Coloplast Titan deflate buttons

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tmead1961

Coloplast Titan deflate buttons

Postby tmead1961 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:21 am

Ok guys. I had a 3 piece Coloplast Titan implant 4 weeks and 1 day ago. When I went back to the Dr for the 3 week follow up he was supposed to deflate the thing that had been pumped up since the surgery but I was still too sore down there for him to press the deflate buttons. After a few minutes of excruciating torturous pain, I asked him to stop. He made me promise to keep trying to deflate the device at home, which I tried but it just hurt too much to depress the buttons. After about another week I was able to depress the two buttons that deflate the device, and the erection did go down. But not all the way. As a matter of fact, it seems to be inflating again as I sit on the couch and type this post.

I know there are two inflatable rods in the penis, is it possible that I have only deflated one side? Do the two deflate buttons on each side of the device work together, or independently. In other words, is it possible to depress one side and not the other, which would only give a partial deflation. Or do they work together where if one side is pressed then both sides will deflate. I know there are two inflatable rods in the penis, does one button deflate one side and the other button deflate the other side? Or if I successfully deflate, is both sides going deflate?

Any other suggestions on how to achieve a more complete deflation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

tmead1961

rlm1818

Re: Coloplast Titan deflate buttons

Postby rlm1818 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:29 am

You don't say if you have the OTR pump (I'd guess so) or the older style Titan pump (not sure if they still make it, but for a long time is was optionally available).

My experience with the OTR pump is that you have to squeeze it much harder than I would ever have imagined, and keep it squeezed for 5-8 seconds, for it to lock in the open position. "One touch release" is a little optimistic wording. Sometimes when I squeeze it, if I don't do it hard enough or long enough, it will deflate somewhat, but as soon as I release the pads, it won't deflate any more even if I squeeze my penis. You're not supposed to have to hold the deflate pads while you deflate with the OTR (but you do with the old style Titan pump), but getting whatever valve there is, to lock in the open position, is a little finicky. Some guys with the OTR report they still have to hold the deflate pads the entire time they deflate. I think thats a case of either a defect, or they just don't do enough to get it to lock open.

Also, while it is true that you get deflation without squeezing the penis with the OTR, if you want all the fluid out, my experience is you must squeeze that last bit out by actively squeezing the penis. Even then, a portion of the cylinders are buried where you can't reach them, and there will be some fluid remaining there which will drift down with gravity and fill you out a little. Fully deflated by squeezing the penis initially results in a penis that is flattened and deformed looking, as there is nothing inside the cylinders. Personally I prefer a few pumps worth beyond max deflated as my flaccid state, though I think max deflation is good therapy once in a while to keep scar tissue from forming around the reservoir and inhibiting full deflation.

Some guys report that after deflation they will get some additional fill in over time. I don't experience this, though as reported the residual fluid I can't squeeze out during max deflation will drift down and fill out a little. Guys who have this problem report that if they give the pump a single squeeze (as in pump it up) after deflating, it will prevent autofill. I generally do this too, but for a different reason. I find that once the OTR is locked open, especially if its stayed that way for a while, it sometimes takes some effort for some valve or other to clear so I can inflate. When this happens, sometimes pressing the deflate pads the same way I would if deflating from an erection will allow me to more easily get it going. If I do this single pump right after the initial deflate, its easier to get that first pump, and then whenever I want to pump it up again (even a day or two later) I can start pumping up right away with no problem.

Hope these comments are helpful.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:31 pm

tmead1961,
No there is not a left and right deflate button ... the buttons work together as one.

For your fully deflate issue ... try sitting in a hot bath for a while ... then to deflate, squeeze your penis shaft then hit the deflate button. You should be able to feel the fluid returning.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Napier

Postby Napier » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 pm

In deflation, should I press to buttons and hold them down? Or should a press "click" it into place?

I am also having auto inflation. I just read about giving one pump to reset the valve?
77-year-old male developed Peyronies. Got a Titan Chloroplast Classic July 7, 2021. Still getting used to it. Sexy 74 year old wife!

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:21 am

I hold my deflate button the entire time I’m deflating and it never fails to completely deflate.One thing I have learned is the deflate button doesn’t go in much at all when you push it,just hold down on it against your other finger and squeeze your dick on and off Untill it’s deflated.Good luck!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Username1

Postby Username1 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:51 am

Agree about heat. A hot shower was best for me in the early stages over recovery.
In addition to the shower, I used a heat pad. Placed it on the penis and testicles.
I made one using an old sock filled with rice. Throw into microwave for 1-2 minutes. The rice retains heat. The other advantage of the sock, it was easy to apply as needed, wrap around penis or testicles.
Implanted 5.25.21 Coldplast, 24cm. Dr Tajkarimi.

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:06 am

Congrats on your brave new world. Lots of fun ahead for you.

If you have "One Touch" like I do, then you may in coming weeks find out that "One Touch" is the entirely ironically named feature of a device which is quite the opposite. I love my Titan, no quarrels with anything about it, really. But Coloplast remains utterly full of shit on this particular feature, in my opinion and with my prosthesis, anyway. I hope you find your experience is what they promise. I know plenty of guys will weigh in here and state that their One Touch does in fact operate as Coloplast markets it, which is awesome. Just absolutely not my experience.

From day one, to deflate, I have had to keep very firm depression on the button/block for the entire deflate procedure; meaning, a bit of an awkward two-handed affair where I need to aggressively smash my dick down and press and roll and flatten it, while the entire time keeping the button fully depressed. Some say I'm an outlier with this, but I've talked with plenty of guys who are having the same experiences. With a depress of the button and some squeezing, I deflate down to maybe 60 or 50%; to go the rest of the way, button depressed and max squeezing all the way down. And you will want to get all the fluid out you possibly can and send it back to the reservoir, there are some consequences you don't want (encapsulation issues) with the reservoir if you don't consistently fill it back up in these early weeks.

What sounds awkward as hell above is really not as awkward now. I found my rhythm and groove with this because I had no choice. So effort and creativity and persistence started to really flow once I realized I had no lifeline and had to make shit work.

In those several weeks post-op, and those weeks where I was activated and just starting to figure things out and have sex again, I definitely had frustration and uncertainty and, in one case, a complete fucking panic (and a fully inflated trip to my doc's office) trying to get my dick to deflate. It didn't help matters that my sac and everything was bloated with more edema than I realized and was of course also pretty sore, and so I was uncertain and borderline terrified about smashing my testicles breaking the implant etc.

There's no substitute for fishing around with your sac and getting really intimately acquainted with your new self. You will definitely get a rhythm and find your way. Hot showers or baths are absolutely your friend.

Oh - on the issue of the cylinders filling and emptying equally. One depression motion on the button/block deflates the entire prosthesis. That's its design intent. And...

Coloplast will say that both cylinders fill and empty synchronously, ie, at equal and parallel rates of fill/emptying. Not entirely true, necessarily. There can be some subtle differences from right to left cylinder. Occasionally I will note that my glans on max inflation is a bit turned to its right. This doesn't always happen. Sometimes it turns a bit to the right, or left, when it's fully deflated. I'll notice my pee stream takes an entirely different path in these instances. If I grip my penis and sort of un-crinkle/shift the cylinders around, my glans reorients itself and my pee stream goes straight. I don't know honestly if this is a slight differential in the amount of fluid in the cylinders, or if it's just a crinkling of the cylinders within the minimal physical space they occupy.

Keep at it, be patient but persistent! Good luck!
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:34 am

I have the one touch. It doesn't deflate with one touch.
Finding the button at first was the toughest thing. It's small, my sack was sore, and I have reduced sensation in my fingers. Doc could not deflate me at first follow up, too sore. Second follow up at 5 weeks finally deflated but it still hurt a lot. Ended up back to doc twice after inflating and couldn't get deflated.
Now I hold the button down with one hand, and with a single layer of towel wrapped around my shaft squeeze with the other hand. It takes maybe 10-15 seconds of squeezing to feel like most of the saline has moved to the reservoir.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:51 am

With my titan I had the otr pump. I initially had some problems locating the deflate button as i had a lot of fluid in my sac.

At one point i thought i was pushing the button but was actually pushing on the side of pump with no button at all.

As for deflating. Push button and compress penis. Then pump one time to reset pump. That kept me from auto inflating.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Napier

Postby Napier » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Talking with my doctor and he said I have the "Classic" version, that he likes better. This is the one where you hold down both buttons and keep the pressure on until deflation. There is a different Titan that does "click."
77-year-old male developed Peyronies. Got a Titan Chloroplast Classic July 7, 2021. Still getting used to it. Sexy 74 year old wife!

Return to “Implants”