3 days post op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Thailand

3 days post op

Postby Thailand » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:52 pm

I am 3 days post op and wondering what position the penis should be and what is the best means of keeping it in the correct position. Looking forward to 3 months instead of 3 days.

Abovedmc

Re: 3 days post op

Postby Abovedmc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:55 am

I am 3 days post op today, too. Removed mummy wrap as per orders yesterday but had a very restless night due to "discomfort" in the area. Swelling is not too bad and discoloration is way better than I had expected. Shaft is semi inflated and I read very different recommendations as whether to wear loose shorts or more supportive briefs. I am using briefs today. I wondered if shaft could be wrapped in gauze and secured gently to lower abdomen. What did others do at this stage?

I don't want to take narco due to possible constipation so I'm using regular 325 mg Tylenol. It helps. I did get first post op BM yesterday which was a major victory. Amazing how life gets reduced to basic elements.

I agree, Thailand that a three month's perspective with a good outcome is alluring. On the other hand it will take time to heal. I'm not discouraged but just watching the body heal.
77 y/o with complete ED after bladder and prostate removal due to bladder cancer. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX 6/27/14 by Dr. Horan in Austin. Very happy with results.

Thailand

Postby Thailand » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:51 pm

I emailed dr kramer today about what position the penis should be in. He told.me to just let it hang where it wants to. Lay on my back and let it rest on the stomach. I did not realize the constipation issue with the meds. I finally had a bad movement last night. Will not be taking the meds in the future. Ice pack helps. He also said it would be best to not walk much for the 1st 2 weeks.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:10 pm

My dr had me to use an athletic supporter to hold it straight up 90 degrees laying on my stomach for the first week. Make sure you under size it so it is tight. That also helps with the pain, that a bag of ice peas. I feel in love with the peas :D

Jim

jim27601@yahoo.com
Show & Tell Guy Raleigh NC

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 am

I think the desired position depends on the location of the incision. I had an infrapubic incision and my surgeon didn't care which position my penis was in. Other people have the mid-scrotal incision & the docs. seem to want the penis pointed up so it's not resting on the incision. Which type of incision do you have?
Roger
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

Return to “Implants”