Titan vs AMS ???? Input Please.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Journeyman

Re: Titan vs AMS

Postby Journeyman » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:23 pm

Last thing is Titan is recommended for larger size implants, which seem to have more failure rates. Maybe that is the reason which kept Boston Scientific away from producing implants bigger than 21cm, with only 24cm as a special order.

Dr. Clavell told me that 22cm titans and smaller come complete from the manufacturer. 24cm and larger comes with all the separate components that the surgeon has to splice together with , I'll call them , tubing couplings. This could be the reason for a higher failure rate with the bigger titans .It would seem to me that these junctions would be more likely to cause problems if not done correctly .Just my speculation.
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:27 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Thanks for the replies. Tokyo the video was informative. I was checking for guys they may have had both implants to see which they liked the best. A surgeon probably knows based on his training but I’m not sure how many of them have an implant installed. I don’t know about rte’s I could look back on my paperwork to find that information but wasn’t wanting this thread hijacked onto information not pertinent to this subject matter.
Thanks for alls input and I’ll continue to check this thread.
I always had a Titan but the longest one has lasted was 3 years 10 months. Two only lasted a couple months. I’m an average married guy 62 and no rough sex or stuff like that. Just plain old screwing so I don’t think it’s the activity but the product.
I’m not sure why but mentally I always become depressed and very anxious when they break. I guess it’s just a man thing but not sure.
Thank again for any and all feedback!

You had 6 revisions. Were they all by the same surgeon?
If so, I would question the technique of the surgeon rather than the manufacturer. It would be highly coincidental that there would be 6 failures from a particular product that has been around since the advent of the implant.
AMS and Coloplast have very similar track records for durability and longevity and occasional malfunction occurs in both but not to the extent of 6.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:39 pm

I have a new doctor. Dr Hakky in Atlanta now
He replaced the last two. One was a pump failure and the other was due to a body breakdown due to previous surgeries. I ask him to replace everything each time. I don’t like the thoughts of piecing things together nor did he like the idea. My body had failures from pre existing issues and surgery too. I thought he was going to use mesh to repair but he was able to make a pocket and use permanent stitches. I have total confidence in Dr Hakky. I just wish I’d knew him from the beginning.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Nycflugel

Postby Nycflugel » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:26 pm

Which titans did you have? I am getting the classic. How often have you had sex with your implant?

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:18 am

I started with the one touch which refers to the pump style. I loved the pump but it had lots of issues. The classic is what I currently had. It’s good too. The only issue I’ve had with it is it’s noisy when you pump. I’ve had classic the last three implants and this is the only one that’s been noisy. I mean it’s not real loud but definitely can hear when I pump it up.
I cycle every morning and sometimes at night. I don’t always completely inflate. I have sex twice to three times a week.(give or take) sometimes once every two weeks. Lots of factors involved with life, work etc.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:17 am

Ronn1708 wrote:I have a new doctor. Dr Hakky in Atlanta now
He replaced the last two. One was a pump failure and the other was due to a body breakdown due to previous surgeries. I ask him to replace everything each time. I don’t like the thoughts of piecing things together nor did he like the idea. My body had failures from pre existing issues and surgery too. I thought he was going to use mesh to repair but he was able to make a pocket and use permanent stitches. I have total confidence in Dr Hakky. I just wish I’d knew him from the beginning.

Dr. Eid told me that there were problems with the one touch pump and that is why he was using a classic pump with my implant.
I really don't hear a sound but rather only a squishy feel with each pump. Seems like it could be a sound but I really don't hear it
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:21 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:For guys that have had both devices …
Which did you like the best?? Pros ?? Cons ??
Getting ready for my 6th revision. I’ve always had Titan.
I’m considering AMS…

Thanks for any input !

OMG 6th revision? on average how many years did each revision last? and what was the issue in all of them?

Edit: I read some of them lasted only a few months. Would love to hear the reason of failure in all of them. Really appreciated for the rest of us who are considering an implant. Thanks!
Last edited by Discovernew on Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:31 pm

Discovernew wrote:
I’m considering AMS…
Thanks for any input !

OMG 6th revision? on average how many years did each revision last? and what was the issue in all of them?

Save him the work of typing you an answer. Scroll up to yesterday. He answered this already.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Discovernew

Postby Discovernew » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:34 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
Discovernew wrote:
I’m considering AMS…
Thanks for any input !

Save him the work of typing you an answer. Scroll up to yesterday. He answered this already.

True, he answered that the longest lasted 3 years. But would really like to know if all these 5 implants were done by the same surgeon (if it's possible to name him), and which was the cause of failure in each of the 5 cases? this can be useful to all the community here.

I wonder if i was a problem with the brand or with the surgeon,

Thanks
Considering implant after trying everything else under the sun: Pills-Shockwave-Testosterone-PRP-Stem Cells-Botox. Etc.

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:30 pm

The initial surgery and the following two were did by another doctor. Those two were pump failures.
I had another failure and because of an insurance issue with my previous doctors hospital I was denied coverage. I was in a very dark place after being refused surgery because of insurance. I reached out on a Saturday to Dr Tariq Hakky’s web page and sent a request to be contacted. In less than and hour I received a email stating someone from his office would contact Monday morning.
Dr Hakky replaced the device due to pump failure. I had an accidental fall that caused some injuries that caused a tear in one of the areas containing one of the cylinders. I ask for a total replacement vers trying to repair the device. I see Dr Hakky again next week to determine the cause of this failure.
I can not speak highly enough of Dr Hakky. He along with his staff and his great operating room team have been wonderful. After being in such a dark place I was so blessed and fortunate to find this doctor and his practice.
The device has been every issue but one so far. I am almost sure it’s the device once again but I don’t know right now.

Thanks again for everyone’s input and replies!!

Return to “Implants”