Northern Virginia Implant Doctors

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
leesburg2013

Northern Virginia Implant Doctors

Postby leesburg2013 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:37 pm

I was wondering if those living in the Northern Virginia area can recommend an implant doctor.I will check with my two doctors in Loudoun Hospital, Ashburn, Va. Dr Kevin O'Connor, Dr. Walter O'Brien but I do not think they do many.
WM 69 6'2" 192lbs, https://www.xtube.com/profile/leesburg2013-28635222 Quadmix injections PG/PA/PH/AT (70MCG/30MCG/3MG/0.15MG)ML Love Showers: http://www.silverdaddies.com/1511803

Geezer6

Re: Northern Virginia Implant Doctors

Postby Geezer6 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:54 pm

I totally agree with the recommendation of Dr Andrew Kramer. He is located at the U of Md Medical Center in downtown Baltimore. I had an appointment with him for a consultation and we discussed my history and did a quick examination of my equipment. I made an appointment for the surgery and his office provided a package on information and a list of the things I had to do to prepare (physical with my primary care physician, blood work, EKG, chest x-rays, etc). I arrived at the hospital at 6:00 A.M. and was operated on at 7:30 a.m. I was kept overnight and the catheter was removed early the next morning. I was discharged as soon as I could pee (which takes awhile since the removal of the catheter totally drains your bladder.)

Dr Kramer is outstanding to work with and I was highly impressed with the entire experience. I had a fairly long conversation with my primary care doctor and he felt that I had made a wise choice with Dr Kramer. He does a lot of these proceedures and has an operating room staff that is very familiar with the procedure. And, perhaps the most important qualification is that he has a very low infection rate.

Check him out on Youtube, he has a number of videos that will give you a pretty good feeling for what he is like.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:13 am

Geezer6 wrote:I totally agree with the recommendation of Dr Andrew Kramer. He is located at the U of Md Medical Center in downtown Baltimore. I had an appointment with him for a consultation and we discussed my history and did a quick examination of my equipment. I made an appointment for the surgery and his office provided a package on information and a list of the things I had to do to prepare (physical with my primary care physician, blood work, EKG, chest x-rays, etc). I arrived at the hospital at 6:00 A.M. and was operated on at 7:30 a.m. I was kept overnight and the catheter was removed early the next morning. I was discharged as soon as I could pee (which takes awhile since the removal of the catheter totally drains your bladder.)

Dr Kramer is outstanding to work with and I was highly impressed with the entire experience. I had a fairly long conversation with my primary care doctor and he felt that I had made a wise choice with Dr Kramer. He does a lot of these proceedures and has an operating room staff that is very familiar with the procedure. And, perhaps the most important qualification is that he has a very low infection rate.

Check him out on Youtube, he has a number of videos that will give you a pretty good feeling for what he is like.

Another vote here for Dr. Kramer. It's not that big a hike from northern VA to Baltimore, and well worth the trip.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:39 pm

agree as well, Dr. Andrew Kramer did mine, he's exceptional.

P-fracture

Postby P-fracture » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:34 am

Dr. Kramer in Baltimore. Just had my procedure done this month. I am very happy with the results thus far and he has been very reachable and helpful with questions.
40s, Maryland, penile fracture, AMS 700 CX in Sep 2014, device failed; Coloplast Titan in Jun 2016, both with Dr. Kramer

Return to “Implants”