Activation day

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
knotreel

Activation day

Postby knotreel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Today i as "activated". Really, I was just told to pump myself up and then deflate to demonstrate that I could work it. and the PA went over the usual instructions about daily pump ups ect. Over the last 3 weeks or so I guess I sort of activated myself but only occasionally. I consider it to be still too painful to enjoy intercourse but hopefully it will "break in" in a few more weeks after I am able to do the hour long inflates that were recomended. When I fully inflate I notice that not only does the glans get a little uncomfortable but the base of the penis where the rear extension tips are inserted hurts a little also. I am very happy with my 700 LGX as my doctor seems to have got the pefect size for me. It looks like I am about 1/2" shorter than i was before the RRP and if the thing expands like it is susposed to then I will back to to my natural size. Even if it ends up 1/2" short, hey, I am still happy, a whole lot better than 0".
As was predicted, the pump and cylinders are comfortable and I don't even notice the tubing and pump anymore. I started off telling myself that I would not pump it up till official activation but after 3-4 weeks, when the new equipment gets comfortable, it was impossible for me not to get it a few inflations. What a nice feeling to see the penis grow then get hard.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

antelope

Re: Activation day

Postby antelope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 am

Good for you, Ron!

I'm so delighted you have reached this important milestone. Regarding the lingering pain, I believe others have said that it does go away with use. Apparently, this is a case where practice does indeed make perfect! Woohoo!

Greg

P.S. We need to lunch again soon.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah Greg, that's what I am counting on. Really, it doen't hurt that bad, but enought. I am starting my daily inflate and will work towards the recomended hour at full attention. Don't really have that much free time to waste an hour, but evenings watching tv will seem a little weird now.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Ron,
How excited you must be. Life sounds like it’s almost back to normal for you. We’re jumping for joy here in the cheerleader section. Excellent news!

Dave

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Dave, actually I am in my new version of "normal", you really can't say I am normal when I have a hand operated hydraulic urinary sphincter and pump up penis. But, I like the new normal and glad these devices are available if we need them. Sometimes when I and busy and go to take a quick pee, i forget that I can't pee until I open the cuff around my urethra and it's ,I am trying to pee and nothing is coming out, opps, I forgot how I work . However, when I go to use the IPP, I doubt that I will be looking at it and wondering why I don't have and erection. For anybody considering the IPP, you will be amazed how little you notice all the tubing and pump.

franglais

Postby franglais » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:56 pm

WooHoo Ron Sick up! What great news. I am so excited for you. Thanks for the post. I almost called you today to see if you had your introduction to the new hard Ron!.

Talk to you soon buddy.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

dlb1253

Postby dlb1253 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 am

Hey Guys, I just started to inflate my asm700 yesterday. I'm still pretty sore (4weeks post op. My concern is I can't find the deflate button easily. I'm afraid I will be stuck with an erection all day. The woman might like it but it would be a little awkward at work.lol. Any suggestions.

dlb1253

Postby dlb1253 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks Scott I appreciate it. I don't know whats normal and whats not. I'm sure It will get easier in the near future.

dlb1253

Postby dlb1253 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

Hey Guys, I pumped up for the first time last night. I activated the pump with a hard squeeze. I heard a pop and I knew it was activated. It was very hard to squeeze the bulb. I take it it will get more pliable with use. (I hope) I pumped it up about 5-7 times. It was very difficult to squeeze. I became erect but not very big. I continued to try and pump with difficulty. I would assume it takes a lot of practice. I had a small erection for about an hour. I found the button to deflate, I pushed it for a 5 seconds I heard a hissing sound. I assume that means It is deflating. I now have a partial erection I can't get rid of. I squeezed the sides of my penis a number of times to no avail. I hope it will eventually go flacid in time. It is still very sore after 6 weeks post op. It takes a lot of hard pressure to squeeze the bulb. Please tell me this is all normal. Thanks.

Return to “Implants”