AMS 700 cx pump is sutured so high it’s touching the shaft…

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GoNavy

AMS 700 cx pump is sutured so high it’s touching the shaft…

Postby GoNavy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 am

The entire pump itself seems like it’s going to interfere with sex because it is directly right under the shaft of the penis. The entire pump mechanism is so high that 2 inches of the shaft will be blocked. Pulling down the pump mechanism simply doesn’t work, it is sutured into place.

This next part is exactly what the surgeon wrote:
s/p IPP via PS approach on 4/9/24 (AMS 700cx, 21+0, 90cc RLQ SOR, (Pump in Mid HS, Sutured into place)

There it is in plain English. Friday I get to see his physicians assistant to hopefully address this problem properly.
The surgeon actually confided in me the first day post-op that he doesn’t do too many of these via the penal scrotal approach but mostly the infra pubic approach.
Damn, I really feel like a dumbass right now.
U.S. Navy Veteran, Age 47. April 09 2024 implant surgery by Dr. Blick in Phoenix Arizona, via Penoscrotal method AMS 700 CX 21cm 0 rte. Measurements identical to before surgery- no loss- possibly larger at glans area and 2cm below.

wolfcreek

Re: AMS 700 cx pump is sutured so high it’s touching the shaft…

Postby wolfcreek » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

Sounds similar to mine. I think the surgeon misjudged the implant placement/tube length. Difficult to have sex because of the pain that comes from having my partners body slamming the pump/testicle.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 am

To all others out there, this is exactly why everyone says use an experienced high volume Dr! Hate to hear stories like this! Possibly a minor surgery to cut sutures holding it in place? If there’s enough tubing to let it hang a little lower….mine was done infrapubic and my pump rides low down in my scrotum and floats around like my nuts. I can pull it up to the top or let it hang. I like the way it just swings loose as this makes it easy to rotate it at whatever angle I need to get a grip on it. Sorry again that your stuck with this high riding pump. Possibly it’s just adheared to the wall and could be worked loose. Good question for the assistant. Good luck.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm

Yes, Rider you are correct, mine also floats low, however after my surgery my Dr. told me to move the pump around daily as not to have the unit adhere to the scrotum. Mine had started and I continued to pull it off the scrotum wall. That was 4-5 yrs ago, and I always while it worked would move it around. Can't wait till my next one, it is depressing not being able to have sexual penetration with my wife.
Age 63, diabetic , heart disease, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm

Dr. Blick is a high volume surgeon and I thought about having my second surgery with him.

I had somewhat high riding pump after my first surgery with Dr. Goldstein. I think some of it has to do with the length of the tubing. There is a lot of negative views toward rear tips solid extensions but that's what changes how much tubing there is to the pump (and if its short, then the pump will ride high) - at least what i've read and been told. If the length of the tubing was misjudged (bigger implant in a bigger scrotum), they aren't going to open a second implant that's like $10,000 to fix it.

I have a larger scrotum so getting it all the way down was unrealistic, but with my last surgery, Dr. Patel told me Titan implant that is 24 cm or more, the pump is separate and needs to be connected - allows to custom size the tubing to the pump to prevent this and make sure it gets real low in the scrotum. fits much better now.
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 pm

Forgot to add! - gently start tugging down on the pump a few times a day (tug and hold for 30 seconds towards the bottom of the scrotum). It can move some in the first few weeks after surgery until it scars in but you may need a pump replacement.
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 pm

I honestly doubt that its sutured in place. I suggest that you check your surgery notes. If you had a proximal measurement that is a little deeper than normal? Most likely your dr used a preassembled implant. This is good in some ways because there isn't any splices in the tubing. But for a man that has a deep proximal measurement. There just isn't enough tubing length to come up out of the penis then over to the pump. As mentioned by another member. A deep proximal along with not needing any RTE's just compounds the short issue.

There is a member that has my exact same implant, same dr with no RTE's. Surgery 2 or 3 months after mine. His pump is too low while mine is too high. Now there is a rumor that AMS has added a longer tubing CX to their line. I think this other member got the longer tubing model. Getting the pump correct is difficult by the time you account for all the variables involved.

Hopefully this will get better for you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm

Just a thought, but they , if there is sutures, may be dissolvable sutures and will release on their own. Either way, talk to the Dr .or PA about it
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 pm

I have the same problem with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear tip extenders. PA said surgeon may consider a minor surgery to correct placement. It’s high and a hard nut where my right one should be. It pushes the real guy back into my body. The surgeon mentioned it before, before I had a complaint. I see him in 3 weeks.

Hate to tempt fate because it’s working well. I lost about 5/8” inch with surgery. After a month of cycling 2X daily with pump on evening session, I think I’m about 3/8” down. None after pumping.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

Return to “Implants”