STD and penile implant.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tryfied

STD and penile implant.

Postby tryfied » Tue May 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi

I'm having a penile implant in a month or so. The other day I noticed an acne-like spot on my penis. Doctor says it's most likely acne but could be herpes. It spreaded which was itching. I may have done this my self via touching. Dr. sounded as if he just wanted to "clear" it as acne. He will test my urine, but not till I have paid for surgery and have done all other practical stuff like blood tests. Then it will be impractical (and depressing) to cancel the whole thing.

I'm concerned how this will impact my surgery. Kramer who will do my surgery, said some time ago that STD testing wasn't even required for IPP surgery. So there may be no reason to worry.

This would be my luck. Finally finding a cure for my ED but ending up getting an infection causing either cancelation of surgery or worst case an infection of the IPP afterwards.

What to do?

Bigtime071

Re: STD and penile implant.

Postby Bigtime071 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Hey tryfied make sure they do your ipp infrapubically. Not scrotally. I had a genital wart on my scrotum and got a bad infection.I think if they stay away from your scrotum and penis. You know go above the penis you will be fine.

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Tue May 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Yikes. I heard of your infection and would really want to avoid that experience. I guess acne is just as serious as herpes and warts for that matter

Maybe I should ask Kramer for his advice.

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Tue May 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Since you have a month, why not just get an STD test from your primary care doc? There's no reason why you have to get it from the uro.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Wed May 21, 2014 1:09 am

He will but it won't be until 14 days prior to surgery. So my concern is that if it turns out I do have something thar might complicate my surgery, all this work would be for nothing.

I won't se Kramer until the day of surgery as I'm in Europe and will be flying to Baltimore to seeing him.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Wed May 21, 2014 10:03 am

An STD requires an exposure to an infected person or recently infected surface. I guess you could touch someone else's herpes blister then masturbate and be infected. Much more likely you have an infected hair follicle or blocked sebaceous gland. Surely, there is another doctor you could see promptly about this.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Wed May 21, 2014 10:01 pm

I tend to agree with the recent posts- I'm guessing this is just a little hair follicle issue- Actually STD's present with severe pain with you urinate, burning, etc, not a small blister (though Herpes may present like this? I'm not 100% sure). I really think if some primary care doc would just ease your mind back home and see this, that'd be great. Otherwise honestly what you have sounds like nothing at all, I'd just go full steam ahead w/ Kramer, he's really excellent and I really think you're fine.

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Thu May 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I told Kramer this. He recomended me to have this cleared by someone professional. I went for an STD test for this today at a local hospital. They gave me the whole test package (HIV, Herpes etc.) Unfurtunately I won't have the results until in 3 weeks. But that's just how it is. Afterwards I spoke to my primary doctor, who presceibed me Herpes antibiotics just to be safe. He was certain this was either acne or a mild herpes infection.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sat May 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Just go for it, go to Baltimore and get it done. Kramer is truly amazing, this STD issue your having won't affect him and it probably isn't even an STD. I think herpes is a virus, antibiotics might not treat it I think? Anyway get the implant- it'll fix things for you both physically and emotionally.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Wed May 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Get on a daily antiviral and go for it. Some xanax 2 weeks before to help reduce stress.

Return to “Implants”