Consultation-->Implant-->Use

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Purrboat

Re: Consultation-->Implant-->Use

Postby Purrboat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:49 am

Some of course not all of those girls actually have a heart. For money of course. Even if you didn't have intercourse but maybe made a hot female friend may not be the worst thing in the world at 71. I firmly believe that life is suffering and death is the release from it so if things get to bad or the suffering too extreme I am ready for an exit strategy. In the the meantime it balls to the wall so to speak:-) I hope I at least made you smile Dave:-)

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Purrboat wrote:Well Dave the choice is yours of course but at 71 who know maybe your wife might support the idea unless you guys are the religious type. In either case I wish there was more I could do to help. My girlfriend is 29 and that was a big part of my reasoning for my decision. Plus I have put so many chemicals in my body over the years I hated taking the pills that left me with a crippling migraine not to mention cancer. The shots have their own drawbacks. I hope you find sex again. Just try to think of the Crosby Stills and Nash song from the 60's: " Love The One Your With".
It was just a thought no disrespect intended:-)

No worries - thanks for your good wishes. I'm well aware that lots of people my age are still having sex, but according the most recent Kinsey survey there are even more who are not. As I said, my libido is gone due to a stroke and it's not coming back. But I can still advocate for getting an implant when you need one, and not dither around and waste a good five years before getting one like I did.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Curious Dave do you still pump it up to see if it is functioning? In 2008 when you had it done did you still want to have sex at that time? It's a hell of a lot of pain to only almost use it once:-/ all the best and just enjoy life. This seems our best gift anyway. For now. If I get sick I will change my opinion real quick!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

I inflate it every couple of weeks. My libido was dying fast before the surgery, but not completely. But by the time I was healed it was gone altogether, and my wife had already lost interest. C'est la vie.

Good luck with your surgery - hope everything goes well.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:46 pm

7 days in the books. Still hard to pee but burning is less, resevour pain almost gone, penis swelling almost gone but the pump area still extremely sensitive. All normal I guess. Has anyone had his Dr anchor with stitches the pump to the scrotum? Dr Reed did so I don't have to yank it down everyday for a month. For this I am grateful but was wondering if there is a downside to having it anchored? Thanks all. Thanks Dave for dealing with all us newbies:-)

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello HH: Fortunately my impotence problems cropped up much later in my life than yours, but I experienced the same frustrations that you described and went through the same drills. Like you, I had a very patient and understanding wife. I had my implant done last May by Dr. Douglas Milam at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a top notch nationally recognized urology facility. I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my implant and would highly recommend Dr. Milam to anyone considering this procedure. He has patients from all over the world.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:03 am

Hammer it's 8 days post op in the books. So far only one Tramodol and it's almost midnight. Driving is for very short distances. Peeing has improved, pain in the stomach almost gone, penis is 90% less swollen but still very minor pain. The big issue is the saline cannonball in the balls! Still very hard to walk without pain. To touch the pump sends a shockwave of pain through the whole body! I didn't say squeeze I said touch/feel. The thought of having the stitches taken out in 10 days and have Dr Reed inflate and cycle is nothing short of terrifying. I am use to pain. My whole life has been pain. 5 years in prison pain but this pain is another animal. Just don't want you to underestimate the seriousness of this surgery. It fucking hurts and hurts a lot. If I knew how bad and I was expecting bad, not listening the these stories of miracle recovery and fucking away at 4 weeks I may not have went through with it. Too late now lol. I just hope this week I can report that the pain in the balls has significantly decreased. This seems the worst part of the surgery. Just think , butcher knife to the balls, insert cannonball and sew it back up. This is basically what happens!!! The Coloplast pump seems hard as a cannonball and seems like it would be a challenge to inflate. Now I understand why guys use both hands:-) best of luck and I will keep you updated. On a brighter note there was no bleeding, penis looks perfect, sensation is there and the stitches look good. If I just didn't have to deal with the cannonball.:-/

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:10 am

Dave can you feel at the base of your penis the two inlets where the saline enters the cylinders? I can feel them on both sides and wonder if you are deep in a vagina if she would feel them also? It's not a huge protrusion but you definitely feel them on each side. Is that standard? I only have 18cm and wondered if this may be the reason?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:16 am

Purrboat wrote:Dave can you feel at the base of your penis the two inlets where the saline enters the cylinders? I can feel them on both sides and wonder if you are deep in a vagina if she would feel them also? It's not a huge protrusion but you definitely feel them on each side. Is that standard? I only have 18cm and wondered if this may be the reason?

I can feel a bit of the tubing on the right where it leads from the pump to the reservoir fairly easily, and if I dig deep enough I can also feel a bit of the tubing on the left. I doubt if it could be felt by the woman, but I don't have any firsthand experience with that so I couldn't say. Even if the woman could feel it I wouldn't think it would make any difference.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks Dave. I figured in soft mode it would be more pronounced than in the hard mode. I wouldn't think in hard mode it would barely be noticed. Just getting use to the equipment. Balls are still really sore day 9. My shower today was 5% less agonizing than yesterday so I guess I am on the right track.

Return to “Implants”