Maybe headed to revision at 2.5 years

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stayingstrong

Re: Maybe headed to revision at 2.5 years

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:29 am

wolfpacker wrote:Lately I've been have issues with auto-inflation, as in no matter how much I forcibly deflate my implant, it fills back up to uncomfortably full. My original implant, coloplast Titan, was with Dr Eid in summer 2021. I am with a different doctor now, and she has ordered a CT scan first, and then we will talk about a revision.

I could probably live with the auto inflation, but Ive seen it said many times (by Dr Eid and Dr Perito) that you need to be 100% deflated at all times lest you incur tissue atrophy.

I've recorded a video of the sound my reservoir makes as soon as I'm done squeezing the penis to deflate - at around the 5 second mark in this video, I let go of my penis (after squeezing both the penis and the deflate valve) and you can hear the squeaking sound of fluid rushing from the reservoir back into my cylinders, indicating the pump valve is not correctly blocking the flow of liquid. In this video my phone microphone is hovering above my reservoir. Apologies for the views of my hairy white chicken legs!

https://youtube.com/shorts/T2xyBClkmcY? ... CWrVmdDTK8

May I ask why you are not following up with Dr. Eid on this matter to assess and, if necessary, revise the implant?
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:40 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:
wolfpacker wrote:Lately I've been have issues with auto-inflation, as in no matter how much I forcibly deflate my implant, it fills back up to uncomfortably full. My original implant, coloplast Titan, was with Dr Eid in summer 2021. I am with a different doctor now, and she has ordered a CT scan first, and then we will talk about a revision.

I could probably live with the auto inflation, but Ive seen it said many times (by Dr Eid and Dr Perito) that you need to be 100% deflated at all times lest you incur tissue atrophy.

I've recorded a video of the sound my reservoir makes as soon as I'm done squeezing the penis to deflate - at around the 5 second mark in this video, I let go of my penis (after squeezing both the penis and the deflate valve) and you can hear the squeaking sound of fluid rushing from the reservoir back into my cylinders, indicating the pump valve is not correctly blocking the flow of liquid. In this video my phone microphone is hovering above my reservoir. Apologies for the views of my hairy white chicken legs!

https://youtube.com/shorts/T2xyBClkmcY? ... CWrVmdDTK8

May I ask why you are not following up with Dr. Eid on this matter to assess and, if necessary, revise the implant?

I texted him about it but he didn't answer. I've texted him maybe 3 other times over the last 2.5 years and he has always answered other than this time. Maybe he doesn't want to do a revision since I am still within his "3 year guarantee"
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:34 pm

sparky123 wrote:7 weeks out of surgery.

I am keeping my AMS 700 LGX about 75% inflated with the idea that scar tissue is forming now and for several months -- and I don't want it to restrict expansion during inflation.

"If your implant is partially inflated during the day, it will put pressure inside your tissue and cause the tissue to atrophy away."

I don't understand how keeping inflation could result in tissue atrophy. By comparison, malleable implants are fully "inflated" 24/7 -- I've never heard that this causes tissue atrophy. If it did, it would definitely be a factor against malleables.

Again, please provide links to references, Youtube vids, etc. Thanks!

If you don't deflate the surgical capsule will form around the reservoir restricting your ability to deflate. At least that's my understanding. That's why it's important to cycle, both for the cylinders AND the reservoir
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

sparky123

Postby sparky123 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:16 am

Imho, there needs to be much more clarity about the effects of surgical capsules and how they interact with the various parts of the 3 piece system. A capsule apparently is going to form whether the parts remain inflated, deflated or are cycled. Cycling would not seem to affect the capsule because it is not flexible (I presume) -- it is going to form around the deflated or inflated parts. Cycling would seem to have the effect of just breaking the capsule.
AMS 700 LGX December 2023.

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:30 am

sparky123 wrote:Imho, there needs to be much more clarity about the effects of surgical capsules and how they interact with the various parts of the 3 piece system. A capsule apparently is going to form whether the parts remain inflated, deflated or are cycled. Cycling would not seem to affect the capsule because it is not flexible (I presume) -- it is going to form around the deflated or inflated parts. Cycling would seem to have the effect of just breaking the capsule.

I believe there IS information on it . All these high volume surgeons have videos on the importance of cycling and why . The capsule is not flexible when it's fully formed that's why while it's forming you keep expand both the cylinders and reservoir. Think of it as giving your body an outline of the size capsule it needs to build. A blueprint if you will . :lol:
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

sparky123

Postby sparky123 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:31 pm

"The capsule is not flexible when it's fully formed that's why while it's forming you keep expand both the cylinders and reservoir."

That seems to be an argument for maintaining expansion of the cylinders virtually all the time -- so that the capsule forms around the cylinders in their expanded state. Cycling (and being deflated 95% of the time) would not do that.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:28 pm

sparky123 wrote:"The capsule is not flexible when it's fully formed that's why while it's forming you keep expand both the cylinders and reservoir."

That seems to be an argument for maintaining expansion of the cylinders virtually all the time -- so that the capsule forms around the cylinders in their expanded state. Cycling (and being deflated 95% of the time) would not do that.

If you do that then the capsule around your reservoir will be too small and you won't be able to deflate in the future.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

sparky123

Postby sparky123 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:45 pm

But that leads to a Sophie's choice.

For about four months after surgery either:

-- remain inflated so that the surgical capsule forms around the expanded cylinders (but then being unable to deflate because the surgical capsule around the reservoir has formed around the emptied reservoir). Basically, you have a malleable.

-- or --

-- remain deflated for four months after surgery and the surgical capsule forms around the unexpanded cylinders (and being unable to inflate because the surgical capsule around the reservoir has formed around a full reservoir). Again, cycling seems a strange choice because it would only work to break the capsule...

Again, I'm surprised that this issue apparently has not been resolved, except for hearsay that someone someone once heard once say something...

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm

sparky123 wrote:But that leads to a Sophie's choice.

For about four months after surgery either:

-- remain inflated so that the surgical capsule forms around the expanded cylinders (but then being unable to deflate because the surgical capsule around the reservoir has formed around the emptied reservoir). Basically, you have a malleable.

-- or --

-- remain deflated for four months after surgery and the surgical capsule forms around the unexpanded cylinders (and being unable to inflate because the surgical capsule around the reservoir has formed around a full reservoir). Again, cycling seems a strange choice because it would only work to break the capsule...

Again, I'm surprised that this issue apparently has not been resolved, except for hearsay that someone someone once heard once say something...

The third option is cycling, which alternates both the cylinders and reservoir being full, thus making sure their capsules can be continually stretched out during formation

sparky123

Postby sparky123 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:16 pm

If the resulting surgical capsule is not flexible (as stated above), then cycling will not solve this problem. It cannot be both deflated and inflated. And apparently it cannot stretch once it is established.

Return to “Implants”