Implant on 10/24/13 Nervous

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
franklambe

Re: Implant on 10/24/13 Nervous

Postby franklambe » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 pm

DAY#4 Sunday

Great news everybody.......... My swelling is down considerably and I am almost pain free. Today seems like turning point and road to recovery. Bruising is still prominent on the scrotum, but only a small bruise on the head of the penis.

Today I am able to pee freely without the can as I can now manipulate and kinda bend my penis to pee in the toilet bowl. Also, I am walking faster and longer around te house with very little ache down below. I know there's an implant in there when I think about it, but just walking around I don't notice it. My advice to others is to keep moving from time to time so your body doesn't get stiff or sore. Also, my Uro recommended taking showers as cool as possible to reduce swelling and to keep my scrotum from warming up and increasing the circulation/swelling. Day #2 of taking showers and it feels great!! My wife says she can tell my swelling is down and said my grth looks just slightly bigger than before and to her my flaccid length looks slightly longer.

I'm completely off prescription pain killers and only on Motrin 800mg tabs for moderate discomfort & swelling. I'm telling you guys who are worried about pain..... Initially it's not as bad as you think it will be. Get passed the first few days and your golden!!

billylee

Postby billylee » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 pm

frankl
So good to read of your daily improvements. I read them with true interest, I will especially anticipate knowing when you honestly feel you could go to work, nothing really physical, put perhaps up and down from chair. I know we are all different in recovery, but knowing with some idea how much time to take off work is important, at least to me. And, just what shape one might expect for more physical activity by week six to eight. Sexual activity is important of course, but if I have been without for six weeks, another two or three is not going to hurt me, however I do have some hobbies I would like to get back to in eight weeks if possible.
Await another log from your "daily journal". Glad you are doing well. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Day#5 Monday

Today I learned some valuable lessons now having an implant and unfortunately some of this information I read on here before the procedure.

1- Do not........ I repeat....... Do not sit on a hard bench or chair on day#5. Feels like a prostate exam being given by Edward Scissor hands!!!!!!! :oops:

2- Take a stool softener like someone recommended. I just spent 45 minutes setting to sail the US Navy's newest submarine. Holy shit!!! (no pun intended) If that was like giving birth then I sympathize with women!!!! :o

3- they used so much tape on me after the procedure for the pressure bandage that I still have sticky adhesive on me after several showers with scrubbing. My thigh stuck to my nut and when it separated it had a slingshot effect. I am a grown man that was crying this morning at 10am in case you were wondering what that scream was passing through your state. I should have just asked my neighbor to kick me in the balls just for fun!!! :cry:

Other then that it has been a good day. Swelling is down even more and bruising it's starting to fade. Also, I was able to walk the dogs in the yard as I can move about better.im going longer in between Motrin too. I felt around down below and I am actually able to discern the size/shape of the pump. Still too sore to feel around to distinguish the release button.

Hope this helps and I will be back soon to update. Frank.

PhxDave

Postby PhxDave » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 am

A quick suggestion on the sticky residue. Baby powder. It will stick to the adhesive and render it non-sticky.

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks PhxDave..... Worked like a charm!! :)

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Frank - just read through your posts. . . so glad to hear things went and are going well. Thanks for telling your story - although everyone's is different - it helps to hear from all. I hope to follow down your path one day - I'll definitely be back to you for advice if/when I get to that point. Hope you've been taking before/during/after/progress photos whether you post them or not - you'll appreciate them down the road. Keep us up to date. Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Day#6 Tuesday

Today has been another day with slight improvement from the last with some noticeable reduction in swelling and bruising down below. Ice continues to be my friend and I can now start feeling the shape of the pump, but will wait a couple of more days to really explore. As my swelling goes down my girth remains the same, but my length is just a little longer looking. Even my wife mentioned that as the swelling around the base reduces my length is improving slightly.

I feel like this is truly all going in the right direction and without a doubt up to this point I would do it again!!! My next hurtle will be my follow up in 6 more days. It will be for him to check the incision & progress, but he did say he would probably completely deflate my pump (only has 3 pumps). I'm worried about the scrotal pain during that visit. We will see.

Will continue to keep everyone updated. Frank.

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Day#7 Wednesday

Even better today. Went to dinner with the family' and walked around Target for an hour pain free. Got home and iced for 20 minutes and still no pain!! Incision looks like its healing well and I'm still applying the antibiotic gel they prescribed.

If any of you are in doubt........... It's not bad and a near cakewalk!! Do it for you and your well being. Frank.

franglais

Postby franglais » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:42 pm

For all of you with procedures scheduled, I'd like to share that I had my implant done in Feb 2010 and was nervous....but there was very little pain afterwards....and the swelling was bearable. Much, much easier than my prostatectomy surgery recovery. Just take it easy afterwards and don't over exert. I'd do mine again in a heartbeat!! It was SO much easier than I expected! I have an AMS LGX implanted by Dr. Milam in Nashville.

Best to all!

MikeH

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Well gents,

Tomorrow is my first visit to the Uro since my surgery and it will be 12 days since this journey began. I am barely inflated from what I was told (a couple of squeezes) as he does not like partially inflating of significance to aid in healing & swelling. I think he said he will full deflate me tomorrow if I look like I'm doing well or can stand it. Then I would have to wait another 3-4 weeks for a return appointment to activate the pump & cycling with instruction. I can't imagine that he would pump me up tomorrow or give me the go ahead. I hope everything looks good to him and he thinks I'm progressing. My bruising is almost completely gone and swelling is almost competelty gone. Have some sensitivity where my right testicle is rubbing the pump from time to time. My scrotum use to be loose & stretchy, but ever since the procedure my scrotum is very tight & drawn up.

My concern now is pain experienced during cycling the pump and deflation. I am also concerned still about size & length. I am currently 3.5" flaccid and I hope I can gain some length back with ths AMS LGX that was installed. My stretch was 4 3/4" and 3 years prior to onset of ED I was 5 1/2" - 5 3/4" in length during a natural erection. I'd be thankful for 4" inches or more!! :)

Well wish me luck and I'll post what happens at my visit. Thanks for any and all advice!! Frank.

Return to “Implants”