Tubing protectors?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SwedishDave

Tubing protectors?

Postby SwedishDave » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:54 pm

Supposedly one of the biggest reasons for revision is the tubes rubbing against eachother leading to breakdown of the material and leakage. I saw a picture from a surgery where they had put a yellow ish rubbery material protecting the 2 tubes from the cylinders to the pump but not the one to the resevoir. Anyone have any more info about this?

As a young guy contemplating implant id like to know that i can run/bike without worrying that the tubes are rubbing against eachother
30 YO,

Hourglass peyronies from stretching. Losing girth.
Several small circumferential fibrosises. Sex and masturbation makes it worse.

Before L: 6.8 G: 5.4
Current L: 6.3 G: 4.8

wolfpacker

Re: Tubing protectors?

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:07 pm

The yellow material is standard on the tubing from the cylinders to the pump: you can see them on the implant I bought online here

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23607&p=222087#p222087

Unfortunately it is a truth that the more friction is on any of the components, the sooner they could wear through the tubing. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't live your life doing the things you enjoy.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:42 am

Dr Eid discusses this issue in this video and how he deals with it.

https://youtu.be/aTQRK4PEbf0?feature=shared
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:51 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:Dr Eid discusses this issue in this video and how he deals with it.

https://youtu.be/aTQRK4PEbf0?feature=shared

Great video!! And I’ve referred to the statement that he makes about the coloplast cylinders being virtually indestructible! Great info! Thanks!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

SwissTalk

Postby SwissTalk » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Dr. Hakky told me the upcoming version of colopast tubing will probably be made of the same material as the cylinders to better protect them from rubbing/friction damage.
34, ED due to venous leak caused by finasteride (PFS syndrome)
Implanted June 2023 by Dr. Hakky
Titan 22 cm, no RTE, penoscrotal

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:01 am

SwissTalk wrote:Dr. Hakky told me the upcoming version of colopast tubing will probably be made of the same material as the cylinders to better protect them from rubbing/friction damage.

Why would it take so long for Coloplast to address an issue that was prevalent for so long. Just now they are deciding to make the tubes of the same material as the cylinders? I would have thought that the entire implant unit would be of the same material.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Return to “Implants”