How long have you had your implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Deep Threat

Re: How long have you had your implant?

Postby Deep Threat » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:06 pm

On average how many times do you guys engage in sex? Like twice a night everyday? Or here and there.. Reason I'm asking is I'm paying out of pocket and heard the more you use the quicker it will breakdown.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:32 pm

There are no restrictions as far as how often you use it. Use it as often as you like. I payed out of pocket too.

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Let's not kid ourselves - this is a mechanical contraption. The more it's used, the quicker it will reach the end of it's expected life. With insurance, replacing it is not that big of a deal.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:22 pm

JerGeezer wrote:Let's not kid ourselves - this is a mechanical contraption. The more it's used, the quicker it will reach the end of it's expected life. With insurance, replacing it is not that big of a deal.

On the other hand, if you never use it, it should last forever. That's turned out to be my strategy.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:28 pm

dg_moore wrote:On the other hand, if you never use it, it should last forever. That's turned out to be my strategy.

Mine lately, too. We're sad.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

Deep Threat

Postby Deep Threat » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:04 pm

I talked to manulife ( thru work ) about covering the device and they said it wasn't. Is there anyway I can enrol on my own somewhere and get coverage? I'm up in Canada and spending $20 grand will really make life stressful.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:25 pm

JerGeezer wrote:
dg_moore wrote:On the other hand, if you never use it, it should last forever. That's turned out to be my strategy.

Mine lately, too. We're sad.

I've literally never used mine. I had a stroke, and by the time I had healed from the surgery my libido was gone. My wife had also lost interest during the ED struggle and after menopause. We tried it once for old time's sake, but after a few seconds she asked me to stop - not due to discomfort or anything, but she just didn't want to be doing it and, truth to tell, neither did I. Life goes on - turns out you can live without sex.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”