Broken again?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: Broken again?

Postby oldbeek » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

Do you even know there is a preconnected option? There may be a little excess tubing but there is no connections to go bad.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:54 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:If you find a lawyer that will take the case let me know who because after all my issues I contacted about 20 and all sayd that they wouldn’t take the case because medical malpractice cases are hard to win and cost a lot to fight

quote="JohnHC"]
iwantanewone wrote:I replied to you before! I think you need to become more forceful!! I would speak to your doctor… you don’t mention his name…. 3 in a year??? Not acceptable. If he does enough business with ams they will work with him to get everything covered as well as the hospital can contribute as well. It would not be acceptable to me!! Perhaps you should consider a new surgeon! A letter from an attorney goes along way!! I would not pay this 3rd time and I would have a total replacement and it would be covered but I am very demanding and I have a good relationship with my doctors in all areas of my health… “the squeaky wheel….”
Good luck and put up a good fight!!

Unfortunately I'm one of those who like to see the good in everyone and try to do the right thing. I'm trying to get it sorted out with everyone - the Dr himself is great and I highly respect him, Boston Scientific isn't a problem as they will provide the replacement device for free per the warranty, the hospital however is not being cooperative at all. I believe if the Dr has his way he would have already had this fixed already at no charge but the billing dept has other ideas. I've given information I got from Boston Scientific to my HR to try to get the insurance to correct this mess and am waiting to hear back, however the hospital has sent the bill to collections and personally I've through being the nice guy. If I don't get a response back from insurance about this very soon, then yes I'm going to a lawyer and yes I'll be asking for lawyer fees, payment for the past surgeries, payment for upcoming needed surgery, pain and suffering for all of this, the pain and suffering/loss of companionship for my wife, plus whatever punitive damages I can get. They'll have to make a really sweet deal before I'll settle once I get a lawyer involved. Like I've said my Dr and Boston Scientific have been great, it's the bureaucracies that have been jerks.
[/quote]

Transformer, I told you not to go back to Dr Doumanium after his first major screw up. Trying to sue USC Keck teaching hospital isn't going to happen. Dr Boyd ( who I told you to go to) fixed his screw up. USC has a staff of layers larger than the state of California. You will never find a law firm to fight USC/Keck.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am

oldbeek wrote:Do you even know there is a preconnected option? There may be a little excess tubing but there is no connections to go bad.

This one everything is pre connected except for the reservoir. AMS rep told me that they use the pre connected units then lay the tubing from the reservoir and pump together cutting at the overlap then connecting the two together. They don't use fully connected devices as they don't know exactly where or how deep etc... they will need to place the reservoir. It all depends on the patients anatomy.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm

Oldbeek ,
Yes you are correct USC has lots of lawyers and probably the reason why no one wanted to take my case, but like the op, I was told by USC it was approved and then after the revision they refused to pay. Only after I threatened about taking them to court did USC take care of the 30k bill they were trying to stick me with after their surgeon screwed up. You are 100% correct I should have switched drs after the first screw up , but I liked him and bought in to what he was telling me. Yes Dr Boyd and Dr Doyle fixed my infection and gave me back the use of the implant and they are fantastic, but even using them I have an issue currently after my revision in January were there is a leak in the system.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

newhope

Postby newhope » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 am

Tmansdorfer wrote:Oldbeek ,
Yes you are correct USC has lots of lawyers and probably the reason why no one wanted to take my case, but like the op, I was told by USC it was approved and then after the revision they refused to pay. Only after I threatened about taking them to court did USC take care of the 30k bill they were trying to stick me with after their surgeon screwed up. You are 100% correct I should have switched drs after the first screw up , but I liked him and bought in to what he was telling me. Yes Dr Boyd and Dr Doyle fixed my infection and gave me back the use of the implant and they are fantastic, but even using them I have an issue currently after my revision in January were there is a leak in the system.

Man I am very sorry for all your revisions, that shouldn't happen. I would suggest you to just go to the malleable route and be happy with it
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am

I had a procedure yesterday to look for the leak , but they did not find one and just put more fluid in the system. So apparently during the last revision they did not add enough fluid back. I should be good to go now
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:I had a procedure yesterday to look for the leak , but they did not find one and just put more fluid in the system. So apparently during the last revision they did not add enough fluid back. I should be good to go now

how did they add more fluid
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:14 pm

Infrapubic they make a small incision to get to the tubing and disconnected the splice to the reservoir and pressure tested everything and when everything passed they just added the correct amount of fluid. Pumped it up several times and didn’t see a leak anywhere and rechecked the fluid amount and none was lost

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:05 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:Infrapubic they make a small incision to get to the tubing and disconnected the splice to the reservoir and pressure tested everything and when everything passed they just added the correct amount of fluid. Pumped it up several times and didn’t see a leak anywhere and rechecked the fluid amount and none was lost

That is good to hear. It seems that some drs aren't inclined to do simple repairs. No need to make it over complicated in my mind.
Small incision, open the tubing, do a pressure test to look for a leak. Add saline & move on. One caveat, I hope that if there was a very small leak that it would of showed in the test. I suspect the dr knew by the previous surgery notes that the saline used was on the low amount side. That brings another question up. Why don't the drs just add a bit more saline as insurance during the first surgery?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:10 pm

Yea a lot of dr’s might have just replaced everything but because of my infection history he didn’t want to disturb any of the parts and risk that . He also said that the fluid looked pristine and when there is a leak you will usually get a little contamanents from your body back into the system which would make it look more milky. The revision I had a lot of different things done and he thinks they just didn’t add enough fluid back to allow for expansion with the lgx

Return to “Implants”