first inflation of titian

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proactive

first inflation of titian

Postby proactive » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Dr . Kramer inflated me for the first time today. Curve went away. He got me to 4.5 inches long wiich is an inch and a half longer than he sent me home with. He thinks I will be closer to 6 than 5 in about 2 months. He put 21 cm in me. I wa so seeing stars from him squeezing the pump. Used it when we got home. Very painful for me in the taint area. I guess that is the area that the rear of the cylinder s are 0utting pressure on. Guess that will take a while to toughen that area up. I measured the circumference a few min ago 80 percent deflated and it is almost 5 inches. Bigger when pumped but still smaller than I was before. That should come back to full size or more soon.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

bob1138

Re: first inflation of titian

Postby bob1138 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:45 am

Proactive,
First, congratulations on your new Titan Implant.
I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004.
The Titan completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
I wish you a lifetime of enjoyment with your new Titan Implant.
One suggestion, to avoid scratching your scrotum during inflation and deflation, keep your fingernails trimmed short.
Best of Luck,

Bob

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:24 pm

proactive wrote:He thinks I will be closer to 6 than 5 in about 2 months. He put 21 cm in me.

General rule-of-thumb is 1/3 internal ... 2/3 external ... so 14 cm = 5.5"
Used it when we got home. Very painful for me in the taint area.

Very typical ... usually from pumping too much just prior to sex. Try pumping until it's just uncomfortable ... then add a pump or two as needed. Save the "max pumping" for rehab ... you'll find out in time that "max pumping" is not needed for sex.

Sounds like you are making great progress ... keep it up (pun) ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:
proactive wrote:He thinks I will be closer to 6 than 5 in about 2 months. He put 21 cm in me.

General rule-of-thumb is 1/3 internal ... 2/3 external ... so 14 cm = 5.5"

The problem with a "rule-of-thumb" is that its just that, and not necessarily indicative of what actual results are. Here are a couple a real life data points.

1) I have a 22cm Titan, and have a 6.5" erection, pressed to the pubic bone (BPL or bone pressed length). Doing the math, thats 75% or 3/4 external. Of course, measured to the skin and not the pubic bone, its less. There are several others who have reported on this board who have 22cm Titans who are also about 6.5".

2) I corresponded a while ago with another patient of Dr Eid who had a 20cm Titan, who is 4.5" BPL, and 4" measured to the skin. That's about 57% external (BPL). He reports that the tips of his Titan are well into the glans, and the fit seems good, so this doesn't seem to be a case of an undersized unit.

Are these actual data points indicative of the full range of results? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if the real world range is greater than 57% to 75% external.

If my math is right, 57% of 21cm translates to about 4.7", and 75% of 21cm is 6.2".
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Steven1111

Postby Steven1111 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Just another comment on the Rule of Thumb and size. I measured 5 1/2" bone pressed before surgery. 12 weeks ago I had an AMS CX with 16cm of length and 2cm of extenders installed. Now after 7 weeks of pretty aggressive pumping I'm up to almost 5 3/4" in length. How is this possible with a CX which doesn't expand in length? It's sure more than 2/3 external. I should be closer to 5" I think, but I'm not. So much for Rules eh? You'll get what you get it seems to me.

Good luck to all,
Steve
"Life is uncertain - eat dessert first!"
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

proactive

Postby proactive » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 pm

yea. with 21cm I think I will get closer to 5.5 than I am right now. Everything down there is still very far forward. Feels like I have a snow plow mounted on the front of a truck. the base of my penis is almost 3 inches in front of where I think it should normally be. When I ook at it from the side every thing looks puffy still. Not just the regular fat pad size. Not sure if I will need to have the pump relocated in the future or not. That seems like I will be slapping my wife in the ass with it before i get all the way in as it is pretty far forward. I have not begun pumping regularly on my own yet. Everything is calming down but still very very very sensitive when I try to squeeze anything. Today is 6 weeks exactly. Last night was the first night I was able to sleep without feeling like the right side of the release pads was going to poke through the skin when I turn on my side. Just a slow healer I guess. I was hoping to be one of the ones to have resumed a regular sex life by this point.

proactive

Postby proactive » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:47 am

Update from last night. I stated that I was too sensitive to pump or deflate. got my prescription for Lyrica filled last night. Within 4 hours of taking the pill I was able to touch everything with much much less pain. About an hour ago I was able to get 3 solid pumps in before the bulb was too difficult to squeeze. Not from the pain but for the pressure required to continue. (the bulb got very hard). I will try again later.

The good news is I think the Lyrica may have helped me. I used to take it about 2 years ago for my nerapathy but I put on weight like a freight train when I did so I quit taking it and have just learned to live with it. I know that it is supposed to be one of those medications that takes time to build up in your system but for me it has always worked more like a pain pill. I usually felt relief within a few hours of taking it. When I started to take it twice a day I did not seem to get anymore relief at night but I started gaining pounds.

I asked for the prescription because I have been having so much trouble sleeping. When my implant was not poking me, my feet or my hands would be banging away with jolts of pain or just tingling so much that it kept me awake. I use to be able to ignore it when I slept on my belly, I could get to sleep before everything started firing up when I stopped moving, but sleeping on my side or my back takes me longer to get to sleep so I tried the Lyrica again and it seemed to have knocked the edge off the pain around the pump and the release pads.

So now I think I can start cycling the titan without feeling like I am putting my skin in a vice.

katsboytoy

Postby katsboytoy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Two questions, what are extenders and I wasn't aware that the implants went into the head?
God luck to all of you and hope your discomfort is short lived. Have your wives/partners expressed anything...Tom..
71 yrs young. Widower. Seed implants in 97 (Last Woodie) for Prostate Cancer.
4/20/12 Started PGE-1,20 units. Now using 25.
8/10/12 Started Tri-Mix#9, 30 Units.
Kathie wants it 24/7....

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:56 pm

katsboytoy wrote:Two questions, what are extenders and I wasn't aware that the implants went into the head?

They are actually called "rear Tip Extenders" ... the Implant cylinders comes in various lengths measured in centimeters. When the surgeon measures you for size, if your size is different from the actual cylinder size ... the URO can use the extenders to make up the difference.

Example ... I measured 24 cm, however the AMS cylinders only go to 21 cm ... so the surgeon adds 3 cm extenders for a total of 24 cm. Yes the cylinders are placed right into the glans (head) to prevent the head from flopping ...

product.jpg
product.jpg (192.77 KiB) Viewed 7756 times
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

proactive

Postby proactive » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Thursday will be week 8. At week 6 I started pumping. Even though I had clearance to do so since week 3, it was just too painful to squeeze. I have noticed that the hard ring around the base of the shaft that prevented me from getting anywhere close to a BPL measurement has softened up a great deal over the past 36 hours and I am able to reveal more of the shaft now when I press. Still about an inch or two of swelling in the Fat pad beyond the normal fat in that area. I have not measured it since this occurred but I thinking I am getting very close to 5 at this point. I was only a tad over 3 when I came out of surgery.

I am having a problem with the location of the pump. It is high, tight and very forward. I don’t recall it being like this the first week or so. It is interfering with sex because of its location. I emailed Dr. K about it and he emailed me back in 5 min flat asking me to come see him this week or next so that he can take a look at it in person to see what is going on. I don’t know if it will need to be surgically moved down and back or what will happen, but I will find out next week. I see him next Friday. I recall other people having issues with where their pumps settled in at, but don’t recall any answers. I know that HARD DRIVE had a similar issue that they corrected with a different doctor and a different surgery. Mine did not start here, but it seems to have ended up here even though I tried pulling down on it. Seems like my body has been reeling it in. I also have the new zero degree Titan. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it or not. As I understand it the tubes come out of the cylinders at a different angle than they did before.

I seem to be on the turtles pace for recovery, but it still gets a little better each day.

Return to “Implants”