Me & My Genesis Malleable

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rufian

Re: Me & My New Malleable

Postby Rufian » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:44 pm

Nobody said that malleable cant fail, but it will outlive any inflatable out there. There are people who have had the older malleables for decades and died with them, cadavers at medical school most of them have this type of implant.

Would it be nicer to have an inflatable that would last as long as and have almost zero chance to fail?

Hell yeah, but the technology does not exist today.

This is the best that exists today. Failures happen be cause the implant hasn’t been refined yet to prevent them

As such is NOT a good bargain, especially for people without Medicare and insurance that would cover most if not all of it.

If I was 65 with medicare and supplemental, i would get the inflatable, medicare will pay for revision

Its easy to say ohh malleable is crap, get the inflatable is superior when you didn’t pay cash for yours

Most people here and on other groups have not paid full pocket in cash for their implants in a way they take them for granted as it didn’t cost their sweat and blood from working years

As an average fella who is not rich and just having an average job i cannot afford revisions theyre too expensive this surgery out of pocket is more expensive than most hair transplants

From financial perspective the malleable makes more sense more bang for your buck you get more peace of mind that is less likely to fail etc

Would be nicer to have an inflatable that is bulletproof that is dream that does not exist today

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:56 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:
thedriver wrote:
Stayingstrong wrote:I don't care what the material is, all materials fatigue under repetitive bending and straightening which ultimately leads to breaking.
Big deal, the companies offer a lifetime warranty. It costs virtually nothing in raw material to make the implant so to market it better, why not give a lifetime, false security, warranty. They made their money on the first one.
They don't cover the expensive part being the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and hospital.

Exactly right the expensive part is the surgeries and everything that goes along with it, in my eyes that much more reason to go for the most reliable thing, after having four ipps it was time to try something different, might not be for everyone but it's right for me for right now

Were all of these done by the same surgeon and/or surgeon affiliates or did you change surgeons and/or facilities?
Were they high volume implanters?

Yes same surgeon, once you get some revisions under your belt so to speak, you kind of find yourself committed to sticking with them for the simple fact that not all surgeons do revision, and not all surgeon do revision on other surgeon implants.
And yes he is in the high volume implant bracket.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:01 pm

Rufian wrote:Nobody said that malleable cant fail, but it will outlive any inflatable out there. There are people who have had the older malleables for decades and died with them, cadavers at medical school most of them have this type of implant.

Would it be nicer to have an inflatable that would last as long as and have almost zero chance to fail?

Hell yeah, but the technology does not exist today.

This is the best that exists today. Failures happen be cause the implant hasn’t been refined yet to prevent them

As such is NOT a good bargain, especially for people without Medicare and insurance that would cover most if not all of it.

If I was 65 with medicare and supplemental, i would get the inflatable, medicare will pay for revision

Its easy to say ohh malleable is crap, get the inflatable is superior when you didn’t pay cash for yours

Most people here and on other groups have not paid full pocket in cash for their implants in a way they take them for granted as it didn’t cost their sweat and blood from working years

As an average fella who is not rich and just having an average job i cannot afford revisions theyre too expensive this surgery out of pocket is more expensive than most hair transplants

From financial perspective the malleable makes more sense more bang for your buck you get more peace of mind that is less likely to fail etc

Would be nicer to have an inflatable that is bulletproof that is dream that does not exist today

Based on the financial aspect, yes, you are 100% correct and were I to have to pay out of pocket, I would opt for the malleable as well.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:07 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:
frank66665 wrote:
Stayingstrong wrote:I don't care what the material is, all materials fatigue under repetitive bending and straightening which ultimately leads to breaking.
Big deal, the companies offer a lifetime warranty. It costs virtually nothing in raw material to make the implant so to market it better, why not give a lifetime, false security, warranty. They made their money on the first one.
They don't cover the expensive part being the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and hospital.

Stayingstrong, explain to me the reason why in Italy, I believe also in the USA, the 3 pieces offer a 5 year guarantee, when the doctor and the manufacturer both AMS and Coloplast claim that the implant has a life of 10 to 15 years

I can only explain in an analogy.
Your vehicle has a 5 or 6 year warranty. Most manufactured today will go 10 to 15 years problem free.
The Coloplast warranty is the same for both the inflatable and the malleable.
I don't have the AMS and I have not read the warranty

you can't make this type of comparison with a vehicle, a vehicle has a 5 year warranty, if something breaks after the warranty the broken part will be changed, the advertised inflatable penile implant which lasts 10 to 15 years from the doctor who implants it and the manufacturer cannot have a 5-year warranty, this means that the doctor and the manufacturer are contradicting each other, especially from the moment it fails it must be replaced entirely, not like a car that breaks the gearbox or melts the engine, if they have reduced the warranty it is because they have found that the systems barely last 5/8 years
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:11 pm

I forgot to say that the implants last 5/8 years if all goes well
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:24 pm

The financial part of it can be huge, I'm a veteran in my 60's and I worked construction for 30 years beating the hell out of my body everyday just so I could afford a few smiles when I get on in age, and it's hard now days for the average working guy out there simply because of poor insurance coverage for med, procedures like this, so with all the out of pocket expenses, time spent, anxiety, health concerns, all the pre op, appointments and right down to getting a safe hotel to stay at while your doing these appointments, I'm just going to treat myself to a little piece of mind for awhile and not worry about an IPP failure.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:13 pm

frank66665 wrote:
Stayingstrong wrote:
frank66665 wrote:Stayingstrong, explain to me the reason why in Italy, I believe also in the USA, the 3 pieces offer a 5 year guarantee, when the doctor and the manufacturer both AMS and Coloplast claim that the implant has a life of 10 to 15 years

I can only explain in an analogy.
Your vehicle has a 5 or 6 year warranty. Most manufactured today will go 10 to 15 years problem free.
The Coloplast warranty is the same for both the inflatable and the malleable.
I don't have the AMS and I have not read the warranty

you can't make this type of comparison with a vehicle, a vehicle has a 5 year warranty, if something breaks after the warranty the broken part will be changed, the advertised inflatable penile implant which lasts 10 to 15 years from the doctor who implants it and the manufacturer cannot have a 5-year warranty, this means that the doctor and the manufacturer are contradicting each other, especially from the moment it fails it must be replaced entirely, not like a car that breaks the gearbox or melts the engine, if they have reduced the warranty it is because they have found that the systems barely last 5/8 years

It is not an exact analogy but the point is that most warranties are based on manufacturer defects and not on overuse or abuse of a product. In most instances a product will fairly far outlast the warranty.
Anyway, the main point is that the Coloplast warranty is the same on both types of implants so that can not be used as a basis for which one will endure more than the other.
Obviously, with less components, the malleable is likely to outlast the inflatable. However, that fact alone does not make it superior.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:17 pm

frank66665 wrote:I forgot to say that the implants last 5/8 years if all goes well

Your signature says you have the Titan.
Are you not happy with the inflatable
?
Age 70

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm

thedriver wrote:The financial part of it can be huge, I'm a veteran in my 60's and I worked construction for 30 years beating the hell out of my body everyday just so I could afford a few smiles when I get on in age, and it's hard now days for the average working guy out there simply because of poor insurance coverage for med, procedures like this, so with all the out of pocket expenses, time spent, anxiety, health concerns, all the pre op, appointments and right down to getting a safe hotel to stay at while your doing these appointments, I'm just going to treat myself to a little piece of mind for awhile and not worry about an IPP failure.

I must say, with that many issues regarding the inflatable, based on the fact that the same surgeon performed them all, I would be inclined to not call it just bad luck, but rather consider some surgeon error or deficiency in the equation.
I would expect some kind of accountability on his part.
Age 70

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:45 pm

Lol the surgeon can be a magician and the implant can still fail. Your surgeon has no control over how your body works, your genes, your conditions, etc

Some people are more prone to infection for example.

If you research, you’ll find most of the failures have to do with the pump. The one thing that inflates and deflates the implant.

A pump is not meant to last forever. In many applications, pumps are used and they need replacement often.

Many times the implant comes crappy from the factory or your physiology doesn’t agree with it or bad luck causes the tubes or reservoirs to leak.

Those patients that have revisions and it always fail it has more to do with their physiology than the surgeon or the implants.

Its very possible for the body to reject all these parts.

With the malleable you only have 2 silicone rods but the inflatable implants consists many parts made of different stuff

I can guarantee the body is not particularly happy with all those foreign objects in there and although it may not be attacking them or consider them a threat is still cautious and watching.

Your lifestyle could also cause the pump to fail, the tubes and reservoirs to develop a crack, etc is very possible straining, lifting heavy weights, etc from the inside pressure

Sometimes stuff just fails cause is mechanical like anything

To think that every implant is the same just because is the same model is absurd

Not every product is the same, they all different this applies to everything that is replicated in masses

Most average, some are very good, some are lemons, etc

Return to “Implants”