Pumping and future tech…

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ibfuelish

Pumping and future tech…

Postby Ibfuelish » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:30 pm

If you really look at the technology of these implants, other than focusing on infection reduction… they aren’t clearing 1950’s tech… I’m 3 weeks post implant (AMS) and I am dreading going to the doc to learn how to pump this thing… as I palpate different parts(which looks like jingling my balls :lol: :lol: )… I can even imagine digging around in there and orientating the pump and pushing buttons etc…. Where the hell is the Bluetooth app to control this thing…

“Hey Siri, get me hard!”
57 yo, 20+ years of ED.. no actual diagnosis, just doesn’t work or respond to pills, shots or VED… implanted 1/31/24… 24cm -RTE, AMS 700 CX… slight scarring left corpora. DM2, A1C 6.4, HBP, Hyperlipidemia, 280lbs, 5’11”. Basically Shrek.

wolfpacker

Re: Pumping and future tech…

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:22 pm

All you have to do is search "lithium battery explosion" on YouTube to know that you do NOT want Siri in your ball sack!

Also, our implants are generally MRI safe since they contain almost no metal. I imagine this could change if the pump was electronic.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:11 pm

Inflating is difficult at first. You'll get into the routine soon.
Yes, a Bluetooth inflatable would be awesome, but technology just isn't there yet. Women would probably love the Bluetooth implant. Watching the game and ignoring me? Inflate!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:42 pm

Old Guy wrote:Inflating is difficult at first. You'll get into the routine soon.
Yes, a Bluetooth inflatable would be awesome, but technology just isn't there yet. Women would probably love the Bluetooth implant. Watching the game and ignoring me? Inflate!

Or if they think you might be in the mood for sex. Hiding the remote.
Tech sounds nice. Its given me a car that is a pia to adjust the heat or the ac. Finding a radio station is life threatening. Nice touch screen that requires me to stare at it inorder to touch the correct icon while driving on the freeway.
I get a turbo over pressure warning despite the turbo being very well worn. Replacing the sensor didn't help. I can't find a method to adjust the turbo. Some bug is sending out a false signal.
All this from a $30k mass produced car made by a leading automaker. I can't imagine how bad the programming on a low volume implant would be. Thanks but no thanks from me.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:46 am

The technology hasn't evolved ( imo ) because the product is near perfect for the problem it's solving. Yes improvements may come with the materials used or minor improvements to the pump but really what else do you need !? I don't want a high tech implant with rechargeable batteries in my nutsack ...fuck that . Think of the implant like the invention of the wheel. The original design was the best design.
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

riseagain

Postby riseagain » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:21 am

I'll just use my pump. No bluetooth devise for me.
65 yrs old. Married 38 years to an awesome wife. Implanted on 8/4/2022 Titan 24cm XL. Dr Hakky. Loving the implant so far.

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:19 am

So google, OpenAI and others say we are 2-3 years away from AGI. If true AGI will by definition be smarter than humans and will be responsible for scientific discovery instead of humans and they will be made much more rapidly than ever before. Also, I read brain computer interface is making huge advances and can be used to control select prosthetics today one day younger implantees may have an implant that gets hard just by thought if they don’t elect for full tissue regeneration.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

RJ_in_Pa

Postby RJ_in_Pa » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:04 pm

This has to be one of the most amusing posts I’ve seen yet.

This reminds me of a bunch of buddies (in their early teens) laying around a campfire in sleeping bags and solving all the problems of the world. You guys are great! I love the respectful banter.

Ibfuelish wrote:“Hey Siri, get me hard!”

wolfpacker wrote:you do NOT want Siri in your ball sack!.

Journeyman wrote: I don't want a high tech implant with rechargeable batteries in my nutsack ...fuck that .

I know how badly ED sucks and how serious it is, but you gotta find some humor it when you can sometimes. I got a really good laugh out of this. I read several times and laughed each time. I hope you don’t find my comment offense.
63 Radical Prostatectomy 2023

Ibfuelish

Postby Ibfuelish » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:20 am

I thought I could strike a cord here! Yes, a lithium explosion in my sack would not be a best outcome. Cardiologists implant defib devices that communicate with the outside world with their data… that’s what I was shooting for… alas, mass produced versus low volume is the issue.
57 yo, 20+ years of ED.. no actual diagnosis, just doesn’t work or respond to pills, shots or VED… implanted 1/31/24… 24cm -RTE, AMS 700 CX… slight scarring left corpora. DM2, A1C 6.4, HBP, Hyperlipidemia, 280lbs, 5’11”. Basically Shrek.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:03 am

Some information that might help on this. 1. The electric pump/battery is not intended to be placed in the scrotum. 2. It is intended to be near your waist line under the skin so a recharging device on a belt can be used. 3. other devices for nerve stimulation started out as recharging devices and have evolved to up to 10 year batteries.

And yes there are pacemakers and other electronic stimulators for nerve stimulation that are battery powered and have been on the market for a bunch of years. So this is not really new technology. They are just adapting tech that has been around for years. Kind of catching up with the rest of medical treatments for heart problems, pain, ect...

You can joke about this a bit but how many posts are made about problems with the scrotum? Just think of that being gone and no longer and issue. Most likely even a reduction in infection rates.

Will this happen? I think so. It may as with some other things have problems that need to be worked out. Like the new Coloplast pump. Or the solution the Titan cylinders were first soaked in that had a bit higher infection rate. The newer solution by the way has a bit lower infection rate that AMS. Not sure this will happen before I die but it is the direction of thigs that has been going on in medicine for many years. So much of the joking is way off the actual facts. I even called my AMS rep and ask to be considered for a trial device when I heard about them.

I mean think about it you don't see in the news where a spouse gets mad and hacks a pacemaker. Yup the same jokes were made many years ago about those other devices also.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”