fathering children

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Funny9097

fathering children

Postby Funny9097 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi all -

I'm considering having a penile implant and this is my second thread. I thought it would be good to devote a thread to this question. I am a 29 year old and don't have kids yet but would like to.

I read on some surgeons websites that 'it's possible to father children with a penile implant'.

Are there any studies on whether an implant impacts one's fertiility? Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) in terms of their efforts in having kids with an implant? I realize that most people who get implants are older so the sample size might be smaller here..

Thanks so much,

dg_moore

Re: fathering children

Postby dg_moore » Fri May 29, 2015 7:20 pm

I can't imagine why having an implant would impair your ability to father children. If your prostate is intact and sperm production is normal, the implant will enable you to deliver your sperm to where they need to be.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

pockie

Postby pockie » Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 pm

It should have absolutely no effect on your fertility.

The pump doesn't interfere or play or a role here, the pump just gets your penis in an erect state.

I also asked a reputable implant surgeon the same thing, and he confirmed that the pump does not
affect your ability to father children.

Funny9097

Postby Funny9097 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:05 am

Thanks for the responses - I'm still a little concerned - would be good to hear from people's experiences, both good and or bad, about working towards a family/long term relationship with a prosthesis. It's a little concerning to me, heh.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:53 am

Implant wont change your fertility just make sure semen goes where it needs to go by enabling vaginal penetration.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Funny9097

Postby Funny9097 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:06 am

it would be great to just get some first hand feedback from people who were single at time of implant and young enough to then go through process of dating and (potentially) seeking a long term relationship and raising a family.

Success stories? Failures? Etc

billb603 wrote:Implant wont change your fertility just make sure semen goes where it needs to go by enabling vaginal penetration.

avlis26

Postby avlis26 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:46 am

Hey Funny,

I'm also a young guy, 31, and suffered with ED for my entire life.. I had venous leakage, so I could have erections but could not keep it for very long.
I had my implant surgery 2 months ago and my doctor assured me I'll be able to father a child.

We just don't see it very often because the majority of implant recipients are beyond the usual age of procreation. Obviously it's possible to father a child at very advanced years, but few men choose to do so.

Funny9097

Postby Funny9097 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:19 am

Hi avlis26,

Thanks for the response. It's reassuring that the docs say that. Seems that several young members have had implants in the last few months. Maybe the success stories of people our age who did it in the past are now at home doing regular stuff ! Still, Would love to hear from some on their stories and any pors/cons.

Ugh, I wish people would chime in with some success stories - I want to hear them so bad that I almost want to create a fake account and make them up, lol.. Heh

avlis26 wrote:
I had my implant surgery 2 months ago and my doctor assured me I'll be able to father a child.

Return to “Implants”