Need some advice brothers...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NickNickNick

Need some advice brothers...

Postby NickNickNick » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 am

Brothers, I'm having my surgery in a few weeks via infrapubic approach (above the penis) which is less painful and heals quicker than the scrotal approach (under the penis). My doctor (Karpman) is going to leave me pumped up to about 50% for one week until my post op appointment.

So here's the problem... My girlfriend's uncle is a very famous celebrity who is having his birthday 4 days after my surgery in New York and he has just invited me to go (all expenses included). I know it's right after surgery but i would really like to go as I've never been to New York and a bunch of other celebrities are gonna be there. It sounds super fun. I'm not planning on drinking or dancing or walking much. Gonna bring my meds along and keep it low key that night.

I'm wondering, for those of you who have had theirs done infrapubic how was the pain around the 4 day mark? And for those of you who were pumped up to about 50% how noticeable was your erection when you were wearing clothes? What is the best type of clothing to wear to conceal the bulge?

Thanks guys
Nick
AMS 700 LGX. Edward Karpman, California. 02/2015

Greywolf

Re: Need some advice brothers...

Postby Greywolf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Nick,

I just had my 6 week post-op visit yesterday so my memories are still fresh. I didn't have the infrapubic approach so I can't speak to that. But the incision location, to me, is the least of the problems. You will still have had your body roughly invaded in several directions, and you will probably feel pretty sore at day 4. Every man is different though, so hopefully other men will chime in too.

As for the 50% semi, you will be able to bend it sideways or up, I went sideways, and I wore very tight jockey shorts (not the looser fitting cotton ones) to hold it there. Seemed to work. I did that not so much for appearance sake, but because the tip was very sore from the needles they put through there to pull the tubes all the way up. So for me the tip rubbing against anything was pretty darn uncomfortable. The semi is important to minimize shrinkage, and tho its a pain you'll appreciate it later.

My scrotum was quite sore at that point, with the pump feeling like a golf ball every time I sat down, got up or bent over. Still does tho to a lesser degree. I would suggest loose fitting pants and avoid jeans as mine, at least, seem pretty tight. I still don't wear them but living in Tucson its shorts year round for me.

You should be OK to travel, but carting luggage around would be a problem. You have lots of internal destruction that will need time to heal. You don't want to mess things up down there.

My last thought is that you might want to consider postponing the surgery. Good luck my friend.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:35 pm

I agree with Greywolf. 4 days is not long to recover from pretty significant surgical trauma. There's a chance you could pull this off, but I'd bet the odds are against it. As GW says, there's a lot more than the incision involved. I know that at 4 days I was able to walk short distances, but I couldn't drive, and sitting on a cross country flight would have been impossible. Looking back, I know that I would never have been able to do what you're proposing. But everybody's different, and the decision is yours: good luck!
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:14 pm

I was implanted by Dr Karpman. I think you can do it. The issue will be concealment. If you can get away with it, wear a loose tracksuit.

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:12 pm

I had a revision surgery on my implant Feb 9th... Feb 12th I was on a plane to Holland (an 11 hour flight). All I can say is UGH, what a nightmare!
The walk from the check-in counter to the gate seemed like MILES! I wanted to ditch my carry on luggage half way, just to be rid of having to lug the thing along behind me.
And sitting in those cramped seats... penis, bandages and pants all pressed together... I was popping Demerol like candy!

I can also tell you my surgeon was NOT amused in the least!!! What should have been an out patient surgery, he insisted I remain overnight. I was pumped full of IV antibiotics because having everything wrapped up with no real way to change the dressing (I mean really, you can barely stand in those airplane to take a leak, let alone change bandages) on the flight was more than he was willing to risk infection wise.

And once I got to Holland, I laid on the sofa and watched tv for a week because I was too sore to move!

Talk to your surgeon and see what he has to say about it. At best, you'll be one of the lucky ones who has minimal pain. At worst, you're popping pain meds on the flight and spend the weekend in the hotel room ordering room service and ice packs on someone else's dime.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Dr. Karpman did my surgery which went very well. I drove home the day after surgery but promptly went to be for several days. On the sixth day post surgery I made an appearance at work for about an hour, wearing briefs and a long shirt, and that was about enough. On day ten I flew across the country and I did ti but it was not fun. I think your plan is pretty ambitious.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

truckee48

Postby truckee48 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:28 am

I had the infrapubic as you plan to. I'd say reschedule the Surgery if the trip is that important, you should allow yourself to enjoy it. The sitting is Bad enough at that point but being cramped will be miserable ! You won't even be able to fake having a good time!

truckee48

Postby truckee48 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:52 pm

So Nick, what's your decision ? Sure would like to hear that you enjoyed your once in a lifetime opportunity!

NickNickNick

Postby NickNickNick » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'm going to cancel out on the party as I've suffered with ED for way too long. New York will always be there.
AMS 700 LGX. Edward Karpman, California. 02/2015

spotya

Postby spotya » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Dear Nick,
I had mine done that way and was back to work in a little over a week, I work construction. I told everyone I had hernia surgery.
Point your boner up, wear briefs and a jockstrap over them. I had very little swelling and bruising. Only took pain meds for one day, then OTC meds . I say go have a good time but be careful
55 years old, ED for 10 years from diabetes. tried pills, injections, and pumps.
Implanted by Dr. Douglas Miliam on June 5th 2014 Thank God, should have done
it sooner.

Return to “Implants”