appointment for the implant. I have two questions for you

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Simoxxx

appointment for the implant. I have two questions for you

Postby Simoxxx » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:23 pm

Hi, today I met Dr. Cosentino. he immediately put me at ease and after the routine visit he showed me all the prostheses. Given my age and my expectations, he discarded the malleable implants and recommended TINTAN ONE TOUCH. he says it's the most reliable, it has a 10-year warranty for failures and breakages, and in terms of rigidity and diameter it's his favorite. the doctor is high volume, so I will rely on him and all his advice. He also assured me that in case of breakage within 10 years he would not make me pay anything out of pocket for the surgery (and this is a which not everyone does). we had a long chat and he answered all my doubts and made himself available in case I had any others. regarding the surgery he said that he is a supporter of the penoscrotal he will keep the implant inflated for 24 hours and then deflate it, so the day after the surgery I will be able to go home. Now I want to ask you, isn't it a little to keep it inflated for just 24 hours? I heard someone here who kept it semi-inflated for 1/2 weeks. How long did you keep it inflated? How long after did you start cycling? he told me that for about a month...a month and a half I won't have to touch anything. thanks for the replies
47 years old, I have been suffering from erectile dysfunction for about 24 years due to a serious venous leak. Pills only worked at the beginning now I use VED with cock ring but not entirely satisfactory. Planting scheduled for April 26th

Old Guy

Re: appointment for the implant. I have two questions for you

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:22 pm

Nice the doc already put you at ease. The news about a ten year warranty is good, no cost IF there needs to be a revision.
I was left inflated for 5 1/2 weeks but only because I was too sore to let the doc deflate me at my 2 week follow up. I never cycled, never instructed to do so, never knew I was supposed to until I found FT 5 months later.
Sounds like the surgery will be done in a hospital and you are staying overnight? That will mean the nurses get to take care of the catheter and drain bag, which is good.
My biggest issue at first with the Titan was finding the deflate button. Between the swelling, soreness and fingers that have reduced feeling in them it was near impossible. Had to go back to doc twice to deflate me. Now it's no problem.
Every doc seems to have their own method no matter who trained them. Best to stick to whatever they advise.
Best of luck. I'm sure you will love the new you.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Alex258

Postby Alex258 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:20 pm

Simoxxx wrote:Hi, today I met Dr. Cosentino. he immediately put me at ease and after the routine visit he showed me all the prostheses. Given my age and my expectations, he discarded the malleable implants and recommended TINTAN ONE TOUCH. he says it's the most reliable, it has a 10-year warranty for failures and breakages, and in terms of rigidity and diameter it's his favorite. the doctor is high volume, so I will rely on him and all his advice. He also assured me that in case of breakage within 10 years he would not make me pay anything out of pocket for the surgery (and this is a which not everyone does). we had a long chat and he answered all my doubts and made himself available in case I had any others. regarding the surgery he said that he is a supporter of the penoscrotal he will keep the implant inflated for 24 hours and then deflate it, so the day after the surgery I will be able to go home. Now I want to ask you, isn't it a little to keep it inflated for just 24 hours? I heard someone here who kept it semi-inflated for 1/2 weeks. How long did you keep it inflated? How long after did you start cycling? he told me that for about a month...a month and a half I won't have to touch anything. thanks for the replies

Mine wasn't inflated at surgery. I was given the okay to try to cycle after one week but it was impossible for me and it was another week that I started to get somewhere and had sex at 7 weeks. I think its different for everyone. 13 months in and its all perfect today Coloplast Titan.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:32 pm

Simoxxx wrote:Hi, today I met Dr. Cosentino. he immediately put me at ease and after the routine visit he showed me all the prostheses. Given my age and my expectations, he discarded the malleable implants and recommended TINTAN ONE TOUCH. he says it's the most reliable, it has a 10-year warranty for failures and breakages, and in terms of rigidity and diameter it's his favorite. the doctor is high volume, so I will rely on him and all his advice. He also assured me that in case of breakage within 10 years he would not make me pay anything out of pocket for the surgery (and this is a which not everyone does). we had a long chat and he answered all my doubts and made himself available in case I had any others. regarding the surgery he said that he is a supporter of the penoscrotal he will keep the implant inflated for 24 hours and then deflate it, so the day after the surgery I will be able to go home. Now I want to ask you, isn't it a little to keep it inflated for just 24 hours? I heard someone here who kept it semi-inflated for 1/2 weeks. How long did you keep it inflated? How long after did you start cycling? he told me that for about a month...a month and a half I won't have to touch anything. thanks for the replies

Get a couple consultations from maybe clavell and eid, they have much different methods as well. Maybe talk to a couple of his patients.

I was partial inflated for 5 weeks and then started cycling. The 5 weeks makes good sense, let your body encapsulate the implant, then work on stretching it out to the max. But im no doctor, and having a partial chub that’s painful for 5 weeks kinda sucks.

I can’t imagine your doc would fully deflate a titan, your dog ears would make it too painful, you should clarify with him. I bet he leaves you inflated just enough so the dog ears dont bug you.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:34 pm

Witheringhog wrote:

Get a couple consultations from maybe clavell and eid, they have much different methods as well. Maybe talk to a couple of his patients.

I was partial inflated for 5 weeks and then started cycling. The 5 weeks makes good sense, let your body encapsulate the implant, then work on stretching it out to the max. But im no doctor, and having a partial chub that’s painful for 5 weeks kinda sucks.

I can’t imagine your doc would fully deflate a titan, your dog ears would make it too painful, you should clarify with him. I bet he leaves you inflated just enough so the dog ears dont bug you.

Not to derail the conversation, but what made you choose Clavell over Eid after consulting with both, if not geographical distance?
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.
Tried pills, injections, shockwave therapy, rings, healthy lifestyle, alternative meds.

Implant T-Shirts: https://www.bionicbrothers.store
ED Discord: https://discord.gg/tdtu7WTa4a
Pump: https://tinyurl.com/57buc55e

Simoxxx

Postby Simoxxx » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:02 pm

Old Guy wrote:Nice the doc already put you at ease. The news about a ten year warranty is good, no cost IF there needs to be a revision.
I was left inflated for 5 1/2 weeks but only because I was too sore to let the doc deflate me at my 2 week follow up. I never cycled, never instructed to do so, never knew I was supposed to until I found FT 5 months later.
Sounds like the surgery will be done in a hospital and you are staying overnight? That will mean the nurses get to take care of the catheter and drain bag, which is good.
My biggest issue at first with the Titan was finding the deflate button. Between the swelling, soreness and fingers that have reduced feeling in them it was near impossible. Had to go back to doc twice to deflate me. Now it's no problem.
Every doc seems to have their own method no matter who trained them. Best to stick to whatever they advise.
Best of luck. I'm sure you will love the new you.

yes, I will carry out the operation in a private clinic,and I will be cared for by the nurses. I will stay in hospital for a night and the next day I will be able to go out. he told me that I will leave the clinic deflated.. and until the wound is completely healed I absolutely won't have to touch down there. hands are the main source of germs and bacteria, so until everything is ok that area should be touched as little as possible. every doctor has his own method, and every patient reacts differently. I cross my fingers and trust him.
47 years old, I have been suffering from erectile dysfunction for about 24 years due to a serious venous leak. Pills only worked at the beginning now I use VED with cock ring but not entirely satisfactory. Planting scheduled for April 26th

Simoxxx

Postby Simoxxx » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:10 pm

Alex258 wrote:

Mine wasn't inflated at surgery. I was given the okay to try to cycle after one week but it was impossible for me and it was another week that I started to get somewhere and had sex at 7 weeks. I think its different for everyone. 13 months in and its all perfect today Coloplast Titan.

I'm happy for you that everything went well.
you came out of the operating room deflated and he gave you permission to swell after a week but you couldn't do it because it hurt too much. at this point I can think that my doctor knows from his experience that in any case it takes a few weeks of convalescence before being able to do something.

Alex258

Postby Alex258 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:23 pm

Simoxxx wrote:
Alex258 wrote:

I'm happy for you that everything went well.
you came out of the operating room deflated and he gave you permission to swell after a week but you couldn't do it because it hurt too much. at this point I can think that my doctor knows from his experience that in any case it takes a few weeks of convalescence before being able to do something.

What I experienced is that it just takes time. I commented elsewhere that when I woke up post surgery I was kinda dissapointed at the size. I cycled etc and it has grown to a very acceptable level. its still growing girth wise as well. My recovery was a tough one yet I'd do it all over again.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:15 pm

returntocenter wrote:
Witheringhog wrote:

Not to derail the conversation, but what made you choose Clavell over Eid after consulting with both, if not geographical distance?

Lame reasons really, i hat NY, anything i can do to not help their disaster of a city was one reason. The other, i like the idea of a young, smart and highly motivated guy vs a person who is at retirement age. I think in my own career I cared more and was better at almost everything in my late 20s/30s. Especially athletics, having young steady experienced hands + Clavell was super nice and you can tell from talking with him, hes smart. Cant say that for most doctors i have met with.

I would have flown anywhere for a good outcome. I liked Clavells videos compared to the other docs. Just felt right. Also alot of positives on FT about him so I wanted to go with a good reputation from here.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:43 pm

I was partial inflated for 30 days and didn't do more as I had internal swelling due to work needed to deal with Scar Tissue he found. Once swelling down all worked fine.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”