Difference in implant prosthesis

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kbota53

Difference in implant prosthesis

Postby kbota53 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I am curious about the specific differences in the different AMS implant products. Within the AMS series, there is the Ultrex, LGX, CX, CXM, and CXR. Does anyone know what the specific differences are in these devices? My Doc implanted the Ultrex in me. Others have received the LGX. What is the difference?

I understand that some are designed for average sized guys, some are for those fellows that are larger, and some may be designed for Peyronies patients.

If someone knows the differences, please post.

Thanks

k

tmwstw

Re: Difference in implant prosthesis

Postby tmwstw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm speaking from the reseaches i've done not from my own experience.
- The Ultrex and LGX are actually the same concepts which expand in length and girth. As far as i know the Ultrex is the older version and was replaced by the LGX 4-5 years ago.
- The rest of the implants only expand in girth.
- For penises 7 inches or bigger doctors will usually recommend the Coloplast Titan .. they suppose to give more strength to the erections for bigger penises. For average guys the AMS is prefered
- There's a debate of using LGX and CX for Peyronie patients. Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt has been using the LGX exclusively to treat Peyronie. Some opinions say otherwise and favor the CX for Peyronie reasoning that the cylynders expand in length will exagerate the curve. JackP has a succesfull story with the LGX and Peyronie, check back and you will hear from him soon.
Hope i helped a little.

Return to “Implants”