Another comparison thread.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TomFord

Another comparison thread.

Postby TomFord » Tue May 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Hello men.

So I have my surgery on the 9th of July with Dr Kramer and I'm still deciding on the Coloplast Titan or the AMS 700 LGX.

Here's my take on them given what I've read:

Coloplast Titan:
Pros:
Appears to be favoured by the majority of high volume surgeons
Stiffer in the inflated state
May last longer before it needs replacing
Pump may be preferred by some
May increase girth

Cons:
Less natural in the flaccid state
It doesn't expand in length so more package to carry around flaccid

ASM 700 LGX:
Pros:
Softer tubes and therefore more natural when flaccid
Expands in length so may give back more size post op

Cons:
May need replacing sooner

Being 24 and still very physically active and spending a lot of time in locker rooms I'm leaning towards the ASM 700 as it looks more natural when deflated but I'm guessing when I have my consultation with Dr Kramer he will advise on the Titan. It's hard to go against the advice of the expect.

If anyone has input on which device they would recommend please chime in. Guys with the Titan does it look natural when deflated and not like your semi aroused? My pre op size is about 6.25 in length and just over 5 inches in girth if that helps the comparison.

Cheers fellas ;)

billylee

Re: Another comparison thread.

Postby billylee » Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 pm

First, i would go with surgeon's recommendation and if different than what you had in mind, ask ask why his choice. If, as my surgeon, when he thought I might prefer one over the one he chose, he offered what I wanted. BUT, after hearing his reasoning, which was really fairly minor, I went with HIS choice, after all, I chose him for his expertise, skill, and numbers.

The following is just my opinion and I certainly could be wrong in my thoughts (hope it makes sense in writing): I am leaning to the belief that if one has above normal length in erection/stretch and the flaccid stays close to that length then implanted flaccid will look pretty normal for "locker room". However, if one is much of turtle in beginning then once implanted those cylinders have to go somewhere in flaccid. Example, you turtled often at 3', or less, but could pre-ED days, erect to 5.5-6" then after IPP your implanted flaccid might give a constant 4" and 6" inflate, so you have two inch of cylinder to deal with. I could be very wrong but for the most part I am suggesting after a month or two breakin cylinders do not grown in length a great deal in the inflate process but mostly just ...inflate. After three weeks since main activation and basically twice a day exercise (inflate/deflate) for 15 to sometimes over 30 minutes, what was pre-surgery turtle is not a turtle anymore, however, I would not claim to be locker room showy(at least to me, but then how many men stare at other's penis). I have a hump on right side where right cylinder kinks or has a slight turn. I believe this could possibly be due to fact that other tubing is running to right side (to reservoir) so crowding the area a tad...just my theory). i also have slight curve in shaft to left as though left cylinder was shorter......however the good news is that after a few good squeezes all is well and I have a very nice, relatively straight, hard "tool". Since no more turtle, I am much more "showy" in pants, just not so much so in the raw and since all gets more showy with each squeeze I am not terribly alarmed.

I think both devices are very fine products and seems you have pros/cons in order. Not much of a way to go wrong with either and the surgeon you have chose. Good luck.
billylee
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Wed May 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Based on your measurements, I think the Titan makes more sense. Deep down I think Kramer is a Coloplast guy and may steer you that way… not to suggest he's biased in any way, he just believes it's better. The highest volume guys in the world seem to be coloplast guys, but who knows what that means. Probably either is good- but with all that girth that you have I think it'd be a shame not to get the Titan, the one with more girth. Just a thought

proactive

Postby proactive » Wed May 21, 2014 10:45 pm

The Titan looks natural when flaccid. You look like a shower instead of a grower. I dont think that anyone will think your sporting wood. Hell I wish mine looked like this before I had the surgery. Dr Kramer did mine last June.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:44 pm

My doctor at Duke hospital recommends the Titian but uses both he wont let either company list him. He does about 100-125 a year and is one of the top surgeon in the area. He installed a Titian in me back last December, I love it! I didn't lose any length and gained about 30% girth. It looks good in the flaccid and erect position. I am one of the show and tell guys if you are close to NC you may see it. I have already shown dozens of men and some with their wives or gf.

Jim

jim27601@yahoo.com

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:32 pm

63 Panhead wrote:My understanding is that if your penis is 7" or longer go with the Coloplast if not go AMS. I had the Titan installed, it was to along and started eroding through the skin, the second surgery was no fun at all and at 5 months post op I'm still in quite a bit of pain and discomfort…OUCH! And the high volume docs using the Coloplast may get a larger "incentive" from Coloplast as well. I know guys that have the AMS and love them! Mine is always 1/3 inflated and can be very uncomfortable/painful in jeans, slacks, shorts or a swim suit. Also make sure the surgeon installs the NEW pump and not the old one with the bar you have to find and squeeze, its awful...

There are lots of guys with Titan's here who are very happy, including me. And most of us are less than 7". Sure, plenty of guys with AMS LGX's and CX's who are happy too. I'm not trying to argue one is superior to the other. I just don't accept the notion that you only go with a Titan when you're 7" or more.

To me, you pick the doctor and let him choose the device. I think for most guys who are unhappy its because there was a problem with the installation (a doctor issue) and not because of the device choice.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed May 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Agree with rim. I would not have a Titan if just for 7 & longer.........or even 6 +. I do have some issues, but I would not claim AMS would make big difference.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”