Implant Prep Supply (ice/ heat packs)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bxguy1

Implant Prep Supply (ice/ heat packs)

Postby Bxguy1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm soon to get a Titan implant on May 7th and I've been researching what to expect and how to prepare. I've read on many posts that heat and Ice are very helpful. Ice the first 2 or few days and heat later on when dealing with pain. Most suggest hot socks (with beans or rice then microwaved) for heat and ice bags or bag of frozen peas.. they all sound good and I'm not saying not to use them but in the middle of the night if you need relief is it practical to microwave a rice sock or have a cooler next to your bed with ice or frozen peas? I was recommended this by a happy 2 year implantee:

On Amazon search for Heat Wave Instant Reusable Heat Packs - $35 for a 4 pack or $25 for 1 large (5" x 9"). benefit is that they can be at your bedside and when you need it you just press a disc in the pack and it will heat up nicely! The next day you can re-charge by boiling for 10 mins then let cool.

Also for cold packs they sell Dynarex Instant Ice Packs- 24 pack (6" x 9") $17.00- same principle but they are not re-usable. Last for 20 mins or so and at $17 for 24 the price is not bad for disposable use!

If anyone has had a bad experience with these products please advise.
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

Dave92014

Re: Implant Prep Supply (ice/ heat packs)

Postby Dave92014 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I used a standard electric heating pad for the heat part. The advantage of that over the heated sock is that the pad remains at the temp forever. The sock might conform to where you want it better but the heating pad worked for me. Also I used a throw pillow between my knees at night while sleeping on my side in order to give some space to my scrotum.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”