How much pain?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
crash220

How much pain?

Postby crash220 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:28 am

I know this is a loaded question,, but how much pain should I expect? I know a level3, pain to someone, might be an 8 to someone else. Opinions please,

Thanks,
Tom

newly1

Re: How much pain?

Postby newly1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 am

Theres not much real pain, more disconfort. My uro said I could drive after I quit the pain ills. I drove the second day!! I only wished I was using it more. Ive just lost interest in real fu cking. I dont know the problem, its not my wife. I do pump it up daily.

billy1947

Postby billy1947 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

My surgery was one week ago today. I haven't had any real pain, but have discomfort. This is my first surgery ever and it is no where near the pain I have had with kidney stones, and I have had several of those.

dennov

Postby dennov » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 pm

I had surgery a little over three weeks ago (2/11/14) and still am in tremendous pain, swelling is still real bad (in penis and scrotum) and I have to take Norco 4 times a day as well as ibuprofen to try and get the swelling down, and btw I hate taking pain meds, I try to avoid them at all costs. I can't stand for over a couple of minutes otherwise the pain goes from a 5/6 to a 9/10.

I have a mass (swelling) in the right side of my scrotum where the pump is and I can't even feel the pump because of it. At my last appointment the doctor seemed very concerned but said it's just a setback and to continue my meds and hot baths twice a day. I was asked if it was worth it and I had to answer "not right now it isn't"!! but ask me again in a couple of weeks when the pain (hopefully) subsides and maybe I'll have a different answer.

Also I'm so much smaller than I had anticipated (length and girth) and that has left me very discouraged. I understand the length part because of the swelling around the base of the penis but the girth is a lot smaller and I had thought with the titan I would keep my original girth.

Hurting and discouraged!
61 year old with a 23 cm Titan.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:07 pm

crash220 wrote:I know this is a loaded question,, but how much pain should I expect? I know a level3, pain to someone, might be an 8 to someone else. Opinions please,

Thanks,
Tom

I don't think anyone can answer this for you. Some guys have it really easy. Some really rough. Most in between. But, unless your doc is in the dark ages, he should work with you on pain meds to keep things in check. Your doc should also be preparing you to deal with the side effects of pain meds, in case you need them. Narc pain meds often cause severe constipation. My doc started me on stool softeners and laxatives in advance, and I was equipped with even more in case I needed it (I didn't).

Also, there are varying theories on ice and heat. A lot of guys use ice or cold. An alternative to ice are frozen vegatables (eg peas). If you go that route you might want several packs so you can rotate them (putting the thawed ones back in the freezer to reuse). My doc specifically recommended heat in the form of warm/hot baths rather than ice (it worked really well for me). But he specifically uses waterproof sutures and closure for that purpose. Some docs don't and won't let you bathe for a while. You can also generate dry heat by heating something like beans inside a sock in the microwave. This molds well to your anatomy (so would frozen peas).

Also be prepared with support briefs and or jock strap in case support makes things feel better. And padding too. Using a jock strap without padding was uncomfortable for me, but with extra layers of soft padding inside the jock strap it felt good.

Most guys are well supplied with adequate pain meds. But if what you get isn't doing the job, you should be in touch with your doc. Both to get something that does work, and because unusual pain can be a sign that something is wrong and you want to rule that out.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:40 pm

newly1 wrote:I only wished I was using it more. Ive just lost interest in real fu cking. I dont know the problem, its not my wife. I do pump it up daily.

Here's a book link I think is pretty good on libido: http://www.amazon.com/Improving-Male-Se ... B00DGCEP6O

In brief, get your testosterone checked, and your LH and estradiol levels too. Then also check your thyroid function. If your doc only checks TSH go find another doc. They should be checking free t3 and reverse t3 too. Probably check cortisol too. 4x per day saliva test for cortisol is a pretty thorough test. The book gives more details about a complete workup. In short, libido is a function of lots of things.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:36 am

Sorry to hear you are in pain,I was never ever in really bad pain maybe a 5 on a ten scale. Keep the ice on it the first week and then hot soaking baths 15 minutes at a time while massaging the pump down to the bottom of your scrotum,very important,it will take a while for all the swelling to go down. Good luck if I can help contact me.

Jim

dennov wrote:I had surgery a little over three weeks ago (2/11/14) and still am in tremendous pain, swelling is still real bad (in penis and scrotum) and I have to take Norco 4 times a day as well as ibuprofen to try and get the swelling down, and btw I hate taking pain meds, I try to avoid them at all costs. I can't stand for over a couple of minutes otherwise the pain goes from a 5/6 to a 9/10.

I have a mass (swelling) in the right side of my scrotum where the pump is and I can't even feel the pump because of it. At my last appointment the doctor seemed very concerned but said it's just a setback and to continue my meds and hot baths twice a day. I was asked if it was worth it and I had to answer "not right now it isn't"!! but ask me again in a couple of weeks when the pain (hopefully) subsides and maybe I'll have a different answer.

Also I'm so much smaller than I had anticipated (length and girth) and that has left me very discouraged. I understand the length part because of the swelling around the base of the penis but the girth is a lot smaller and I had thought with the titan I would keep my original girth.

Hurting and discouraged!

dennov

Postby dennov » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement Jim. Tomorrow (3/11/14) will be 4 weeks since the surgery and I'm still in pain and swollen to the point of being unable to find the pump, also a new development...my ankles are now swelling, not sure what's going on but as you can imagine I'm very concerned. I'll be seeing Dr. Karpman on Thursday so maybe he can shed some light on what's happening.

BTW, any prayers will be extremely appreciated,
Thank you!
61 year old with a 23 cm Titan.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:25 pm

dennov wrote:Thanks for the words of encouragement Jim. Tomorrow (3/11/14) will be 4 weeks since the surgery and I'm still in pain and swollen to the point of being unable to find the pump, also a new development...my ankles are now swelling, not sure what's going on but as you can imagine I'm very concerned. I'll be seeing Dr. Karpman on Thursday so maybe he can shed some light on what's happening.

BTW, any prayers will be extremely appreciated,
Thank you!

If I was in your shoes I would also be checking in with my Drs office by phone today. Ankle swelling is probably benign, but I wouldn't wait till Thursday to discuss it. It could simply be due to inactivity if you're not getting around much due to pain. If that's it, compression stockings might be helpful. IMHO your continuing pain and scrotal swelling is also worth conferring about. I know my Dr definitely wanted to hear about any concerns right away, even though they are almost always nothing to worry about.

Return to “Implants”