Anyone has implant by Edward Karpman@El Camino hospital, CA?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lming44

Anyone has implant by Edward Karpman@El Camino hospital, CA?

Postby lming44 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:12 am

Hi

I am a new comer for this group and had a ED issue caused by diabetics. I have tried diff. ways except for the implant, but no success.
I plan to have an implant this year. I tried to find a good surgeon near San Francisco, but don't know how to find it. My current Dr is Edward Karpman who work at El Camino hospital, CA. He told me the followings, but i cannot verify what he said.

(1) perform 6-10 implants per month and have been performing this operation
since 2001.
(2) From the total number of implant, he claimed that he is first in the west
coast and around 12th in the nation

Thanks

gregorbehr

Re: Anyone has implant by Edward Karpman@El Camino hospital, CA?

Postby gregorbehr » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:45 am

I'd be very interested in who else replies...
I live in SF and had fairly poor luck at finding a doc who does more than one or two implants a month in the city.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

jontopless

Postby jontopless » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm

I had my implant done by Dr Karpman about 6 weeks ago. Everything went great.
I dont know how many implants he puts in every month but the day I had mine done there were 3 other guys who were getting it done the same day.
I shared a room after surgery with a guy who flew in from Arizona for his implant.
I chose Dr Karpman because he does the minimally invasive technique. My surgery was only 20 minutes long and I had very little pain after surgery.
I saw his website that has a video of his technique along with a video of inflating the implant that I really liked.
Here is the link if anyone is interested : http://www.healthy-male.com
I also liked the fact that he allows his patients to start inflating and having sex much sooner than all other doctors I went.
I talked to 2 of his former patients priro to scheduling surgery and they had the same results as me.
I started inflating my implant 1 week after surgery and started having sex 3 weeks after surgery. All of the other doctors told me that I had to wait 6-8 weeks after the surgery just to start inflating it.

Hope this helps....

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks for the info Jon, it sure does for me!
Which implant did you get?
51, San Francisco
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

lming44

Postby lming44 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Jon and Greg

Can you send me your email address ? I want to talk with you by email or phone.
My email address is lming 44 at hot mail dot com

Ming

Ming: Edited your post to make your email invisible to searches. it is always safer to send guys a PM to protect your info. Paul

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Insurance gave me a big fat NO out of network docs if you want anything covered.
Will have to regroup and see if my primary doc will help fight them... feh :(
51, San Francisco

Return to “Implants”