One of those ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tukusmax

One of those ?

Postby tukusmax » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Ok guys, here’s another one of THOSE questions, you know, the ones that I haven’t seen anywhere but I hope someone will be wise to answer. As it seems that almost everyone that has had implants, has had an issue with locating, pumping and releasing the bulb in your scrotum. Has anyone had one of their testicles removed during surgery, to make room for the pump?
I’m 63 years old; my wife had her tubes tied 35 years ago so I don’t have a need to produce sperm. My right one seem to always ache a little and when the jeans ride up, the right one is the one that gets it, we’re talking 12-15 times a day. Needless to say I don’t think I’d miss it. I would think the recovery time would be about equal to the implant. If this is an old story please point me to it, I would sure like a bit of input before my Dr’s appointment, in a couple of weeks.
Thanks Guys,
Ron

knotreel

Re: One of those ?

Postby knotreel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:01 am

Ron, as one Ron to another, I had excatly the same feeling about room, drs told me it wasn't a concern so i trusted them. I thought my scrotum was small and I was getting two pumps and a whole lot of tubes but they were right. I was ready to sacrifice one of the boys but I still got them and the pumps are comfortable. Both of my pumps seemed to be in what I thought was a perfect place, one one each side and the bottom of the pumps are at the bottom of my scrotum and required no pulling them dowm on my part. Two testicals or no, you won't be able to find anything for the first week, maybe two, until the sweeling goes down and after about a month the scrotum walls thin back out and the pumps are very visable and accessable. Although things are swollen that part is, or was in my case, not that uncomfortable. The most uncomfort I got was aching at my penis base and aching in the general area after standing too long in the first week. I was faced with some special considerations as my normal urinary control proceedures did not work very well until I got my Artificial Urinary Sphincter activated ( second pump). Still, that was just an inconvience and it was a lot better than have two operations, I think. I am still in the "break-in" period after activation so I can't give any long term reports but I can say that the whole setup is comfortable and feels like part of me now.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

tukusmax

Postby tukusmax » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks Ron, that's a real encouragement!

ariadne

Postby ariadne » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Please, my friend, do not remove a testicle.

1. There is no need to make room for the implant pump and release valve. I have the AMS700CLX. It's operating beautifully, and there is plenty of room for two testicles and the pump/release valve. Paul plans to publish my photo journal of my implant procedure. In this journal is a good picture of my scrotum showing the outlines of two testicles and the pump. I wish the photo were available to you now.

2. Wouldn't it be wise to look into the cause of the pain in your scrotum with your doctor? Removing the testicle may, in fact, not remove the pain which could originate elsewhere.

3. The release valve is located in the same housing as the bulb pump. Mine is a button protruding from a small rectangular shape at the base of the pump. Press with your right thumb on the button and squeeze the penis firmly until all the saline solution has been returned to the reservoir. I received a dummy version of the pump/release valve to practice on while I recovered from the operation.

4. Personal opinion: All of our man parts are beautiful and should remain as original equipment. I have a vasectomy which pretty well does away with the usefullness of my epididymis. Still, I would not think of removing my testicles except for medical reasons.

I wish you well and will be helpful to you any way I can. Hankthedoe

Dave48003

Re: One of those ? - The exception

Postby Dave48003 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 pm

There's always this one guy, right? I guess I'm it! 5 weeks ago today was my implant. Saw the doc last night, he still can't find the bulb or the button on the pump, the swelling on my left side is making that impossible. So, I get to see him in 3 more weeks. In the mean time, if I can find it, I can pump it! I updated my story with pics last night. But, the reason I replied - I was thinking the same thing! On top of that, my testicles are so small because I have been on Androgel for several years, they really aren't doing anything, even cosmetically at this point, I can barely find them. Although the doc found one last night and brought me to a sitting position real fast. :cry:
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Implants”