Cannot inflate for some reason

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JamesG

Cannot inflate for some reason

Postby JamesG » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 am

Guys,'
Need some advice please. Implanted late October, 2014. Generally has been miraculous, a godsend. However, this is the second time I am not able to pump and generate an erection. The first time I had this lasted a few days and then all was fine. I cant ascertain what is going on. I know the tubes are pressurized as I can feel them slightly rigid on each side like it always feels when all is normal. The pump bulb seems a bit easier to compress but it seems when I compress it, the bulb stays in the compressed state for a few seconds - don't recall this happening normally. So, I pump as usual and I get no inflation. I almost always felt the bulb "pop" when normal but I definitely do not get any pop now. Almost like I have lost the prime. I tried to cycle through the deflate button once or twice to no avail. I'd rather try to solve this on my own than return to the doctor. (I've been back twice for more lessons on deflating. Got that down pat now when the doctor said the lift the assembly up so it orients with the tubing. Who knew? Not me.)
Anyway, I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has been through this or just knows what to do.

Thanks!!!

PCHelp76180

Re: Cannot inflate for some reason

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:12 am

JamesG wrote:Guys,'
Need some advice please. Implanted late October, 2014. Generally has been miraculous, a godsend. However, this is the second time I am not able to pump and generate an erection. The first time I had this lasted a few days and then all was fine. I cant ascertain what is going on. I know the tubes are pressurized as I can feel them slightly rigid on each side like it always feels when all is normal. The pump bulb seems a bit easier to compress but it seems when I compress it, the bulb stays in the compressed state for a few seconds - don't recall this happening normally. So, I pump as usual and I get no inflation. I almost always felt the bulb "pop" when normal but I definitely do not get any pop now. Almost like I have lost the prime. I tried to cycle through the deflate button once or twice to no avail. I'd rather try to solve this on my own than return to the doctor. (I've been back twice for more lessons on deflating. Got that down pat now when the doctor said the lift the assembly up so it orients with the tubing. Who knew? Not me.)
Anyway, I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has been through this or just knows what to do.

Thanks!!!

JamesG, what type of implant do you have? When you deflate are you squeezing the penis to help push the fluid back?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

JamesG

Postby JamesG » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:15 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote:

Thanks!!!

JamesG, what type of implant do you have? When you deflate are you squeezing the penis to help push the fluid back?

I have the AMS LGX 700. I do squeeze the penis to push the fluid back. I am not having an issue with deflation, certainly not now as I can't get it inflated. My issue is with inflation. Pumping the bulb is not pushing fluid into the penile tubes, for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

spotya

Postby spotya » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am

JamesG, call ams.
55 years old, ED for 10 years from diabetes. tried pills, injections, and pumps.
Implanted by Dr. Douglas Miliam on June 5th 2014 Thank God, should have done
it sooner.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:29 pm

JamesG wrote:
PCHelp76180 wrote:

Thanks!!!

I have the AMS LGX 700. I do squeeze the penis to push the fluid back. I am not having an issue with deflation, certainly not now as I can't get it inflated. My issue is with inflation. Pumping the bulb is not pushing fluid into the penile tubes, for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

Understood JamesG, I was just thinking of another thread where there was an inflation issue and pushing the fluid back "resets' the pump.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

rentguy

Postby rentguy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Take a look at the instruction booklet attached to this url below.You may have accidently pushed the inflate button while squeezing the pump.See page 10 for trouble shooting.

http://www.amselabeling.com/assets/file ... MSP_en.pdf
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

Geezer6

Postby Geezer6 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:39 am

I had a similar problem with my AMS 700. I found an answer that worked for me at the bottom of page 32 of the AMS instructions http://www.amselabeling.com/assets/file ... MSP_en.pdf.

Be careful NOT to hold the block while attempting to inflate so that the deflate button is being depressed. If you do you will get exactly what is happening to you. The bulb will depress and not refill. Generally this can be remedied by firmly pressing the deflate button. If that does not work try pressing the ends of the block for at least 4 to six seconds. That should reset the mechanism.

When you want to inflate the hard, quick first squeeze is necessary to cycle the valve to allow flow from the reservoir into the cylinders. You will feel the "pop" sensation as the valve functions.

Give it a try.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks!!!

Any luck JamesG ?

nuguy2

Postby nuguy2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:12 am

I had the same problem with AMS implant at about 3 months post surgery. I believe it does have to do with totally deflating so that valve is reset. I noticed when I was having problem that it would seem to partially auto inflate at times. Once I started holding the deflate button down 10 secs and then squeezing penis as well as pressing on tubes at base of penis to totally deflate, the problem went away. I never have problem now.

Return to “Implants”