Need help 0n deflating. Coloplast Toitan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Witheringhog

Re: Need help 0n deflating. Coloplast Toitan

Postby Witheringhog » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:45 am

Clavells youtube video needs updating he said.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

wgs743

Postby wgs743 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:59 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post with good advice.
The solution to deflating was to simply use more pressure on the valve and the penis. Grabbing the penis close to the base also helped. I have gotten it down to where penis ks no longer rigid after about 2 minutes deflating. I had been worried about breaking something if I squeezed too hard. Did notwant an ER visit during holidays.
Thanks again for the helpful replies.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:33 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:
ThailandBound wrote:I never cease to be be amazed when i read about a brother here who has received no cycling instructions. Not your fault, but shame on the surgeon. Cycling is just as much a part of recovery as anything else.

I’d say for you, absent any other instruction, it’s time to start watching youtube videos on the subject. Both Dr. Jonathan Clavell & Dr. Perito have excellent videos on this subject. You can also input “penile implant inflation” into the youtube search engine and see what pops up. Start there.

Were you infrapubic or penoscrotal?

Doctors vary here. Eid, who does penoscrotal, has patients cycling within days (ouch). Dr. Clavell’s guys start at 6 weeks, after the swelling has subsided (i was one of those). Infrapubic guys need typically to pull the pump physically down to insure proper long-term placement. Penoscrotal guys typically do not do this.

I can only give you my routine. Other guys differ. Most seem to work long term.

I would pump up as much as i could. Until it was uncomfortable. Not acute pain, like a stab, but uncomfortable. I’d then hold it there for about :20 minutes. I’d then do the “Perito exercises” on it for a couple of minutes, bending (at the base, not mid shaft), in every direction. That would allow several more “micro-squeezes” in. I’d pump up as much as i could stand at this point and set a timer for :5 more minutes. That was most uncomfortable, and i was eager to deflate the moment the timer went off.

I’d do precisely the above for about a week, daily. Sometimes twice day. I couldn’t bathe (no baths, that is, showers only) for a month. When i was cleared, cycling a hot bath helped soften the device and tissue. I still hated that part because i simply don’t like sitting in hot water for so long, but it helped.

Following week. Same. Only the initial inflation time increased by :5 minutes (to :25), followed by Perito exercises, the again the final, uncomfortable pump up to full max. Set timer for 5 minutes at this level.

Following week. All the same, except increase the initial pump 5 more minutes. perito. pump to max. hold 5 more.

Did this until i got to 1 hour at initial pump up (took months). Still then, the perito’s + :5 minutes at full max.

Result: slight increase in original length. Increase in girth. Able to have sex in any position, for up to a solid hour (even more if slightly less than absolute max).

This is physical therapy. For me, not the most pleasant part of my day. Have ibuprofen on hand. Some guys take it 1/2 hour before cycling. I would take it after if i had residual soreness after deflation.

You mentioned deflation issues.

The entire apparatus is harder now, out of the box, than it will be in a few weeks/months time. Stay optimistic. I have the classic/genesis pump. My deflation rate depends on how hard i squeeze the bars (sounds like you’re squeezing in the right place. remember, if one way absolutely won’t deflate, there’s only 1 other way to rotate and squeeze. 50/50).

Squeeze….hard! Even now, 11 months postop, i can deflate about 50% faster with a hard squeeze than a gentle one. I realize you key be fresh from surgery. The hard squeeze may be beyond your tender scrotum. Just do your best. Don’t need to squeeze your dick hard either. Just enough to pressurize the fluid back upstream. No need to strangle your dick.

Remember, that’s just me. One guy. Other guys will chime in likely, with a FT search (“cycling”) you’ll see probably hundreds of posts on this subject.

Good luck!

All good advice except for the fact that I have viewed almost all of the penile implant pertinent videos on You Tube and both Perito and Clavell demonstrate the bending exercise. However, as I see it, it looks more like they are holding the base and bending mid shaft more to stretch the cylinders and the tunica albuginea rather than bending at the base. I think bending at the base might loosen the implant attachment at the crux, which may tend to create a more wobbly erection.
I don't know completely, but I would like to know what is the proper execution

In the demos they are bending cylinders, not penises. I asked Clavell about bending mid-shaft. He said “c’mon man, you don’t want to break your dick, do you?”.

That’s all i need to know.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:43 am

ThailandBound wrote:
Stayingstrong wrote:
ThailandBound wrote:I never cease to be be amazed when i read about a brother here who has received no cycling instructions. Not your fault, but shame on the surgeon. Cycling is just as much a part of recovery as anything else.

I’d say for you, absent any other instruction, it’s time to start watching youtube videos on the subject. Both Dr. Jonathan Clavell & Dr. Perito have excellent videos on this subject. You can also input “penile implant inflation” into the youtube search engine and see what pops up. Start there.

Were you infrapubic or penoscrotal?

Doctors vary here. Eid, who does penoscrotal, has patients cycling within days (ouch). Dr. Clavell’s guys start at 6 weeks, after the swelling has subsided (i was one of those). Infrapubic guys need typically to pull the pump physically down to insure proper long-term placement. Penoscrotal guys typically do not do this.

I can only give you my routine. Other guys differ. Most seem to work long term.

I would pump up as much as i could. Until it was uncomfortable. Not acute pain, like a stab, but uncomfortable. I’d then hold it there for about :20 minutes. I’d then do the “Perito exercises” on it for a couple of minutes, bending (at the base, not mid shaft), in every direction. That would allow several more “micro-squeezes” in. I’d pump up as much as i could stand at this point and set a timer for :5 more minutes. That was most uncomfortable, and i was eager to deflate the moment the timer went off.

I’d do precisely the above for about a week, daily. Sometimes twice day. I couldn’t bathe (no baths, that is, showers only) for a month. When i was cleared, cycling a hot bath helped soften the device and tissue. I still hated that part because i simply don’t like sitting in hot water for so long, but it helped.

Following week. Same. Only the initial inflation time increased by :5 minutes (to :25), followed by Perito exercises, the again the final, uncomfortable pump up to full max. Set timer for 5 minutes at this level.

Following week. All the same, except increase the initial pump 5 more minutes. perito. pump to max. hold 5 more.

Did this until i got to 1 hour at initial pump up (took months). Still then, the perito’s + :5 minutes at full max.

Result: slight increase in original length. Increase in girth. Able to have sex in any position, for up to a solid hour (even more if slightly less than absolute max).

This is physical therapy. For me, not the most pleasant part of my day. Have ibuprofen on hand. Some guys take it 1/2 hour before cycling. I would take it after if i had residual soreness after deflation.

You mentioned deflation issues.

The entire apparatus is harder now, out of the box, than it will be in a few weeks/months time. Stay optimistic. I have the classic/genesis pump. My deflation rate depends on how hard i squeeze the bars (sounds like you’re squeezing in the right place. remember, if one way absolutely won’t deflate, there’s only 1 other way to rotate and squeeze. 50/50).

Squeeze….hard! Even now, 11 months postop, i can deflate about 50% faster with a hard squeeze than a gentle one. I realize you key be fresh from surgery. The hard squeeze may be beyond your tender scrotum. Just do your best. Don’t need to squeeze your dick hard either. Just enough to pressurize the fluid back upstream. No need to strangle your dick.

Remember, that’s just me. One guy. Other guys will chime in likely, with a FT search (“cycling”) you’ll see probably hundreds of posts on this subject.

Good luck!

All good advice except for the fact that I have viewed almost all of the penile implant pertinent videos on You Tube and both Perito and Clavell demonstrate the bending exercise. However, as I see it, it looks more like they are holding the base and bending mid shaft more to stretch the cylinders and the tunica albuginea rather than bending at the base. I think bending at the base might loosen the implant attachment at the crux, which may tend to create a more wobbly erection.
I don't know completely, but I would like to know what is the proper execution

In the demos they are bending cylinders, tnot penises. I asked Clavell about bending mid-shaft. He said “c’mon man, you don’t want to break your dick, do you?”.

That’s all i need to know.

Am I missing something?
I have watched both Perito and Clavell "exercise" videos numerous times and they both describe stabilizing the penis at the base with one hand and bending at mid shaft with the other.
How do you bend the cylinders without bending your penis???
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Mrprime

Postby Mrprime » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:18 pm

in the first few weeks it felt like i was struggling to get rid of the fluid hahaha..like dam man,,
it gets easier..yes its normal..just gently squeeze...its not a race...eventually you will realize you dont have to clamp down at all on that release valve..
I was pinching that valve and getting hand cramps in the beginning..now 8 weeks in,,i barely need to struggle at all..
I do notice after orgasm,,there is blood in shaft with cylinders so it feels like im leaving more fluid in titan..so i just wait a while and then go back and drain any thats left..
Bionic on Nov 7 2023 24cm coloplast titan
48yr old. Pills & Injections barely & stopped working.
Implanted by DR who uses NO touch TECHNIQUE.

Return to “Implants”