About to become bionic

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
avlis26

Re: About to become bionic

Postby avlis26 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks man!!

Not an easy task, but trying the best I can do!!

Today I walked for 30 minutes... Obviously I'm still walking very slowly, but happy I could do it!!

avlis26

Postby avlis26 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi guys,

I'm one week out from my surgery.. Things advanced really fast in the first 4-5 days, but I've not seen much advancement in the last 2-3 days.
I'm walking like a chimp (if you know what I mean). Left side of scrotum, where tube goes from pump to implant, is quite sore. Body not used to that tube yet. Balls are swollen. Not intense pain but discomfort.

So, I have two questions for you..

1.) When did you guys started walking without discomfort?

2.) I'm not wearing a jock strap since day 3.. (I thought it was way too tight and stopped using it)
Would it help if I start using it again? (i'm most of the time laying down on my bed and wearing nothing)
when I do go out for a walk I'm wearing a regular underwear which is a bit uncomfortable with a partial erection.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:08 am

Hey Avlis,

I'm exactly one week ahead of you on the recovery time, and I assure you, it does get easier. It was only yesterday, my two week anniversary, that I could move the pump around without a lot of pain. I still can't wear normal underwear, though, I think I'm feeling pain at when the cylinder folds at the base of the penis. So letting it just do what it wants seems better for me. Although I was deflated one week ago, I am still pointing straight out, so wearing clothes has been a challenge.....lots of very loose pants and long oversize shirts to cover the bulge.

As far as the swelling....apparently some of us (maybe all....I don't know) form fluid sacs in the scrotum around the pump and testicles. When I went in for my check-up last week, the PA held the fluid sac in between his palms and compressed the fluid out. It hurt, but felt better afterward. He told me if I noticed the swelling coming back, to do it again myself. He also okayed me to soak in a hot tub bath with epsom salts at the 10 day mark. Over the past few days, this has been a great help. It really does help the pain and the swelling, and makes it a lot easier to feel around down there to identify all the new "anatomy".

Also, at this point, walking is not a problem for me. I definitely did the 'chimp-walk' for at least the first week, so I know what you mean. It does seem to get better every day. Just give it a few more days, you'll be feeling a lot better!
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

stanri

I am bionic

Postby stanri » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:37 am

To all that plan to become bionic or just recently had it done.......I'm 80 years old. Had my surgery in January 19th. Yes...there was pain and a lot of discomfort and swelling. The doctor sent me home after over night in the hospital partly inflated.By the end of the 1st week home I started to wonder "what in the hell did I do this for." But after about 2 weeks I could start to feel the "equipment". As time went on I could feel a lot of improvement, and a lot less pain.

Went back to see him the 1st week in march for a half hour lesson in how to pump it up and deflate it. Had no trouble getting it up, but at 1st could not deflate it. Spent 24hours with a hard erection :( Not really as much fun as one might expect. Finally figured it out. Now its up and/or down when I want it.

Two days after getting the OK from the doctor I went to Florida for vacation. The new equipment worked better than expected. My doctor had said you can't wear it out and he was right.

Bottom line to all this.....don't be afraid to have the implant, you will have pain but it does get better. Men can have the operation at a young age as well as old. Trust me....I know. In my case I only wish I had had it done years ago,
age 80. Prostate removed (cancer) 20 years ago. ED resulted. 19+ years did nothing. Tried pills, vacuum pump (HATED IT), injections worked sometimes, but not dependable. Presently have a inflatable, worked the 1st year. Not working for me now.

pockie

Postby pockie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:31 pm

28 year old guy here also considering an implant. Was there a difference in length and girth after you got implanted?

stanri

Postby stanri » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:10 pm

pockie wrote:28 year old guy here also considering an implant. Was there a difference in length and girth after you got implanted?

girth about the same. Length, lost a bit, didn't have much to start with. But the one thing I tell everyone....I now have a working penis. after 20 years of ED I now can now have some fun. That to me is more important that loosing length. Its now what you have, its how you use it.
age 80. Prostate removed (cancer) 20 years ago. ED resulted. 19+ years did nothing. Tried pills, vacuum pump (HATED IT), injections worked sometimes, but not dependable. Presently have a inflatable, worked the 1st year. Not working for me now.

pockie

Postby pockie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm

stanri wrote:
pockie wrote:28 year old guy here also considering an implant. Was there a difference in length and girth after you got implanted?

girth about the same. Length, lost a bit, didn't have much to start with. But the one thing I tell everyone....I now have a working penis. after 20 years of ED I now can now have some fun. That to me is more important that loosing length. Its now what you have, its how you use it.

You're right about that. I'm sure a slightly shorter rock-hard dick is way better than a limp one.

What kind of loss are talking about ? 0.5 inches?

stanri

Postby stanri » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:27 pm

pockie wrote:
stanri wrote:

You're right about that. I'm sure a slightly shorter rock-hard dick is way better than a limp one.

What kind of loss are talking about ? 0.5 inches?

Can't exactly say how much of loss there is. I had ED for 20 years. So much time has passed I don't remember exactly what it was, but yes it was longer. But the advantages of the implant are far better than a limp dick

avlis26

Postby avlis26 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:13 pm

stanri, 80 years old? wow!! congratulations!! Definetely there's no age for an implant!

Thanks FlaDon and Stanri for your words!!

10 days out - Progress has been slow.. I did noticed the swelling has gone down a bit!!
But I'm still walking like a cowboy with my legs slightly spread apart to keep from squishing it all.

I thought I would go back to work tomorrow (it's only sitting job),but I'll postpone that until I'm able to walk without discomfort.

In regards to my size - I only have a partial erection so it's hard to tell..
just have to get through this time period, but I'd also be ok with a slightly shorter dick.
Actually I'm preoccupied with just having a working penis again.

stanri

Postby stanri » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:25 pm

avlis26 wrote:stanri, 80 years old? wow!! congratulations!! Definetely there's no age for an implant!

Thanks FlaDon and Stanri for your words!!

10 days out - Progress has been slow.. I did noticed the swelling has gone down a bit!!
But I'm still walking like a cowboy with my legs slightly spread apart to keep from squishing it all.

I thought I would go back to work tomorrow (it's only sitting job),but I'll postpone that until I'm able to walk without discomfort.

In regards to my size - I only have a partial erection so it's hard to tell..
just have to get through this time period, but I'd also be ok with a slightly shorter dick.
Actually I'm preoccupied with just having a working penis again.

Don't laugh...too much. When I was able to pump it up in the beginning, I would pump it to the max. And just sit there admiring it. After 20 years of ED it was for me a wondrous sight to see. And after the first time I used it. . . . there were a few tears of joy.

Return to “Implants”