Worried about capsule formation and peyronie’s -Day 3 post-op and want to start cycling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GoNavy

Worried about capsule formation and peyronie’s -Day 3 post-op and want to start cycling

Postby GoNavy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:05 pm

I know it’s pretty early from what I’ve been reading on these forums. I’ve read some conflicting information - one doctor said on day three post-op to start cycling. Another says maybe a week, another says 10 days, other doctors say three weeks. At 100% inflation there was almost no curvature, but now deflated at 50%. There’s major curvature again and I just don’t want this to be permanent. I’m afraid of the capsule formation that I keep reading about and I’ve been walking around so damn much - I’m not really sure if I’m doing more harm than good.
I’m swollen to about a grapefruit, but I can feel the pump and I can feel definite ridges along the pineapple shaped part of it. I think I can feel the deflate button and the cross shaped edges-Dr Blick pushed on the incision to deflate it to about 50%. He did the penal scrotal approach, which is the only incision I have that was made is about an inch across the front of the scrotum. I’m wondering maybe if I should take the pain and just give it a try. *****OK, that would have been a really bad idea- maybe the pain medication had an effect on decision making… Vicodin is stronger than I remember. No more trying to figure out stuff while taking Vicodin for now on.*****
U.S. Navy Veteran, Age 47. April 09 2024 implant surgery by Dr. Blick in Phoenix Arizona, via Penoscrotal method AMS 700 CX 21cm 0 rte. Measurements identical to before surgery- no loss- possibly larger at glans area and 2cm below.

Bent Ben

Re: Worried about capsule formation and peyronie’s -Day 3 post-op and want to start cycling

Postby Bent Ben » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:09 am

Follow doctors orders. If you are swollen you will need to heal up so the swelling goes down.
My penis has a significant curve to the left when flaccid. When pumped up it is gone. Dont worry about the PD coming back.
I started cycling about 12-14 days after surgery due to a large hematoma.
51yo, ED 5 years, 45-50° curve/PD. 22cm Titan, IP with no RTE by Dr Hakky on 9/12/2023.
My comments, suggestions, ideas or routines are for entertainment and satirical purposes only. Do not use any of my ideas, suggestions, routines or advice.

rdnkbiker

Re: Worried about capsule formation and peyronie’s -Day 3 post-op and want to start cycling

Postby rdnkbiker » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:55 am

I had the same worries with my Revision thought we needed to get it done right away to prevent any shrinkage loss the Doc said cant happen that fast i would just do what the doc tells you take it easy takes time.... capsule isn't going to form that quickly ask your doc let him know your concerns

jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:13 am

The thing is doctors are different as are us men. If you do not follow your doctors instructions you are risking infection and a greater loss of size. Your doctor knows his skill level and his approach to this surgery. If you wanted earlier activation you should have gone to a doctor that does that. Even then you may not be able to do the earliest activation due to what the doctor needed to do to place the implant. Relax and follow your doctors instructions as best as you can.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:26 pm

Follow your Doctors orders.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:21 pm

Ea h Dr haves their own thoughts and abilities with an implant. Eid starts his patients at 3 days but that don’t mean you should. Every case is different and only the Dr knows what he had to do and how you are stitched up I’ve recently read about a couple guys that had a herniated cylinder and one of them I think came out the incision site where it was installed. So I wouldn’t do anything that the Dr didn’t approve. My Dr said there was zero complications. I had very little swelling and could identify the pump and release from day one. At my 2 week check up he released me to start cycling as soon as I wanted to, just said make sure you can deflate before pumping it up much. I started the next day and never looked back.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:48 pm

Bent Ben wrote:Follow doctors orders. If you are swollen you will need to heal up so the swelling goes down.
My penis has a significant curve to the left when flaccid. When pumped up it is gone. Dont worry about the PD coming back.
I started cycling about 12-14 days after surgery due to a large hematoma.

Agree with Bent Ben

Follow your Doctors orders to the tee.
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:29 am

Go Navy,
All of us are different on how quickly we heal with penoscrotal or infrapubic implant surgery. My military urologist Major Shane Barney’s protocol was no cycling until after implant training at the 6 week mark. For me it was tough to even pump it up at 6 weeks, I could only manage around 10 partial pumps and it hurt.
I don’t think you have any worries about gaining back length and girth, you have a CX which gets stiffer when fully pumped. I was supposed to have gotten the CX but I think when they did my measurements during surgery they went with the LGX to help me maintain my length, because it expands 25% more.
I was cleared to have sex at 6 weeks but my dick and scrotum were too painful, I waited till week 8 and it was still painful and awkward but it was great to have sex again. It kept getting better each week.
Hang in there Go Navy and follow your doctors protocols.

Keep us updated,
S-Works (Retired Air Force)
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 pm

a lot of questions about cycling on FT. Agree with others - 1st listen to your surgeon. Each have their own schedules for cycling and post surgery care, that works with their surgical technique. Based on my own questions to my surgeon, although it is nice to cycle sooner, if you have swelling and bruising it may be hard for you to get the implant even the 50% inflated early on (within the first 1-2 weeks). That's why he leaves partially inflated to balance the space for the cylinders and the reservoir. Once you start cycling the goal is the push the limits and it should be somewhat uncomfortable for maximum inflation. It seems the true firm surgical capsule could take up to 3 months to completely form.
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

Return to “Implants”