Center of Excellence on West Coast?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JDavid

Center of Excellence on West Coast?

Postby JDavid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 am

Surely there is one between San Diego and Seattle. Any leads or experiences? Thanks.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Dave92014

Re: Center of Excellence on West Coast?

Postby Dave92014 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:33 pm

JDavid wrote:Surely there is one between San Diego and Seattle. Any leads or experiences? Thanks.

I would recommend the Urologist who did my implant surgery. Dr. John Greisman in Encinitas, California (a suburb just north of San Diego.) He has been my Urologist for 15 years and also did my open abdomen partial prostectomy for BPH 9 years ago. He is very caring and very cautious. He has been doing penile implants for 30 years and said he has done about 1000 of them. He said due to the techniques he has developed to prevent infections his rate of infections is down to 0.5%.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks David. Can you tell me more about his protocol?
Dave
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 pm

JDavid wrote:Thanks David. Can you tell me more about his protocol?
Dave

He uses either the Titan or the AMS, depending on what he thinks is best for your anatomy. He did the AMS for me. He uses the AMS CX, not the LGX. He told me that if the surgeon measures well there is no need for the LGX. The hospital he uses is Scripps Encinitas, which is a smaller hospital associated with the larger Scripps hospital in San Diego. I was satisfied with the care and operation at the hospital. He kept me overnight after my surgery and Dr. G. came in at about 9:30AM, removed my catheter, checked me out and sent me home. I saw him twice before my surgery, once when I discussed the problem and he suggested the surgery, and then once for pre-op tests and instructions. He saw me in the office after the surgery at weeks, 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10. He might have seen me more often but he was away on Thangsgiving vacation on week 3 and I was away on week 8 - 9 for Christmas travel. I had a concern on Sunday five days after my surgery so called his office, got a message with his cell phone number, and called his cell phone. He called me back within 30 minutes and after discussing my issue, told me to come into the office on Monday instead of my scheduled Tuesday appointment. So I think he was very good about taking care of me. He has also done two prostate needle biopsies on me so we have a long history together. His "operation" is small, he has one nurse and one other medical assistant lady in the office. He brought in another urologist to my surgery as his assistant surgeon. He also had a tech from AMS in the surgery with a bag of parts to make sure that he had any part that he might need during the surgery. He does not allow any non-essential people in the surgery, such as med students, as he is very concerned about preventing any source of potential infection. I am on Medicare and have a medigap policy. The only money I had to pay for the whole surgery was $6 co-pay for the post-op pain and antibiotic pills. I think the cost of his pre-op and post-op office visits are all included in the price of the surgery as I have not seen any separate bills for them go through the insurance.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Wow! Thanks for the detailed response. I will definitely keep him in mind.

Stickmn000

Postby Stickmn000 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello
Dr greisman did mine 5 weeks ago and I am very pleased with the results. I had one from another doctor in nov 2012 that needed to be replaced. Wish I had known of dr greisman then. He is very caring and I healed very quick and never any pain. Hope this helps

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 am

Stickman, thanks for responding. Having a point of comparison is particularly helpful.
Dave

Return to “Implants”