Caveat emptor: Coloplast does not cover the cost of Titan revision surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LastHope

Re: Caveat emptor: Coloplast does not cover the cost of Titan revision surgery

Postby LastHope » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:33 pm

JohnnyTooBad! wrote:
LastHope wrote:
Have you considered the Malleable option?

No, but if this device fails I would consider either joining or initiating a class action lawsuit against Coloplast, especially considering their unapologetic posture.

I haven’t considered a malleable option yet.

Isn't this the case with all prosthesis companies? Warranty for parts but not for the labor?

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:24 pm

LastHope wrote:
JohnnyTooBad! wrote:
LastHope wrote:Have you considered the Malleable option?

No, but if this device fails I would consider either joining or initiating a class action lawsuit against Coloplast, especially considering their unapologetic posture.

Isn't this the case with all prosthesis companies? Warranty for parts but not for the labor?

I think that warranties only cover the affected part in most industries. I know that I had a car part replaced under a warranty. Of course I had installed it. I gave them the old part & got a new one. The warranty period was 3 years. The 3 year time was not reset.
Years ago I had a friend that bought a "lifetime" set of brakes for his SUV. A wheel cylinder failed.
Upon inspection, all the brake drums were worn oversize. He had to buy all new drums but the brake pads were free. Worst warranty ever in my opinion cause he had to pay the shops price on the drums. If he did the work his self he could of shopped around for cheaper drums.
For what little this is worth. I never let the presence of a warranty affect my purchase decision. Warranties are usually a hassle. At least with no warrany you know where you stand. I buy the best part (usually by brand) whether it has a warranty or not.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
LastHope wrote:
JohnnyTooBad! wrote:No, but if this device fails I would consider either joining or initiating a class action lawsuit against Coloplast, especially considering their unapologetic posture.

I think that warranties only cover the affected part in most industries. I know that I had a car part replaced under a warranty. Of course I had installed it. I gave them the old part & got a new one. The warranty period was 3 years. The 3 year time was not reset.
Years ago I had a friend that bought a "lifetime" set of brakes for his SUV. A wheel cylinder failed.
Upon inspection, all the brake drums were worn oversize. He had to buy all new drums but the brake pads were free. Worst warranty ever in my opinion cause he had to pay the shops price on the drums. If he did the work his self he could of shopped around for cheaper drums.
For what little this is worth. I never let the presence of a warranty affect my purchase decision. Warranties are usually a hassle. At least with no warrany you know where you stand. I buy the best part (usually by brand) whether it has a warranty or not.

Well said.
When my Samsung refrigerator crapped out, the digital compressor warranty was worth $100 and labor was $1000. I bought a new one instead. What a useless warranty!

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 pm

No manufacturer will cover the cost of the service (surgery) itself because they are not involved. Their product is the only they will stand behind...as a warranty. If a pacemaker kept failing and the surgeon kept putting in the same brand, the user better get a lawyer and sue both the surgeon and the manufacturer for a sucky device and stupidity of the surgeon!
Implants are not up there with pacemakers in the sense of life or death situation, but it does involve the same principle if it fails constantly. A good lawyer will definitely come in handy!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Totitoti

Postby Totitoti » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 pm

LastHope wrote:
JohnnyTooBad! wrote:
LastHope wrote:
Have you considered the Malleable option?

Standard procedure in my work, parts have 3 years warranty labor does not, if you look at it more objectively cost itself of the device is low when compared to the whole procedure.
ED Since early 40's used injections for 1 year at 55, implanted by Perito April 19, Titan 24 + 2 rte's
Before implant After
6.75 length 7.00
6.5 girth 5.25

JohnnyTooBad!

Postby JohnnyTooBad! » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 am

Gt1956 wrote:
LastHope wrote:
JohnnyTooBad! wrote:No, but if this device fails I would consider either joining or initiating a class action lawsuit against Coloplast, especially considering their unapologetic posture.

Oy! people.

There's a world of difference between swapping out a vehicle's faulty wheel cylinders and enduring open cock surgery, again. For one, my car doesn't need 5 - 6 weeks to recover from a trip to the garage and two, it doesn't spend it's time post-service feeling like it's parked on a painful, prickly Hippity Hop.

EDIT: Three, you can choose to do vehicle warranty service by yourself. I think I'd pass out if I tried to do implant revision surgery on myself!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm

There is another point to consider. Generally when I get a car part replaced under warranty. They just take my word for the defect.

On the other hand. Coloplast wants to verify that their product actually did fail.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 pm

Curious, how do I find the cost of the device alone? Is it a top secret or something? Even the doctor are not telling it straight!

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:18 pm

LastHope wrote:Curious, how do I find the cost of the device alone? Is it a top secret or something? Even the doctor are not telling it straight!

My titan in 2021 was $9509.49, I paid this via check directly to Coloplast Corp
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 pm

wolfpacker wrote:
LastHope wrote:Curious, how do I find the cost of the device alone? Is it a top secret or something? Even the doctor are not telling it straight!

My titan in 2021 was $9509.49, I paid this via check directly to Coloplast Corp

I'm hearing this for the first time. Thank you. How do I find the price of Coloplast Genesis or Titan One Touch?

Return to “Implants”