 2 weeks for the swelling to go away, you should notice a big difference in about a week and a half though. I'm at about three weeks and still feel like I have some swelling in my scrotum but I have no pain. Some people say it could take months for the body to completely adjust. It's better than having a limp penis in my opinion, just hang in there my friend. Take care and God bless!

tampagay

Postby tampagay » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:24 pm

So today is one week. I haven't taken a narcotic painkiller since the end of the second day. The bruises are pretty much gone but there is still swelling, especially on the shaft and the pubic region just above the shaft. I finally detected the deflate valve/ button and unintentionally pressed it. Nothing happened so I am in fact at this point not inflated.

Most of the day I am bandaged up and I am working from home until the stitches are out. But when I have looked at myself after my morning shower I can tell a lot of the length appearance is affected by the pubic swelling. Reality is things are as they are and I am adjusting my mindset to accept them.

One unexpected benefit. I found achieving an orgasm with a totally limp penis to be a challenge. Just examining myself this morning I had sensations I haven't felt in years. My boyfriend and I are counting the days.

Another thing is I have had a friend staying with me for company the last two days and that has been a big help. I think that doing this alone had some unanticipated challenges like cabin fever.

Still trying to figure out the pulling on the pump thing. I am pulling pretty darn hard and while it is centered left/right between the testicles (didn't the plural used to be testes?) it is more toward my back and slightly higher than the testicles. I'm not sure if I am trying to pull some tubing through to drop the pump or just make sure it doesn't take a set in a less than optimal position. I guess I'll call the doc tomorrow.

Return to “Implants”