My View and a Recommendation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JerGeezer

My View and a Recommendation

Postby JerGeezer » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm a new guy to this board and posted this on the Introductions and Hellos section. It was suggested that I repost it here.

After being embarrassed and feeling humiliated for many years (felt like I wasn't really a man), I finally got the nerve to admit my impotence to my doctor. That was in 1995. He set me up with a urologist. After undergoing a variety of tests, the urologist installed an AMS Ultrex. How stupid of me to have not told my primary doctor of the problem many years earlier.

The first implant worked perfectly for about three and a half years - and changed my life in a most positive way - and I'm positive it broke because of my being so active. I plain wore it out. This second one lasted over fourteen years, but that is primarily because of its not being used much during the last eight years or so. Even with this lack of frequent activity right now, a third one will be implanted in the near future simply because I know how great it feels just knowing I'll be ready when the opportunities once again present themselves.

Guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who never did experience much post-operative pain. Uncomfortable for awhile? Sure. But painful? No.

FYI: Be sure to not use a riding mower during the first several weeks of getting a penile implant, as the vibration can cause the pump to migrate upwards. It may not happen with you, but it sure did with me.

Young guys need to know that implants do not last forever and will probably eventually need to be replaced. But as those of you who already have one know, it's well worth having it. Admitting my impotence to my physician, as it turns out, is one of the best decisions I ever made.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

indy38

Re: My View and a Recommendation

Postby indy38 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm

JerGeezer wrote:I'm a new guy to this board and posted this on the Introductions and Hellos section. It was suggested that I repost it here.

After being embarrassed and feeling humiliated for many years (felt like I wasn't really a man), I finally got the nerve to admit my impotence to my doctor. That was in 1995. He set me up with a urologist. After undergoing a variety of tests, the urologist installed an AMS Ultrex. How stupid of me to have not told my primary doctor of the problem many years earlier.

The first implant worked perfectly for about three and a half years - and changed my life in a most positive way - and I'm positive it broke because of my being so active. I plain wore it out. This second one lasted over fourteen years, but that is primarily because of its not being used much during the last eight years or so. Even with this lack of frequent activity right now, a third one will be implanted in the near future simply because I know how great it feels just knowing I'll be ready when the opportunities once again present themselves.

Guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who never did experience much post-operative pain. Uncomfortable for awhile? Sure. But painful? No.

FYI: Be sure to not use a riding mower during the first several weeks of getting a penile implant, as the vibration can cause the pump to migrate upwards. It may not happen with you, but it sure did with me.

Young guys need to know that implants do not last forever and will probably eventually need to be replaced. But as those of you who already have one know, it's well worth having it. Admitting my impotence to my physician, as it turns out, is one of the best decisions I ever made.

Hi JerGeezer, you have said that your second implant lasted fourteen years becouse you didn't use it too much. Could you say me how often did you use it? Thanks.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:09 pm

indy38 wrote:
JerGeezer wrote:I'm a new guy to this board and posted this on the Introductions and Hellos section. It was suggested that I repost it here.

Hi JerGeezer, you have said that your second implant lasted fourteen years becouse you didn't use it too much. Could you say me how often did you use it? Thanks.

Wow, 14 years, that's a long time. Your LGX is going on 5 years, good to hear. I use mine around pnce or twice a week.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 am

Have you had implants for 22 years woow, have you lost lenght or you had any problem with the revisions?
Everything is ok with your implant actually?
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Your post is encouraging. Knowing they last so long, and you can have a revision.
There is another thread that speaks doom and gloom.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8661&p=66688#p66688

So your post gives a lot of encouragement.
Glad you have done well, and are looking for number 3 :)
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:43 pm

treetop wrote:Knowing they last so long, and you can have a revision.

I call my second one a "replacement" rather than a "revision," because nothing was done incorrectly with either implant.

Return to “Implants”