A question from my OCD

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ahuman

A question from my OCD

Postby ahuman » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:06 pm

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. I'm someone who's suffering from OCD for years and years and the topic always switches from one to another. Currently it's something that I saw on youtube about penile implants. The video was from an Indian doctor about complications related to malleable implants. He proceeded to say in the video, that one reason for erosion of the implant is prone masturbation. This has left me with a unending nightmare of confusion and my OCD keeps trying to get some certainty while I can't assure myself no matter what.

The problem is that I don't understand why he chose prone masturbation as an example for erosion. Did he mean that putting pressure on the penis can lead to erosion or did he mean that the rubbing part can lead to erosion or something else entirely? I don't understand no matter how many times I think about this. Right now my head is exploding because of anxiety that if I do get an implant, then I have to be alert at all times and make sure that I never rub any area with my penis because it could lead to erosion. Or make sure that I don't put too much pressure on it but how much is too much, how will I ever know??

It just doesn't make sense to me why he chose that example. I even asked him directly and he said whenever soft tissue is between two hard objects then there will be erosion and damage to the soft tissue.

But doesn't this then mean that rubbing the penis anywhere is going to lead to erosion, no matter what surface because the implant is probably gonna rub against the corpora no matter on what surface the penis is being rubbed against. I'm just utterly confused and previously I was so happy that the option of implants does exist but now I'm just full of anxiety. I don't get it. Why did he choose that example. Any friction that comes from rubbing the penis on the ground can also come from rubbing the penis against the body of a woman. Do I have to make sure that I never rub the dick anywhere or what...And it gets even more complicated when I think of the possibility of lubrication - wouldn't every surface be fine if lubrication is used? And if that's the case then do I have to make sure that I use lubrication absolutely always and the smallest friction without lubrication will destroy my dick because of erosion?....

Please help me someone I know I'm all over the place but I'm seriously losing my mind over this and I need to get peace of mind somehow. I'm sorry for my OCD way of writing this...

Here is the link to the video and the thing I'm concerned about starts at 1:55. You can turn on subtitles for English translation.

https://youtu.be/XA5EmGwpzTM?si=ooWKx5a2aLKJHb8n

I just want to be sure that nothing happens if I rub the penis on the body of a woman or for example if it's between her breasts or something or even if it's just her leg or her face lol whatever.. I need to know otherwise I'll never be at peace. And what if some day I for some reason have to or want to rub it against a hard surface, will I kill my dick then with it or what will happen.... I need to know these scenarios regardless of if I'll ever be in one of them or not because I can't relax until all what if scenarios are proven to be safe.... How will I know what surface is fine and which isn't and how will I know how much pressure is fine or not.

Also this question is related to malleable implants. I just need someone with an implant to tell me that nothing will happen if the penis rubs anywhere on any woman or surface.

Lost Sheep

Re: A question from my OCD

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:01 pm

Welcome to the forum ahuman.

You have my sympathies for your OCD. It is a devastating burden to anyone's enjoyment of life, coloring and shading every experience with its cloud of doubt.

I can assure you that the occasional rubbing on a woman or your hand, if not painful, is not dangerous. If it hurts, don't do it. Prone masturbation, especially if you are rubbing hard against a mattrress compresses your tissues between the mattress and the implant. But no harder than if a man with an erection rubbed on a mattress, compressing the glans between the mattress and his tunica albuginea. Compression of the tissues over a long period of time (like days or months) can inhibit blood flow. Compression of tissues sufficient to abrade skin can cause a wound (which would be immediatley obvious).

You have heard this before: "You are worrying unnecessarily." You know this and I know you know this because you know you have OCD. My telling you all this might be reassuring, but I think will not relieve your mind. For that, you might consider talking to a counselor. (Not necessarily for the erosion question, but for how to deal with intrusive thoughts in general)

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:20 pm

I totally sympathize with the OCD worrying. The main problem with it is that we never know what the future holds and it's rarely the thing we were so worried about.

But when I heard you say that, I was trying to figure it out as well. Maybe because when you are prone and masturbating, you are pulling down (and up) on the shaft. Maybe it was the pulling down part. Just my $.02.

In my opinion, his answer wasn't very satisfactory.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

ahuman

Postby ahuman » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:30 am

Lost Sheep wrote:Welcome to the forum ahuman.

You have my sympathies for your OCD. It is a devastating burden to anyone's enjoyment of life, coloring and shading every experience with its cloud of doubt.

I can assure you that the occasional rubbing on a woman or your hand, if not painful, is not dangerous. If it hurts, don't do it. Prone masturbation, especially if you are rubbing hard against a mattrress compresses your tissues between the mattress and the implant. But no harder than if a man with an erection rubbed on a mattress, compressing the glans between the mattress and his tunica albuginea. Compression of the tissues over a long period of time (like days or months) can inhibit blood flow. Compression of tissues sufficient to abrade skin can cause a wound (which would be immediatley obvious).

You have heard this before: "You are worrying unnecessarily." You know this and I know you know this because you know you have OCD. My telling you all this might be reassuring, but I think will not relieve your mind. For that, you might consider talking to a counselor. (Not necessarily for the erosion question, but for how to deal with intrusive thoughts in general)

Good luck.

I thank you for your response, you are right I have to somehow just let this endless worry happen without trying to get assurance. again thank you sir.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:56 am

One doctor, one comment, one OCD thought. Do not stress over this, please.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:24 pm

ahuman wrote:I thank you for your response, you are right I have to somehow just let this endless worry happen without trying to get assurance. again thank you sir.

You are most welcome.
\KNOWING that worry consumes energy without curing anything is not the same as letting it go.

I pray for you that you will be able to just let the worry evaporate like rainwater after a storm. I know that really heavy downpours do not evaporate by themselves, though, and that is the problem with OCD. The evaporation is not sufficient to prevent the flood damage. (No matter that the damage is entirely self-imposed.) But KNOWING that worry is pointless (by meditation, by proactive action, by whatever means works is effective...even curative.

I recently (am still) got a diagnosis of prostate cancer. I had choices of not worrying and letting my medical care team treat me by the current Standards of Care (SoC) which are quite good and readily available to me. Or letting my own (mild) OCD carry me into fretting and worrying. Or going full-blown OCD and researching endlessly (or nearly so) into medical journals and support groups to reassure myself of my medical choices/treatments. I made the conscious choice to research compulsively (fortunately I was not working when I got my diagnosis, so was free to go into full-time research mode). Unlike true OCD sufferers, my choice was voluntary.

I hope you can find a way to change your choices from involuntary to voluntary.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”