A clear dimostration of a Penile Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
easymoney

Re: A clear dimostration of a Penile Implant

Postby easymoney » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 am

I have found little mentioned about either issue with the mallabbles ..

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:06 am

easymoney wrote:I have found little mentioned about either issue with the mallabbles ..

Agreed!
Pressure atrophy theory is a fancy theory spoken by one high volume IPP surgeon.

This theory is not discussed by high volume malleable surgeons.

Malleable erosion is 4.1% compared to 2% in inflatables - Problem solved by going to a competent surgeon.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 pm

I agree ..my dr. is the highest volume implanter of mallabbles in the country besides doing over 300 implants a year average with 50 or so bing mallabbles ..

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Mark1974 wrote:
LastHope wrote:
easymoney wrote:I noticed not one mention of a mallabble implant ... are they not done in Europe? anyone know or heard of them being done?

I'm so glad someone has the same question that I had. Malleables seem like neglected species in the US and Europe!

I don't think they are neglected. I think doctors avoid them because of problems with pressure atrophy and erosion.

But the inflatables always break and put patients at risk with multiple operations.

and your list of cases with those issues with malleables ?
nothing , i have found one case from decades ago that had a broke metal rod .
Meanwhile ,the ipp are constantly in need of repair ,and often over and over as testifed by posts on this site

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am

If government health insurance doesn't cover the cost of IPP in the US/Europe, the global focus would shift entirely to malleables. Due to widespread coverage in the US and Europe, the reality appears skewed! If your wealthy dad pays for your high-end sports car that breaks down a lot, you'll keep buying or riding that darn car your entire life. Isn't that human nature?

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 pm

LastHope wrote:If government health insurance doesn't cover the cost of IPP in the US/Europe, the global focus would shift entirely to malleables. Due to widespread coverage in the US and Europe, the reality appears skewed! If your wealthy dad pays for your high-end sports car that breaks down a lot, you'll keep buying or riding that darn car your entire life. Isn't that human nature?

I understand your point of view. But isn't the real issue that you don't live in a country that covers IPP's? So is this an implant issue or a lack of healthcare issue?

You miss the point that even in the USA there can be significant copays required out of pocket. I was willing to pay cash for mine but waited for insurace coverage. A member here on FT did pay cash for his revision done by my same dr & he got the same implant as me. Best I can tell he isn't from an affluent area of his state.

Many men here have decided to make getting an implant a priority in their life. Even if it means delaying some major purchases.

Even if the malleables were free in the USA? Many American men would still opt for an inflatable. They want an implant that works like their original penis. A malleable only mimics half of their original penis functions.

Back to your car analogy. You can still push your car to your destination if it doesn't run. That is only half of its function. A malleable isn't a complete penis in our opinions.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:38 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
LastHope wrote:If government health insurance doesn't cover the cost of IPP in the US/Europe, the global focus would shift entirely to malleables. Due to widespread coverage in the US and Europe, the reality appears skewed! If your wealthy dad pays for your high-end sports car that breaks down a lot, you'll keep buying or riding that darn car your entire life. Isn't that human nature?

I understand your point of view. But isn't the real issue that you don't live in a country that covers IPP's? So is this an implant issue or a lack of healthcare issue?

You miss the point that even in the USA there can be significant copays required out of pocket. I was willing to pay cash for mine but waited for insurace coverage. A member here on FT did pay cash for his revision done by my same dr & he got the same implant as me. Best I can tell he isn't from an affluent area of his state.

Many men here have decided to make getting an implant a priority in their life. Even if it means delaying some major purchases.

Even if the malleables were free in the USA? Many American men would still opt for an inflatable. They want an implant that works like their original penis. A malleable only mimics half of their original penis functions.

Back to your car analogy. You can still push your car to your destination if it doesn't run. That is only half of its function. A malleable isn't a complete penis in our opinions.

Your assertion sounds biased. I harbor no opposition to one or the other, or discriminate based on one's country. My intention is simply to convey that if one's father finances the acquisition of high-end, yet deeply troublesome, rolling pile of junk sports car, that offer fleeting excitement and luxury, there exists a rationale being irrationally and emotionally biased and NOT favoring the dependable and steadfast Toyota Camry like dependable and highly reliable malleable penile implants that still offers great sex. Life is short. Embrace your Ferrari and revel in the journey, my friend, with tranquility.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:29 pm

You do understand that the money my "father" paid for my "car repair" was part of a lot larger pile of money that I give him on a yearly basis.

My "father" is in fact unemployed, never worked a day in his life. The truth is that he comes to me almost on a daily basis for money. The fact that he sees fit to fix my car won't reduce him asking for more money tomorrow.

It gets even worse in the neighborhood we call the world. If there is a disaster in this neighborhood. All the other "fathers" stare into the sky & say that the rich "father" needs to pay.

As for the cost of my surgery. During my working years I paid my "father" about that sum per year just because I like living in his house. I don't even complain very loudly if he shares some with the other households in our neighborhood. Now that I'm retired, I still pay him alot of money.

I suggest that your real problem with inflatable implants is the fault of your "father" not my "father". Does your "father" listen to you when you complain? I don't think so. That is not the fault of IPP's. Parts of the world have figured out how to make malleables at a reasonable cost. A person could argue that the lack of a 3rd world IPP reflects that the end cost wouldn't be much cheaper than in the USA/Canada/Western Europe. The math is simple. I read that the implant itself costs less than $10k. Of course a stick of flexible plastic will be cheaper. Why no 3rd world IPP's?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Uncle Bill

Postby Uncle Bill » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:08 pm

easymoney wrote:I agree ..my dr. is the highest volume implanter of mallabbles in the country besides doing over 300 implants a year average with 50 or so bing mallabbles ..

Easymoney who is your doctor?

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 pm

Dr. Carrion in Tampa Fl. at USF .. he is quite famous for implants.

Return to “Implants”