Cycling right away VS Waiting

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MiddleAgedMiami

Re: Cycling right away VS Waiting

Postby MiddleAgedMiami » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:59 am

MovingForward wrote:I have had some consultations with different surgeons regarding implantation.
Some surgeons get you cycling right away and some leave you inflated for weeks before starting.

Is there a strong benefit to either? I am leaning towards the option of deflating/cycling right away so I don't have to live with a 60% erection for weeks and weeks after surgery.

Thank you!

My doctor had me start cycling at 2-weeks, basically on the visit where they removed the staples, they cycled it once and then told me to do it every day, twice a day for 30-minutes each time. But as stated here there are a wide variety of approaches that differ based on surgeons. I think the advice to get with a world-class doctor and follow his instructions is very good advice.
41 Gay man. Had situational ED for 3 years & light venous leak.
Implanted March 2024 by Dr. Cordon at Mt. Sinai in Miami.
22 CM Titan w/ 2 CM RTE on right & 1.5 CM RTE on left. Classic pump
View my implant journal here https://tinyurl.com/yc7et8ht

monkfroot

Postby monkfroot » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:28 pm

newhope wrote:2 inches of difference is a pretty solid performance from the implant, your surgeon sized you very well

Also it seems that you have a very very short crux with those size

What is a crux?
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:43 am

As GT1956 said it’s probably more about the stitches where the implant was installed. Different Drs use different methods. Also a big issue is if the Dr had any complications during surgery! If they had to work thru scar tissue or do any kind of internal repairs this could greatly effect a start date on pumping. I started at 2 weeks and had no issues, but Dr had said it was a straight forward implant and no issues. So better to go with whatever your implanting Dr says
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:01 pm

With Dr. Eid's experienced expertise, I had zero swelling and was easily able to start cycling 3 days post-op after two full days of bed rest and ice. On the third day I began hot baths and cycling with first sex, comfortably, two weeks later. Dr. Eid typically says sex three weeks post op. I jumped the gun just a little with no ill effects.
Four months post op and Dr. Eid recently told me, at my three and a half months exam, to cycle only three times a week plus sex as much as possible.
He, somewhat jokingly, told me that my Titan should last 30 years. I told him that I was really only concerned about the next ten.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Return to “Implants”