Got 'er done!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BillinAL

Got 'er done!

Postby BillinAL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Dr Milam in Nashville implanted a Titan on Wednesday, June 11th. I returned home Thursday morning and all seems to be going as planned. I am taking a Percocet every four hours and am very comfortable in my recliner. I am keeping ice on me and swelling is slowly going down. Little discoloration, but that may come later.

I wanted to thank you guys for providing all the information on your experiences- the decision to take this plunge would have been much harder without it. It is also helping to know sort of what to expect over the next few weeks.

Thank you again.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

billylee

Re: Got 'er done!

Postby billylee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Good for you Bill. Congratulations. Do not sink your bottom to far into recliner....seriously. Take it easy and follow doctors orders.

billylee
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:05 am

Congratulations Bill. I'm 2 weeks post op with a Titan installed by Allen Morey MD on 5/28.

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:55 pm

TEBozo wrote:Congratulations Bill. I'm 2 weeks post op with a Titan installed by Allen Morey MD on 5/28.

Are you satisfied with the result?

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm

BillinAL wrote:Dr Milam in Nashville implanted a Titan on Wednesday, June 11th. I returned home Thursday morning and all seems to be going as planned. I am taking a Percocet every four hours and am very comfortable in my recliner. I am keeping ice on me and swelling is slowly going down. Little discoloration, but that may come later.
Bill

Was it your first implant?

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Olivero66 wrote:
TEBozo wrote:Congratulations Bill. I'm 2 weeks post op with a Titan installed by Allen Morey MD on 5/28.

Real satisfied so far. Doctor Morey does several or more each day, 4 days a week and I liked him personally. He told me that, at 62 years young, I had no business injecting. Causing scar tissue and inconsistent results, I talked to him in October of 2103 and due to a change in insurance companies, I was able to get it done. Relatively little pain, just swelling and discomfort. It took me 2 weeks to really regain a normal work schedule including walking 1.5 miles a day. Not far I know but real far walking a little bow legged.
Measured for 1st time today, 3.5" from skin; 4 " from pubic bone. I'm pumped up a few pumps and am curved upward slightly. Doc jokingly says that's good for my lady's equipment! Oh, and my entire penis is still very sensitive. No numbness or dead spots.

trucxrule

Postby trucxrule » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm

TEBozo wrote:
Olivero66 wrote:

Real satisfied so far. Doctor Morey does several or more each day, 4 days a week and I liked him personally. He told me that, at 62 years young, I had no business injecting. Causing scar tissue and inconsistent results, I talked to him in October of 2103 and due to a change in insurance companies, I was able to get it done. Relatively little pain, just swelling and discomfort. It took me 2 weeks to really regain a normal work schedule including walking 1.5 miles a day. Not far I know but real far walking a little bow legged.
Measured for 1st time today, 3.5" from skin; 4 " from pubic bone. I'm pumped up a few pumps and am curved upward slightly. Doc jokingly says that's good for my lady's equipment! Oh, and my entire penis is still very sensitive. No numbness or dead spots.

Really? I was 52 when my uro started me on injections - I plan to as long as I can - too many negative remarks from implantors

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:43 pm

This was my first implant and I am satisfied so far with the result though it is pretty early to know just 5 days post op. There has been some pain, but it has been controllable with meds. I started out with one pill Oxycodone/Acetaminophen 5/325 every four hours and am now only taking one every 12 hours. I expect to go to over the counter meds by tomorrow. I am quite sore and still have quite a bit of swelling but it is going down a little each day. I have stayed off my feet the past five days as the doctor prescribed and kept ice on 24 hrs a day.

The swelling is down enough now so that I can feel the cylinders in my penis through the skin. My scrotum is very touchy but I am trying to make sure I have located the pump since the doctor told me to keep it pulled to the bottom of my scrotum. Hopefully, I will be better able to do that over the next few days as that tenderness subsides.

My implant is partially pumped - the doctor told me only a couple of pumps - so I have a partial erection. My length is exactly 5" measured from the pubic bone with 5 1/8" girth. Years ago before my prostatechomy I was 6" long. I do not know what my girth was, but it looks about the same as before. I do not expect to gain any length with my Titan, but I would expect to get additional girth. Regardless, it seems to be enough to get the job done, and I will be happy to use it as it is.

My next appointment is the 2 week follow-up on 6/26/14 at Vanderbilt.

Thank you folks for all you have shared with me.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Thailand

Postby Thailand » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:39 am

I am going in on June 25th to have an implant . How long should I wait before flying home. Having in done in Baltimore and live in Arkansas

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Thailand,
I will attempt to answer your question, but I can only answer based on my experience and one thing I have learned through this forum is that there is no “one” experience. All vary some and some vary a lot.

I was released the morning after my surgery. My nurse wheel chaired me to my car and my wife drove me two hours to our home so I did little walking. You are faced with much harder travel – likely 8 hour plus door to door travel with a plane change.

In my case, the old saying” the third day after surgery is the worst” applied. During those three days, I was in pain (even with Percocet) as well as was very uncomfortable especially trying to walk. By the fourth day, pain was gone as long as I took Percocet. Discomfort was still there especially walking.
I guess if I had someone to wheel chair me through airports, handle baggage, keep some ice handy, etc, I may have attempted it on the fourth day but only if I just had to do it.

Today is my 7th day and though I am still uncomfortable, I feel like I could walk on my own slowly a pretty good distance so I would attempt it today knowing it was going to be a long day.

There are probably those on this forum that think this is too conservative, but it is based on my experience only.

I would suggest, if you can, you make the decision of when to travel home on a day by day basis based on how your recovery goes. Go when you think you are ready.

I wish you the very best on your surgery and recovery.
Bill

Return to “Implants”