Total explant of malleable without another implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
strunza501

Total explant of malleable without another implant

Postby strunza501 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:14 pm

Another of the same topic from a while back. I made a dumb mistake when I was 24 in 1989 with getting a malleable implant. Very uncontrolled diabetic since age 15. The implant failed after 5 yrs from being so active and bending all the time to hide concealment. I’ve had it in for 35 yrs now and it’s completely broken penis. I have no feeling at all due to severe diabetic neuropathy. It’s a dead implant dick. I want it removed completely without another one cause I have severe bladder issues from long term uncontrolled diabetes. I asked this question before and I got some horrible but correct answers. Will I be able to pee if I get it totally removed without having another one installed. Finally ionic said that there will be nothing to fill the void where the spongy tissue was and the urethra will get damaged so I wouldn’t be able to pee. The surgeon that did this back 1989 didn’t tell me that till after the surgery. Wasn’t any internet back then.

Lost Sheep

Re: Total explant of malleable without another implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:49 pm

I am mot sure what your specific question is. But if your diabetes is currently uncontrolled, a surgeon would be understandably reluctant to operate on you. Getting the diabetes under control, then, is your first step.

I imagine that without any implant, your cavernosum tissue will scar up and prevent any implant ever in the future, so this is a decision not to be taken lightly. I also imagine that with the implant removed, your urethra will have a little more freedom of movement, so you might experience some relief from inability to urinate (if that is your problem).

Remember. I am not a medical professional and my second paragraph (above) is speculation from a layman.

Your last sentence confused me. What was it that your surgeon did not tell you until after the surgery?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:56 pm

That’s a question for a qualified surgeon, maybe if you just don’t want it any more and have no desire to use a new one, but they say it would cause major problems if it’s not replaced than at least get a shorter smaller one installed and maybe this would solve the problem of collapse after old one is demoved
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Didnt you post this before or somewhere else? Lol

You had an old implant technology

Id advise getting rigicon rigi10

Return to “Implants”