Is this Doc BS?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ShouldIwait

Is this Doc BS?

Postby ShouldIwait » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:45 pm

My Doc says Titans will expand to the limit of your corpora and beyond (only bound/limited by your corpora) but the AMX devices are designed with a matrix sheath such that their max inflation is designed/inherently limited?

So, AFTER MRI, he recommends switching to AMX to "fix" my herniation (rounded bulge the size of small golf ball that is 50-70% larger than prior--much larger than opposing cylinder at that area-- see below)

I haven't heard anything like this anywhere but from his lips?

---background---

From the start my Titan implant would "shrink" or recoil more on the left cylinder that the right when deflated. There was a pointy area at the base of this left cylinder that was modestly uncomfortable. When pumped everything worked fine and was symmetrical.

Later my Implant tore through the incision site (pointy area) such that when deflated it was OUTSIDE the corpora. I tried to inflate, but the issue was obvious. My doc in surgery returned it to the proper location and added new sutures. It worked for a few months...

Now when pumped to the max there is a herniation (rounded bulge the size of small golf ball that is 50-70% larger than prior--much larger than opposing cylinder at that area) in the same area of the prior tear. It is only when MAX pumped, and as many have noted, most women prefer less that max (It is also more confrontable to me-especially after 30 min or so) so I can still have good sex pumped to 90%.
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

Txagq8

Re: Is this Doc BS?

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:30 pm

Surprisingly enough, what he’s telling you is true. Whether or not it’s the right course of action for your situation is up to you, your doctor…I’m not involved.

Here’s my understanding, for what it’s worth.

Both the Titan and the AMS are great products made of materials designed to hold up inside the body for a long time.

The AMS LGX is designed to expand in both length and girth, but there is a built in limit beyond which it will not expand…both in length and girth.

The AMS CX is designed to expand in girth, and once again there is a built in limit beyond which it won’t expand.

The Titans don’t really expand too much in length, about like the CX. However, their girth expansion has no such limitation. The only limits on the girth expansion is the amount of reservoir fluid and the size/lack of stretch in the tunica.

So, if you have a herniated tunica, using an AMS which doesn’t carry with it an unlimited girth expansion makes perfect sense.

This also explains why I lost 1/3” of girth with an AMS. You’ve probably heard the old adages….meat dick vs blood dick. Meat dick owners are showers; blood dick owners are growers. That’s why two expansion limited cylinders no longer expand my girth to fill the corporal bodies the way they once did.

I’m no expert in herniation of the tunica. It doesn’t sound like anything I want to deal with. But unless you have a slab of meat >6” in girth, an AMS product is going to work fine and it will come equipped with limits on lateral (girthy) expansion which sounds like it would be beneficial.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:11 am

ShouldIwait wrote:My Doc says Titans will expand to the limit of your corpora and beyond (only bound/limited by your corpora) but the AMX devices are designed with a matrix sheath such that their max inflation is designed/inherently limited?

So, AFTER MRI, he recommends switching to AMX to "fix" my herniation (rounded bulge the size of small golf ball that is 50-70% larger than prior--much larger than opposing cylinder at that area-- see below)

---background---

From the start my Titan implant would "shrink" or recoil more on the left cylinder that the right when deflated. There was a pointy area at the base of this left cylinder that was modestly uncomfortable. When pumped everything worked fine and was symmetrical.

Later my Implant tore through the incision site (pointy area) such that when deflated it was OUTSIDE the corpora. I tried to inflate, but the issue was obvious. My doc in surgery returned it to the proper location and added new sutures. It worked for a few months...

Now when pumped to the max there is a herniation (rounded bulge the size of small golf ball that is 50-70% larger than prior--much larger than opposing cylinder at that area) in the same area of the prior tear. It is only when MAX pumped, and as many have noted, most women prefer less that max (It is also more confrontable to me-especially after 30 min or so) so I can still have good sex pumped to 90%.

I have read that AMS devices are Tunica independent and the Titan is Tunica dependent. And have seen information posted that the Titan is capable of unlimited girth. However there is a study where the AMS LGX and Titan were compared side by side and inflated and measured. They were also inflated and tested for rigidity. This was outside the Tunica. The Titan even posted a girth measurement for the 18 and 22 cm devices and the 18 cam device had more girth that the 22cm. The 22cm was very close in girth to the 21cm LGX at the max inflation. This is the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/ What I question is how they were able to do that study if the Titan has unlimited girth. Why does the Titans in the pictures and the measurements listed not represent that ballon girth?
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:11 am

Txagq8 wrote:Surprisingly enough, what he’s telling you is true. Whether or not it’s the right course of action for your situation is up to you, your doctor…I’m not involved.

Both the Titan and the AMS are great products made of materials designed to hold up inside the body for a long time.

The AMS LGX is designed to expand in both length and girth, but there is a built in limit beyond which it will not expand…both in length and girth.

The AMS CX is designed to expand in girth, and once again there is a built in limit beyond which it won’t expand.

The Titans don’t really expand too much in length, about like the CX. However, their girth expansion has no such limitation. The only limits on the girth expansion is the amount of reservoir fluid and the size/lack of stretch in the tunica.

So, if you have a herniated tunica, using an AMS which doesn’t carry with it an unlimited girth expansion makes perfect sense.

This also explains why I lost 1/3” of girth with an AMS. You’ve probably heard the old adages….meat dick vs blood dick. Meat dick owners are showers; blood dick owners are growers. That’s why two expansion limited cylinders no longer expand my girth to fill the corporal bodies the way they once did.

I’m no expert in herniation of the tunica. It doesn’t sound like anything I want to deal with. But unless you have a slab of meat >6” in girth, an AMS product is going to work fine and it will come equipped with limits on lateral (girthy) expansion which sounds like it would be beneficial.

I just referred to this study in another thread, but it is relevant here as well. I would agree with what you wrote above from what I have seen on here as well.
But I think this study says something else, for whatever it is worth.
Neither the LGX nor the Titan really expands in girth (well actually the shorter Titans do).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:50 am

newbie443 wrote:
ShouldIwait wrote:My Doc says Titans will expand to the limit of your corpora and beyond (only bound/limited by your corpora) but the AMX devices are designed with a matrix sheath such that their max inflation is designed/inherently limited?

---background---

I have read that AMS devices are Tunica independent and the Titan is Tunica dependent. And have seen information posted that the Titan is capable of unlimited girth. However there is a study where the AMS LGX and Titan were compared side by side and inflated and measured. They were also inflated and tested for rigidity. This was outside the Tunica. The Titan even posted a girth measurement for the 18 and 22 cm devices and the 18 cam device had more girth that the 22cm. The 22cm was very close in girth to the 21cm LGX at the max inflation. This is the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/ What I question is how they were able to do that study if the Titan has unlimited girth. Why does the Titans in the pictures and the measurements listed not represent that ballon girth?

There’s a lot of guessing on my part but my opinion about the cylinders laying on a test table outside a penis that have not been inflated bent a million times and kept max pressure on it for 30 plus minutes twice a day for a year! I was slightly less girth at first inflating but over the months I got to my original 6 inches just out from the base. Recently measured after right at two years and now I have 6-1/4 inches in same place. I never realized it had gotten bigger but it definitely has. Just my opinion and thoughts.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 am

But it wasn't just a laying on the table first time inflating. They did a lot of testing with applying different pressure to demonstrate rigidity. and in none of the pictures do they show any ballooning at the stressed parts of the Titan. I am no expert just someone who is looking and seeing some things that cause me to question what is happening.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Colandria

Postby Colandria » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:55 am

[quote="Txagq8"]Surprisingly enough, what he’s telling you is true. Whether or not it’s the right course of action for your situation is up to you, your doctor…I’m not involved.

I’m no expert in herniation of the tunica. It doesn’t sound like anything I want to deal with. But unless you have a slab of meat >6” in girth, an AMS product is going to work fine and it will come equipped with limits on lateral (girthy) expansion which sounds like it would be beneficial.[/quote

I have a question, so I would have a blood dick according to this. However when erect it Is thickest in the middle and a little less at the top and bottom. Any idea of a titan would allow me to keep that shape? Or would I be stuck at the thinnest area?

Colandria

Postby Colandria » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:56 am

Txagq8 wrote:Surprisingly enough, what he’s telling you is true. Whether or not it’s the right course of action for your situation is up to you, your doctor…I’m not involved.

I have a question, so I would have a blood dick according to this. However when erect it Is thickest in the middle and a little less at the top and bottom. Any idea of a titan would allow me to keep that shape? Or would I be stuck at the thinnest area?

Crazy_Horse

Postby Crazy_Horse » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:49 pm

OUTSIDE the corpora. I tried to inflate, but the issue was obvious. My doc in surgery returned it to the proper location and added new sutures. It worked for a few months...

Now when pumped to the max there is a herniation (rounded bulge the size of small golf ball that is 50-70% larger than prior--much larger than opposing cylinder at that area) in the same area of the prior tear. It is only when MAX pumped, and as many have noted, most women prefer less that max (It is also more confrontable [sic: comfortable?] to me-especially after 30 min or so) so I can still have good sex pumped to 90%.

I note with interest your statement that a previous surgical intervention to repair the herniation failed after a few months. That's because when you fill the cylinders to the point of maximum tolerable pressure, the scar tissue which necessarily develops at the incision point is never going to be as flexible as the healthy tunical tissue. The surgery is set up to fail by virtue of the intended use.

It follows that whatever pressure level manifests in the herniation is the hard limit of your ability to expand without aggravating the site of the injury. Any subsequent surgical interventions to close up this internal wound you're creating by mere use of the implant is going to resolve in more scarring, more relative weakness, and more tearing as you stress the tunica by the mere operation of the implant. This is a vicious, not a virtuous, cycle.

You must accept the herniation as an endogenous, irreparable limitation on your capacity to sustain pressure, going forward. Whatever your penile girth is at that point, that's your penile girth. And if you are planning on living another 25 years, you will refrain from stressing the tunica at all. The idea of an implant which has a limitation below your hernation pressure is the best thing that could happen to you. Be prudent. You're not 25 and you will never be 25 again. You are on the backside of this life. Accept it, be grateful that you are able to enjoy the sexual function that remains, and channel your passion into things that matter when you are on your deathbed. The time between 57 and 77 feels about half as long as the time between 37 and 57. Don't waste it chasing the intense pleasures of youth.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:51 pm

In your situation, I recommend getting another opinion or two and take it from there.

Return to “Implants”