My PT Surgery Progress...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bigdog4all

Re: My PT Surgery Progress...

Postby Bigdog4all » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:54 pm

Operation was a piece of cake. Healing was smooth sailing. Everything worked out better than expected.
The problem........THE PUMP and CYCLE CRAP. All the information and videos are a freaking joke. They all make it seem like you just pump up and like magic, you have a boner. BULLSHYT. There is nothing painless about the pump, especially the AMS 700 pump. Even after 8 weeks, I don't want to touch, jingle, soothe, even have a mental thought of caressing that odd ball. I go back to URO next week. I am so close to asking the URO, unless this thing gets any better, "Can't we just remove it". I see or feel no benefit of this PT thing. It's all just a mental thing. "Pussi has never been worth pain or discomfort". I was under the impression.....Go through all this surgery, heal, and do a simple pump, and like magic, you were 22 again. Totally, all crap. This thing, makes you not even want sex ever again.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Juerhareb

Postby Juerhareb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:16 pm

Bigdog4all wrote:Operation was a piece of cake. Healing was smooth sailing. Everything worked out better than expected.
The problem........THE PUMP and CYCLE CRAP. All the information and videos are a freaking joke. They all make it seem like you just pump up and like magic, you have a boner. BULLSHYT. There is nothing painless about the pump, especially the AMS 700 pump. Even after 8 weeks, I don't want to touch, jingle, soothe, even have a mental thought of caressing that odd ball. I go back to URO next week. I am so close to asking the URO, unless this thing gets any better, "Can't we just remove it". I see or feel no benefit of this PT thing. It's all just a mental thing. "Pussi has never been worth pain or discomfort". I was under the impression.....Go through all this surgery, heal, and do a simple pump, and like magic, you were 22 again. Totally, all crap. This thing, makes you not even want sex ever again.

I must have been quite Lucky. I am two weeks postop and I started yesterday to use the pump. I am not pumping to max yet due top the recommendation of the doctor. However, I have pumped it to pretty usable levels without much discomfort.

For me, the only problem of the pump is that It is clearly noticeable when touched by others.
Late twenties. ED since very early twenties. Unable to have sex.
Implanted 20-03-2024 AMS LGX 21+3 cm. Dr Juan Ignacio Martínez Salamanca (Spain).

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 pm

Bigdog4all wrote:Operation was a piece of cake. Healing was smooth sailing. Everything worked out better than expected.

BigDog, may I make a recommendation?

This is the technique I use when inflating.
I have the same system you have, so I know that "bulb" location pretty well at this point and
I have no problem inflating because my way of doing it actually involves your palm.

I 'll try to describe it as best as possible.
I take my left in a 'finger curled " position under my sack.
(Think of doing an underhand chin -up on a bar)

This hand position allows me to get directly in front of- AND in back of the bulb.
Now you have the ability to really crunch down hard on the bulb.

What I'm reading in your posts sounds more like a tubing issue.
That bulb sounds "Locked" like possibly you have a kinked or twisted line.

At this point of your recovery that bulb should be compressing fairly easily.
I know your frustrated and discouraged, but I promise you ...

When you get these issues dealt with( and you will)
You will be very, very happy.

I'm sorry this has gone down for you like this.
Please stay with us.

Your posts are very important.

Shawn.

AKA- Hikerman
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:53 am

What you’re seeing at 8 weeks sure as hell not normal, based on a good sized sample of LGX guys on this website.

That being said I too hope it’s something like kinked tuning that can most likely be fixed non-invasively. You really won’t know until the Doc takes a look. He may be able to feel around to locate issue (be ready to get groped worse than the TSA) but they might even want some imaging.

The good news, if there is any, is that in the absence of total cylinder failure (and thus doesn’t sound remotely like that) most issues can be fixed pretty easy without invasive procedures where bringing in an infection would be worrisome.

I do agree with the previous poster. Because if our age. Arthritic fingers, slippery bulb in a nutsack—-you need to be thinking of a good way to inflate. In my case I make a “C” with left thumb & forefinger. I grasp pump bulb with that. Like it was in a vise. Then I use right hand to squeeze 75-100 pumps.

I’m not making fun of your situation. I’m just laughing at some of the shit I went thru. At a couple of weeks the scrotal swelling was pretty bad and the PA was giving me some inflate/deflate training and he grabbed one of my balls, thinking it was the pump, and squeezed. Don’t ever do that.

Just because something isn’t right doesn’t mean everything else is wrong nor does it mean that it’ll stay that way. I don’t guess I need to tell you how important it is to not take “no” for an answer with the doctor.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

newhope

Postby newhope » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:23 am

Txagq8 wrote:What you’re seeing at 8 weeks sure as hell not normal, based on a good sized sample of LGX guys on this website.

I do agree with the previous poster. Because if our age. Arthritic fingers, slippery bulb in a nutsack—-you need to be thinking of a good way to inflate. In my case I make a “C” with left thumb & forefinger. I grasp pump bulb with that. Like it was in a vise. Then I use right hand to squeeze 75-100 pumps.

Omg 100 pumps. One of the highest number i read here with lgx 18

I now reach about 50 partial pumps before unbearable pain kicks in (up from 10-20 of the first weeks)… this means i have another 50ish to go…

My poor hand is sore
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pm

Tomorrow, is week 8 / 9 post surgery. The URO wants to start the pumping / cycling / recycling. Still at this point, the pump is not ready. The pump is still as hard as a rock. Does anyone recommend a way to soften up the pump? I will take a hot shower and spray warm water on the sack. What meds do you guys recommend to ease the pain? The entire PT process was fairly mild to easy. But this pump thing. Nothing normal about it. I have access to mostly any pain meds. Legal or illegal. I just don't see how I can lay there while the URO demonstrates on how to use this pump. There is nothing soft or mushy about this pump. It feels like a rock, a rock hard rock. The entire operation is pretty much like everyone says, including the videos. But this pump thing.....NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING COMPARES TO THE PUMP. I just can't see how using the pump, would ever put a person in the mood. You have to be either be drunk or slipped a sex drug to want to use this thing.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 pm

Sorry you're having so much anxiety over your pump. Mine was tough too, but once I got that first pump in it seemed to loosen the bulb up. Hard to describe how I hold the bulb but I still use both thumbs to squeeze it. One hand in a loose fist, the bulb sits on index finger knuckle, other fingers support, both thumbs on top of bulb.
Hopefully your doc will get that first pump for you.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 pm

Bigdog4all wrote:Tomorrow, is week 8 / 9 post surgery. The URO wants to start the pumping / cycling / recycling. Still at this point, the pump is not ready. The pump is still as hard as a rock. Does anyone recommend a way to soften up the pump? I will take a hot shower and spray warm water on the sack. What meds do you guys recommend to ease the pain? The entire PT process was fairly mild to easy. But this pump thing. Nothing normal about it. I have access to mostly any pain meds. Legal or illegal. I just don't see how I can lay there while the URO demonstrates on how to use this pump. There is nothing soft or mushy about this pump. It feels like a rock, a rock hard rock. The entire operation is pretty much like everyone says, including the videos. But this pump thing.....NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING COMPARES TO THE PUMP. I just can't see how using the pump, would ever put a person in the mood. You have to be either be drunk or slipped a sex drug to want to use this thing.

Something I forgot to mention. A lot of people don’t even think about this.

I probably wouldn’t except I ended up taking some courses in fluid dynamics as technical electives 40+ years ago.

Yes, the pump seems hard. It’s new, it is a bit stiff. But it (the pump itself) is not the issue.

Moving fluid into the cylinders is the problem.

Assume an 18 cm LGX. To fill it with no expansion will take 27.2 ml of fluid.

Early on even doing that is a chore. Swelling has no doubt collapsed the cylinders somewhat. Anything you pump is going to have to overcome that.

Then once you’ve reached equilibrium you’re going to have to pump against pressure to stretch the cylinders lengthwise and girthwuse. Yes, the pump is going to feel hard because you’re pumping against pressure. You are raising the pressure within the cylinders to get the implant to expand the way it’s supposed to.

These cylinders are implanted and surrounded by your tissues so they’re not exactly thrilled at you upsetting the status quo. I never had any real pain from this but I could feel fluid moving and I could feel stretch.

Even when I was squeezing a bulb that felt like a rock and I couldn’t make out the slightest indentation my squeeze might have made.

The first squeeze or two of the AMS pump always feels like you’ve broken a barrier or a crystal inside the pump. At first, after that, I couldn’t feel the pump change but I could see my duck change.

At 4 yrs 4 months: I have stretched the tissues therein. I feel the big rush of fluid for a squeeze or two. Then I feel what you’d think is a squeeze for 20-25 pumps. Then I squeeze on a rock for up to 100 little squeezes.

Doing this has me within 1/16th of an inch of my presurgical length and 3/8th of an inch of my original girth.

I’m about to try the VED cycling people talk about. But the bottom line here it isn’t the pump….it’s the nature of what the pump is having to do. Fluid always flows more readily to an area of lower pressure. When you’ve got some pressure in your cylinders, it’s going to be tough to move more fluid in there.

It does eventually work out and they all live happily ever after. As long as Princess Charming keeps a bottle of lube in her nightstand.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Well, looks like we, (URO & I) are getting closer to the problem. The problem is in the RIGHT testicle. The tubes seem to run down that side. The right testicle has that mushy, jello, stuff around the testicle. I think they call it, "the healing jell" around the testicle. That's what I call it. I'm not a doctor. The LEFT testicle is normal. But that RIGHT testicle is mushy and painful to the touch. I was told to message the area and soak in warm tub. Some people take a little longer to heal. It feels like the jelly feeling stuff, is there to help protect the testicle. Does this sound anywhere like anyone has experienced? URO says many take a little while longer to recover / heal. We shall see. On another 4 week heal to see if it gets better. At that time, the URO mentioned might have to trim up that jelly area to help relieve the pain. Does any of this make any sense?

Oh by the way.....the URO pumped it up and down today, I didn't feel a thing. So some things are working and are good.

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm

The URO cautiously pumped me up slightly last week a little. I don't have the nerve to start the pumping. First don't know what to hold, how to squeeze, and it's painful pressing on the ball sack. For some reason, I just don't have the nerve to press / squeeze that ball, while crushing the ball sack. It's uneasy to squeeze. How does one pump the pump without pinching the sack. Most if not all operation pain is gone. The only discomfort now is trying to squeeze the sack. I even tried Ibuprofen & Tylenol before, and socked in warm / hot water. Why is this procedure so difficult? It's hard to be in any kind of sexy mode, squeezing on your nut sack. Help.

Return to “Implants”