Coloplast Titan pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jamesgilbert

Coloplast Titan pain

Postby jamesgilbert » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:03 pm

I have the Coloplast Titan post 10 weeks, my testicles seem to look like they get bruised and sore as I walk around during the day and the skin at the pump gets real tender and sore but after I get my pants off in the evening and relax it goes away, in the morning everything feels great no pain but as I wear pants and walk around it starts over again, but I think it is getting less painful as time goes by.
Doc says its just nerves healing back but going on 3 months seems like a long time from other peoples stories.
Anyone else experience this ?
Jim

inthezone

Re: Coloplast Titan pain

Postby inthezone » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 am

My AMS surgery was February and now, 5 months later, I'm just now getting back into my regular pants (34 waist) and I can only tolerate them for a half a day. For the last few months, I've been wearing 36 waist pants, very baggy but at least comfortable. And I paid $40 to get some 36 waist paints tailored and keep room for crotch comfort.

About 3 months after the implant, I tried to wear my regular blue jeans from before surgery and actually got a friction blister on my shaft. But at 5 months I can wear the same jeans ok.

The pain you're describing sounds similar. Sometimes I get sudden bursts of a stabbing pain in the scrotum and/or shaft. Hard to make sense of it, but repositioning helps and it goes away in a minute or two. That's happening less and less.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:22 am

I had a similar experience, but after some more time passed everything settled down. I think another couple of weeks will show a lot of improvement.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

jamesgilbert

Postby jamesgilbert » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks I thought I was the only one still having pain after 3 months.
jim

fnrldir07

Postby fnrldir07 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:50 pm

I got my titan on June 28th and as of July 24th I can only wear basketball shorts with no underwear cause it hurts to much. I get a lot of looks and smiles because since the implant it kinda looks semi erect. I hope it gets better soon as I go back to work on monday 7/29/13 and have to wear suit pants everyday for at least 8 hours sometimes longer. I still take pain meds on occasion.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 pm

fnrldir07 wrote:I got my titan on June 28th and as of July 24th I can only wear basketball shorts with no underwear cause it hurts to much. I get a lot of looks and smiles because since the implant it kinda looks semi erect. I hope it gets better soon as I go back to work on monday 7/29/13 and have to wear suit pants everyday for at least 8 hours sometimes longer. I still take pain meds on occasion.

You might wear pants with pleated front to make things a bit less visible. Otherwise when the women at work notice they might start trying to seduce you and you will have difficulty getting any work done. :)

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Steven1111

Postby Steven1111 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:00 pm

I hit 11 weeks yesterday with my AMS CX. I'm still having what I think is too much pain. It hurts to have sex or masturbate and it even hurts some when I'm just sitting here sometimes. I also get those strange shooting pains that last a few seconds and then go away. Weird... But it is getting better slowly, very slowly. I guess we're just slow healers, eh? I have hopes that it'll keep getting better and that in time I'll be happy but now I'm still a bit peeved at the pain and wish it'd back off. I can relate to what you're going thru. I never go without underwear now cause it's too tender to let it rub against my jeans. I used to never wear the things. Now I have to. It does help tho so it's worth it. I got the string bikini from Jockey and it's very erotic to wear, is almost like wearing nothing at all and holds me in place nicely so I don't mind. Good luck to you and hang in there, so to speak.... It's just a matter of time and you'll be OK. You're Not the only one still suffering.

Cheers and good luck in healing well and having less pain, :)
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

fnrldir07

Postby fnrldir07 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Yes I to get the shooting pains that last a couple seconds. I have been cycling my Titan everyday sometimes 2 times a day. It is a little painful, but I tried what the one guy did on here sitting in a bath tub of warm water and I used a heating pad for at least 5 minutes and it made it hurt less to pump it up. I just hope my length comes back I went from about 8 inches and thick to about 4 inches and still thick. My cylinders don't go into my head so i have a lot of sensation in my head. I also am having problems getting the pump into the scrotum which i was instructed to keep working the pump down into the scrotum and this has been unsuccessful and I know have what looks like 3 testicals except the third "the pump" is connected at the base of my shaft so its really noticeable.

jonkchicago

Postby jonkchicago » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Does anyone get pain in the scrotum from the deflation button portion of the pump? Not the bulb part but the portion just above, the square portion? It's been almost 3 months and I still get soreness and pain from what feels like the sides "scraping" the inside lining of my scrotum. For a while I was able to slightly turn the mechanism and it stopped but the past couple of days no matter how I reposition I am getting that feeling. Wondering if anyone else has that. It's weird to sit and feel this "block" in one's scrotum.

Thanks

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:28 pm

No I'm not a stockholder in this company, but I highly recommend the Papi cotton jockstraps. I have worn them since three months out after going through about 120 bucks worth of various type of underwear from the mundane to the bizarre. I am now at almost 5 months (Procedure on July 13th, and I can tell you that it initially hurt like crazy) and I now have no pain whatsoever. Unlike boxers, they hold it in place for wearing under jeans and the like. And unlike briefs, boxer briefs, bikinis, thongs, etc, the straps have GIVE and they allow the penis to stick out without pain.

I have a Titan Zero Degree 18 cm with 1 rte.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Return to “Implants”