How long were your testicles swollen?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SammyVegas

How long were your testicles swollen?

Postby SammyVegas » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:39 pm

Hello gentlemen! I reached out to the doc but haven’t heard back.

How long were your testicles swollen? I’m two weeks out and about the size of a grapefruit. No pain just really swollen and uncomfortable. Hoping I don’t have an infection.

Thank you!
22 CM Titan -
Implanted by Dr. Clavell on 12/26/23
Just under 7” pre-op x 5.5 -
Currently 5.5” x 5
Looking forward to cycling and gaining it back!
Peyronies and Narrowing. Stretched and VE before implant

Witheringhog

Re: How long were your testicles swollen?

Postby Witheringhog » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:59 pm

SammyVegas wrote:Hello gentlemen! I reached out to the doc but haven’t heard back.

How long were your testicles swollen? I’m two weeks out and about the size of a grapefruit. No pain just really swollen and uncomfortable. Hoping I don’t have an infection.

Thank you!

Mine were never that swollen, but i could feel the pump way better around week 3-4
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:34 pm

Are your testicles swollen or just adjusting to their new roommate? Have you been icing? I really never had much swelling in the boys but they sure didn't like the new guy for several weeks.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

SammyVegas

Postby SammyVegas » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:09 pm

Old Guy wrote:Are your testicles swollen or just adjusting to their new roommate? Have you been icing? I really never had much swelling in the boys but they sure didn't like the new guy for several weeks.

They are swollen. They were swollen pretty much the moment I took off the bandages two days after surgery.

Sent a pic to the doc and he said it looks ok. But pics can be deceiving so I’m a bit worried.
22 CM Titan -
Implanted by Dr. Clavell on 12/26/23
Just under 7” pre-op x 5.5 -
Currently 5.5” x 5
Looking forward to cycling and gaining it back!
Peyronies and Narrowing. Stretched and VE before implant

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:15 pm

I am one week out and am still very swollen. My doc said some guys have relatively little swelling, and others have even more than I did. He said for guys who swell, I'm medium. My anatomy is slightly funky down there, so the compression wrap didn't work. I went from cantaloupe down to grapefruit and now at a week, the scrotum and surrounding area is about the size of an orange. He said at my 2 week, it should be about 50% gone. I wish I was one of the guys that didn't swell, but here we are. I've pretty much shifted from ice to a heating pad multiple times a day for about 10 minutes at a time. The purple from the bruising is now slowly creeping down my leg. Swelling doesn't mean infection......it's just a result of a lot of trauma and upset tissue.

I worry, too, but am getting more chill as the days go by and I see progress. Today, at a week, I walked for about 20 minutes gentaly around the neighborhood to just get things circulating.

Good luck to you, and good luck not worrying! It's an effort at times.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:56 am

I had serious swelling for the first three weeks. I'm four weeks out and it's much better. I emailed pics to my surgeon yesterday and he prescribed an antibiotic to help with the remaining swelling. I was surprised that an antibiotic would do that, but he has a medical degree and I don't. :)
In addition to the swollen testicles I have a large edema at the tip of my foreskin. Time will take care of that.
Don't worry, it will get better.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:45 pm

I also had swelling for about 30 days and did Ice of and on and after that it was fine. Be patient and if more help needed, see another Dr. if your Dr... is not close by to help you feel better.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

CigareVolant

Postby CigareVolant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:36 pm

Here's my experience. Everything is great now, so as you read this keep in mind that I love my implant and have no regrets at all. In fact, I wish I'd done it sooner.

At the start, I had trouble with a swollen ball on the right side, near the implant. Things seemed fine when I left the hospital, but somehow my body reacted funny over the next day or two. I've always wondered whether I did something over-agressive to cause that. In addition to being swollen, the testicle seemed to be attached to the pump. I couldn't really get in there to feel the pump. The doctor had told me to "pull the pump down", but I couldn't figure out how to get my hands on it independent of the testicle, which I didn't (obviously) want to tug on.

I kept notes, and at two weeks, I wrote this: "Things still feel pretty weird around my right testicle, so I've been very tentative in even touching it at all. When I do touch, it's still like there's a big, weird lump (cardboard like?) down in the lower right. I think I can feel the ball of the pump but I've never clearly felt stuff further up. That would require poking and exploring harder than I want to. The doc said it was just a 'swollen testicle', but it seems like multiple different things in there. I don't know how different parts of a testicle might swell, though, so who knows."

At 4 weeks the swelling was down but it was still hard for me to feel the valve control above the pump. It wasn't until around the 8th week that stuff started to feel pretty normal. Up until the 8th week I struggled to deflate and sometimes I would give up and try again 30 minutes later. Now, a year and a half later, it is so normal and easy to deflate. I wonder if the valve was stiffer back then, if there was still some swelling blocking things, or if it's just that my fingers now know exactly what to feel for.

At 12 weeks I wrote: "My implant feels like part of me. Just normal. Inflating is easy, and I can even do it with my left hand. Deflation is easy and always works. (Sometimes it takes a bit longer than others, but it's never a problem. The skin feels 'thinner' and I can more easily feel the components on the pump. My fingers are so used to how everything is positioned that I can usually go directly to the deflate position with little if any feeling around for right spot. Partly because I'm used to it, I think, but also because the thin-ness lets me feel the correct 'landing spots' for finger and thumb."

All through this my doctor told me, "Your experience worse than average, but there's nothing I haven't seen plenty of times, and you are going to be completely fine." He was right.
Implanted June, 2022 by Dr. Karpman. 22cm Titan with 1.5cm RTE.

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:13 am

I was surprised that an antibiotic would do that, but he has a medical degree and I don't. :)

Nerdy, I've never heard of antibiotics helping with swelling. Maybe it was just a precaution? Do you feel the antibiotics helped significantly right away? Also, I think our post-surgical experience is about the same. When were you able to press the deflate button? I'm 2.5 weeks, still swollen, and try to explore it all in a hot bath. I've been 50% inflated the whole time, and frankly it's getting a little old.....

Thanks
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:53 pm

DeadlineDave wrote:
I was surprised that an antibiotic would do that, but he has a medical degree and I don't. :)

Nerdy, I've never heard of antibiotics helping with swelling. Maybe it was just a precaution? Do you feel the antibiotics helped significantly right away? Also, I think our post-surgical experience is about the same. When were you able to press the deflate button? I'm 2.5 weeks, still swollen, and try to explore it all in a hot bath. I've been 50% inflated the whole time, and frankly it's getting a little old.....

Thanks

DeadlineDave, Dr. Kansas uses the infrapubic technique which causes less trauma and has a quicker recovery time. I had the penoscrotal procedure that can take 6 weeks or more to recover. My surgeon's instruction were to leave it alone until my 6-week follow up which will be tomorrow. I don't know if it was the antibiotic, but a few days after taking it I was able to find the deflate button. It did make me itch and gave me a slight case of hives. That was over 5 weeks in. Two weeks ago I sent him pictures of the incision and all looked good. Tonight I couldn't wait any longer and successfully deflated for the first time!
I expect you'll be good to go after 4 weeks, but everyone heals at a different rate. I still have bruising and tenderness.
Best wishes to you!
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

Return to “Implants”